Register Now
Kane99

Xbox Is Testing Game Pass Family Sharing

I swear I thought this was already a thing, but it sounds like Xbox will be making it possible to share game pass accounts with family. I guess in a couple countries they've already been given access for family sharing of game pass. Honestly I'm for this, because I believe I could share my subscription with my nephew maybe, so that he too can take advantage of it. 

Do you think this will be good for Xbox? I think so. 

You can read more about this news here - https://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-is-testing-game-pass-family-sharing/1100-6506173/

No lie, that feature will be amazing when it circulates all parts of the world and not just in a selected few. Imagine me sharing my subscription package with a family member or friend who needs an urgent assistant? That will bring a wonderful feeling, I'm looking up to that. 

Wounder what will give up first, the people or the system 😛 I was curious what the price would be, yet might depend on country too. However, $25 a month sounds like a reasonable assumption. Right now ultimate in UK is about $13.30 a month based on a euro 12.99 costs I found googling . So based on that, might be less or more. I can see it going up to $29 per month in US. I hope it's on. $19 a month but we will see.

Weird, I didn't see $25 mentioned in the article I shared, but looking it up further it does look to equal out to that price. Honestly $25 for a family plan is pretty good, considering it gets you up to 5 people on a family plan, which equates to $5 each if this pricing is true. So far there hasn't been an announcement on the pricing, they guess it based off of where it's currently taking place, so the pricing could change. 

But yeah, I think $25 is fair. 

12 minutes ago, Heatman said:

I think that Steam is doing something similar too right? It's a very good development by Xbox and I'm sure that most gamers would fancy it too. Even looking at the price, it's not something that's going to be discouraging. 

They already have a library sharing option. But it requires the person to sign in on your PC in order to do the game sharing option. I haven't done it, but I am considering it for my nephew as I know he'll play a lot of the games I own. The only issue with it, is that when they're playing a game, you're unable to play the same game. But I don't have much of a problem with that. 

On 8/5/2022 at 6:00 PM, killamch89 said:

It's a great feature but $25 is kind of pushing it. At $20 a month, that sounds more reasonable - I mean, in the context of a family that loves gaming, this a great package. 

Considering how difficult it is for many families, placing it on $20 per month or less won't be bad. Although, I believe they did a lot of price testing with a few people before coming up with this new price.

Definitely, it's a good addition to Xbox game pass. I have a cousin that uses Xbox one, he runs frequently out of subscription, I'll let him know about this since he isn't regularly online checking new features of Microsoft devices. He can share this information with his Xbox friends whenever he runs out of subscription. 

On 9/18/2022 at 5:56 PM, Heatman said:

I think that Steam is doing something similar too right? It's a very good development by Xbox and I'm sure that most gamers would fancy it too. Even looking at the price, it's not something that's going to be discouraging. 

As @Kane99 said, they do have something similar already and it's free so that's a bonus.

On 9/23/2022 at 11:08 AM, runswithspatulas said:

a family plan is $40 on the switch. you can add up to 8 free accts i think. you hafta link them to your acct. and if they're kids under 12 they're free. so what xbox is doing for $20 might be nice for y'all.

Yeah, Nintendo's family plan is kinda steep. It's a good thing that I'm the only person that owns a Switch among my immediate family.

On 9/23/2022 at 5:28 PM, Justin11 said:

Definitely, it's a good addition to Xbox game pass. I have a cousin that uses Xbox one, he runs frequently out of subscription, I'll let him know about this since he isn't regularly online checking new features of Microsoft devices. He can share this information with his Xbox friends whenever he runs out of subscription. 

The challenge here is to be sure that this guy can also share with his friends too. 20 dollars is little, but much when we put into considerations what comes with being at receiving end every month 😂

3 hours ago, Ajibusu said:

The challenge here is to be sure that this guy can also share with his friends too. 20 dollars is little, but much when we put into considerations what comes with being at receiving end every month 😂

I understand your point, $20 is little but when summed up with other bills, it becomes something worrying when you have loads of bills to pay that month. That's why this new Xbox feature of 'sharing' is encouraging to users that has loads of bills to pay. 

On 9/30/2022 at 7:37 AM, Justin11 said:

I understand your point, $20 is little but when summed up with other bills, it becomes something worrying when you have loads of bills to pay that month. That's why this new Xbox feature of 'sharing' is encouraging to users that has loads of bills to pay. 

The point still remains that 3 or 4 friends can come together, split what they have to share and get it going. It is not going to be a big challenge as long as they corporate on pooling their 5 dollars each at the end of the month.