Register Now
The Blackangel

Mario Kart 8 KICKS MAJOR ASS!!!!

I got the game yesterday, because I'm a fairly big fan of the series. I loved it on SNES, N64, and even Wii despite me hating the system. But when I tried the game out last night, I was flat out hooked. This has to be the best one in the whole series. I'm not saying the others were bad, the first one on SNES is a classic that no one could complain about. But this one blew my mind. Obviously, I'm not at a competitive skill level. But with as much as I'm loving the game, that may happen sometime in the future. Highly unlikely, but still. I'm thinking of getting Nintendo online once I know what the hell I'm doing, and challenging a few people. My best friend really wants to take me on. She even said she would definitely win, but I would be able to hold my own against her. I might get @Rain Dew to take me on. But she would have to find her Switch first and get another copy of the game.

Does anyone else love this game, or am I unique in that?

5 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I got the game yesterday, because I'm a fairly big fan of the series. I loved it on SNES, N64, and even Wii despite me hating the system. But when I tried the game out last night, I was flat out hooked. This has to be the best one in the whole series. I'm not saying the others were bad, the first one on SNES is a classic that no one could complain about. But this one blew my mind. Obviously, I'm not at a competitive skill level. But with as much as I'm loving the game, that may happen sometime in the future. Highly unlikely, but still. I'm thinking of getting Nintendo online once I know what the hell I'm doing, and challenging a few people. My best friend really wants to take me on. She even said she would definitely win, but I would be able to hold my own against her. I might get @Rain Dew to take me on. But she would have to find her Switch first and get another copy of the game.

Yeah the new Mario Kart games are pretty decent. I'd say from the DS onward they are pretty top notch in terms of gameplay. And I think Double Dash was the one that introduced us to Mario Kart with co-op/teams. I haven't played most of the Mario Kart games, but most of the news ones I did play, were a blast to play with friends. 

Mario Kart is essentially still good for couch co-op. You can play online sure, but split screen is still a blast. 

Most of, if not all of the Mario Kart games are popular among fans. 8 kinda stands on its own in a way. 

Mario kart : double dash is the last of Mario kart  games I played , the co-op addition to it was a blast and made it one of the best sellers and Even 20 years after it is still a popular request here.

I would get into Mario kart games again maybe with Mario kart 8 deluxe since it's an enhanced version of the Mario kart 8.

2 hours ago, Clasher said:

Mario kart : double dash is the last of Mario kart  games I played , the co-op addition to it was a blast and made it one of the best sellers and Even 20 years after it is still a popular request here.

I would get into Mario kart games again maybe with Mario kart 8 deluxe since it's an enhanced version of the Mario kart 8.

Yeah I think Double Dash is considered as one of the best ever in the series. The inclusion of team gameplay really advanced it a lot, and changed the formula a bit. It was a big hit for Nintendo. 

7 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah I think Double Dash is considered as one of the best ever in the series. The inclusion of team gameplay really advanced it a lot, and changed the formula a bit. It was a big hit for Nintendo. 

That's true.

Welly interest in Mario kart has been triggered by this thread I am considering getting back with Mario kart 8.

Would you suggest I go for Mario kart 8 deluxe instead since you mentioned you've played Mario kart 8.

Mario kart 8 deluxe only came out on switch and includes all dlc (i think), regulair mario kart 8 is wii u only. So you can't really miss between both versions.

I don't know really, mario kart to me has always been more of a franchise about local co op with some friends on the couch and just have some dumb mindless fun together. Single player wise it's good for a few afternoons of fun until you've won every cup and after that you move on to something else. While i like the games nintendo should implement a decent single player story mode to play trough in the next game. Still the memories of mario kart 64 and countless hours split screen together with some friends back in the day are worth treasuring.

I got Mario Kart 8 Deluxe when I first got a Switch and, I was kinda disappointed with it.  The game is perfectly sound in almost every aspect from its visuals, mechanics and design.  The issue I had was that in the Deluxe edition everything is unlocked from the outset, so for single player is kind of a waste.  I could see why they did it, if you already played the Wii U version you probably wouldn't want to go through the grind again, but I wanted to experience the game as it was originally intended.

19 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Go for the deluxe. I didn't realize it when I made this thread, but I have the deluxe. I have no idea the comparison between MK 8 deluxe, and regular MK 8, as I'd never played either one until I got mine the other day.

The Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on Nintendo Switch is my favourite. For as long as I have played it, it never burns me out or get boring along the way. It's among my top 5 best games on Nintendo Switch. 

On 8/5/2022 at 5:54 AM, The Blackangel said:

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for the Switch is hands down the best Mario Kart game ever made and it's followed up by Mario Kart 7 (3DS). Online competitive play is hard though.

On 8/13/2022 at 2:09 AM, ForwardSlashDownPoke said:

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for the Switch is hands down the best Mario Kart game ever made and it's followed up by Mario Kart 7 (3DS). Online competitive play is hard though.

I think this is the affirmation I needed and I would get it to play over the weekend.

It's been a long time since I played any Mario kart game and it feels good to actually play it again and thanks to Blackangel  for this thread.

On 8/13/2022 at 2:09 AM, ForwardSlashDownPoke said:

I play Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on Switch till this very day and I have never grown tired of it. It's one Mario game that's built and designed as good as The Legend of Zelda : Breath of the Wild. 

You know, I have Mario Kart on the Nintendo Switch and as much as I loved the previous games I have not played this one as much as I should have. So many people say it's an amazing game and they love it. I need to just one day sit down and play it when I have the time, feels like a waste to have the game and not play it to be honest. I know I'll end up hooked on it when I play it but that's all part of the fun!