Register Now
harleyqbx

What game broke you of completing all side quests?

For me, it was the Chocobo Trainer Race mini game, which is also part of a side quest to get Tidus' ultimate weapon in FFX. Those stupid birds swoop in from nowhere at all, at random. I hate that mini game. I hate it with every fiber of my being. I got so upset, I almost broke my controller.

FFX-HD-00998-Calm-Lands-Catcher-Chocobo.png.243dc10843fe1eee5216175a809a92d6.png

Edited by harleyqbx

14 minutes ago, harleyqbx said:

For me, it was the Chocobo Trainer Race mini game, which is also part of a side quest to get Tidus' ultimate weapon in FFX. Those stupid birds swoop in from nowhere at all, at random. I hate that mini game. I hate it with every fiber of my being. I got so upset, I almost broke my controller.

FFX-HD-00998-Calm-Lands-Catcher-Chocobo.png.243dc10843fe1eee5216175a809a92d6.png

It's not just the chocobo race, all the mini games that you need to play to get those items to fully unlock the celestial weapons are a nightmare. If they aren't hard to do to the point where it's barely possible, they're cryptic, if the aren't cryptic, there's an insane grind or possibly a combination. They can break even the most patient gamers.

Back in the day, it was probably GTA IV, as I never bothered to kill all the pigeons. I think it was pigeons, it's been so long, I can't remember. But ever since that, I kinda calmed it down on collecting everything. Some other games I did complete 100% by collecting stuff, but I soon lost interest with the repetitiveness of doing that. I think AC: Black Flag was the last time I collected everything, actually scratch that, it was one of the Just Cause games, maybe 3 or 4. 

Another game I quit was Sonic Generations. I so wanted to beat the game, but I got stuck on this rhythm section, and it seems I needed to beat that level to continue. I quit right there and haven't played since lol. 

I loved the side quests in Final Fantasy IX. The Chocobo Treasure Hunting was extremely fun and finding the best weapons for all charaters was very engaging as well. They delivered something very different from the main story without overshadowing it. In Oblivion, the side-quests were actually much better than the main story. The Dark Brotherhood and the Thieves' Guild were much more fun than closing Oblivion gates.

It would have to Just Cause 3 for me. It's a massive open-world sandbox game with crazily insane challenges and impossible side missons to take part it. They can be very frustrating because of hours they are going to take you in searching for collectibles, tombs, shrines and so on. They all burnt me out when I was done. 

Even if some games are easy for me to run down and complete all levels/chapters, I can't still figure out that time to play to the end due to my busy schedule at the moment. 

But the games I've found so hard to progress nor enjoy my time playing are as follows; 

- Dark souls III 

- Cuphead

- Contra IV 

- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

- Ninja Gaiden

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

It would have to Just Cause 3 for me. It's a massive open-world sandbox game with crazily insane challenges and impossible side missons to take part it. They can be very frustrating because of hours they are going to take you in searching for collectibles, tombs, shrines and so on. They all burnt me out when I was done. 

Yeah if I remember correctly, I 100% collected everything in either the 3rd or 4th game. I think it was the third because when I played 4 I was kinda played out on the series. But I could be wrong. The last two games were pretty much the same game anyway. 

16 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah if I remember correctly, I 100% collected everything in either the 3rd or 4th game. I think it was the third because when I played 4 I was kinda played out on the series. But I could be wrong. The last two games were pretty much the same game anyway. 

After what I experienced with playing the 3rd release of the game, when I was done with getting a 100% completion of the game, I knew outrightly immediately that I was done with the franchise. I never cared about what they did in the 4th release. 

You could only imagine how frustrating the  Plane Missions – Grand Theft Auto: Vice City can be.

I think it's an habit of rockstar to incorporate missions that are annoying and frustrating to their games .

In vice city there is the RC plane mission and the controls aren't great for such kind of missions.

3 hours ago, Clasher said:

You could only imagine how frustrating the  Plane Missions – Grand Theft Auto: Vice City can be.

I think it's an habit of rockstar to incorporate missions that are annoying and frustrating to their games .

In vice city there is the RC plane mission and the controls aren't great for such kind of missions.

Oh God, the RC Plane missions in Vice City sucked. Same with the annoying level in San Andreas where you have to plant bombs with the RC Plane. 

I think they fixed these missions in the remastered versions though. Still, they are a pain to do whenever these missions pop up. 

10 hours ago, Clasher said:

The more I pushed myself to get further in the RC plane mission in Vice City, the more I keep being horrible at it. It got to a point where I stopped bothering about it and moved to other missions in the game. 

7 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Oh God, the RC Plane missions in Vice City sucked. Same with the annoying level in San Andreas where you have to plant bombs with the RC Plane. 

I think they fixed these missions in the remastered versions though. Still, they are a pain to do whenever these missions pop up. 

I never bothered about the remastered versions of the game. I was so pissed at it in the original game. 

11 hours ago, Heatman said:

The more I pushed myself to get further in the RC plane mission in Vice City, the more I keep being horrible at it. It got to a point where I stopped bothering about it and moved to other missions in the game. 

Grand theft always has that one Mission that is annoyingly aggravating.

Grand theft auto is among the games that broke me of completing all side quests.

18 hours ago, Kane99 said:

😅 You would be stuck in one spot over and over again and you wouldn't want to move on if you haven't completed that mission.

4 hours ago, Clasher said:

Grand theft always has that one Mission that is annoyingly aggravating.Grand theft auto is among the games that broke me of completing all side quest. 

Even though I'm not a big fan of playing with cheat code, I would even mind using them for that RC Plane missons in GTA Vice City because they have me go through hell in them. I couldn't let it go and I couldn't have it easy either way. 

11 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Even though I'm not a big fan of playing with cheat code, I would even mind using them for that RC Plane missons in GTA Vice City because they have me go through hell in them. I couldn't let it go and I couldn't have it easy either way. 

To be honest, I did use cheat codes for S.A  when I first got into the game on PlayStation 2 and it was because of Missions like this that cheat codes usually came in handy back then.

I didn't use any cheat code for vice city and that's maybe the reason the game broke me of completing all of its side missions.

1 hour ago, Clasher said:

To be honest, I did use cheat codes for S.A  when I first got into the game on PlayStation 2 and it was because of Missions like this that cheat codes usually came in handy back then.

I didn't use any cheat code for vice city and that's maybe the reason the game broke me of completing all of its side missions.

Seriously, no game is ever going to put through that same experience ever again. If it gets to the worst situation, I'd walk away from it and not kill myself getting burnt out from repeating the same thing over and over again. Seriko : Shadow Die Twice almost had me at the same spot but I have had my way with it now.