Register Now
Nebulous

First Date

The best first dates are casual and low pressure, and often activities that you would do and enjoy without the company of others. As a man, I like dynamic and social activities for first dates such as hiking, bowling, arcade games, pottery making, etc. I usually move toward a fancy dinner as the second or third date if I see long-term potential. Really just depends.

I don't know but i'd rather go out for a walk or go to a restaurant together but first i'd like to get to know the person in question a little better if possible online wheter they are something for me or not and share somewhat similair interests you also avoid a lot of potential disappointment not for yourself but also the other person involved. Like i know it's narrowminded of me to say but somebody who smokes or is vegan or has 3 kids already would likely not work very well in my case and i'd probably pass on them as potential dating material.

My pattern is usually hanging out in a restaurant and talk a little bit to get acquainted with each other. If things goes well and we still feel like spending more time together, I'd suggest going to the movies to wrap things up. 

23 hours ago, Heatman said:

My pattern is usually hanging out in a restaurant and talk a little bit to get acquainted with each other. If things goes well and we still feel like spending more time together, I'd suggest going to the movies to wrap things up. 

I love such hanging out too. That's the best way to trap down a first date and have a good conversation and not strolling around the corners of the street, 😂

If it can be called such as we were just friends at the time, my partner and I's first date was us going for a walk around a lake, which I think is a good way of getting to know someone: you can find out what pace they like to move at, what they prioritise (such as the exercise, the sights, or conversation), and you can build up an appetite for dinner later on. Food is a major part of just about any social occassion, so it's another way of finding out what people are like: table manners, tastes, what they like to drink and how they approach the bill (being a gentleman, I would always offer to pay the bill.)

I would tend to avoid more involved activities for first dates because I'd be focussed more on the activity than the person involved. There's the similar problem of going to see a movie: my date and I won't learn much about each other if we're sat in silence for 90 minutes, barring if we like popcorn and fizzy drinks. Either way, I'd also probably be too nervous to fully enjoy myself, trying to divide attention between both delicately without showing nervousness.

13 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

I would tend to avoid more involved activities for first dates because I'd be focussed more on the activity than the person involved. There's the similar problem of going to see a movie: my date and I won't learn much about each other if we're sat in silence for 90 minutes, barring if we like popcorn and fizzy drinks. Either way, I'd also probably be too nervous to fully enjoy myself, trying to divide attention between both delicately without showing nervousness.

This is exactly why I don't go to the movies first. It's what comes in last after our hangout to catch up and know a little more about each other. If you jump into movies, some even last 2 hours or more and when that's done, either of you must have been burnt out. 

A first date should just be simple and only do what you both would genuinely enjoy. And since it's the first date you both are probably still trying to get to know each other more so don't go to a place where you wouldn't be able to have good conversation Maybe because there are several distractions coming from the environment.

On 8/9/2022 at 11:36 AM, Clasher said:

A first date should just be simple and only do what you both would genuinely enjoy. And since it's the first date you both are probably still trying to get to know each other more so don't go to a place where you wouldn't be able to have good conversation Maybe because there are several distractions coming from the environment.

This is how it should be. If you're going on a first date, you must try as much as possible to cut out more distraction and get to know your partner better. It's the best time to pick out red flag and cut off ties sooner than later.