Register Now
Nebulous

Car Accidents

It has occured to me only in the football pitch. I got injuries in my body due to my engagement with football. Alert from the injury scenes I experience playing ball, I never encountered any. I just pray I don't encounter any disastrous injury anytime in my life, I just want to die a peaceful death. 

I've been in one accident. It was not my fault and I suffered a concussion. I made a full recovery but it took some time and various therapies. I am a very cautious driver and fortunately have had good luck on the roads.

Up till date I haven't been in any accident.

I could remember a  really close one but I was saved by an inch, i was crossing the high way (one of those that you usually have to climb up the bridge if you are too scared to cross) I was with a Group of friends and we just usually cross the road without using the bridge. 

we usually did some crazy stunts and cross the road without proper caution, on one of those such days I crossed and didn't look out to see if there is an oncoming vehicle ,glad the driver saw me and stepped on the brakes but it stopped so close to me I would have been hit if he didn't step on the brakes the time he did.

I have been in one but I was a passenger. My big brother was the one that was driving and we were in Albany New York at the time and we were going to NY city and on the highway some idiot in a modified Pontiac crashed right into the back of my brother's infiniti and we got hit off the road. Luckily it didn't overturn but the force of the hit made me hit my right shoulder into the dashboard dislocating it. I had on my seatbelt but I still got flung forward quite a bit.

I escaped a bike accident with my cousin, the rider was trying to avoid fellow bike rider coming from behind, only to run in between a luxurious vehicle. The only luck we had was that, the luxurious vehicle wasn't at the high speed, we could've been crushed and I wouldn't have been typing here anymore 😂

99.9% of my car accidents have involved me backing out. 😬😝 Mostly in my early 20's. I even managed to back into my own Grandpa's car while he was parked in front of our house.

Then there was the BIG one, and no, it wasn't my fault. I was waiting in the center turn lane to make a left and a guy came flying out of a fast food restaurant and hit me head on. Very scary. I remember the moment I knew I was about to get slammed. Dreadful feeling. Air bags hit me hard. I was ok, the other guy was not. I just remember them taking him to the ambulance and his head was bleeding. But he made it. 👍 I was in shock for a few hours, couldn't feel my face. Air bags hurt!

On 8/27/2022 at 11:18 PM, melanie_marie27 said:

99.9% of my car accidents have involved me backing out. 😬😝 Mostly in my early 20's. I even managed to back into my own Grandpa's car while he was parked in front of our house.

Then there was the BIG one, and no, it wasn't my fault. I was waiting in the center turn lane to make a left and a guy came flying out of a fast food restaurant and hit me head on. Very scary. I remember the moment I knew I was about to get slammed. Dreadful feeling. Air bags hit me hard. I was ok, the other guy was not. I just remember them taking him to the ambulance and his head was bleeding. But he made it. 👍 I was in shock for a few hours, couldn't feel my face. Air bags hurt!

How'd your grandma react to this?

On 8/30/2022 at 4:44 PM, killamch89 said:

How'd your grandma react to this?

My Grandma just shook her head.. and my Grandpa, Gramps being the sweet guy he always was, still took me thru Burger King the next day after cheerleading practice. I remember that vividly.

^^ My two favorite people in the whole world.

Most recently I was caught up in an insurance scam. @Rain Dew and I were coming home one afternoon, and this bitch (pedestrian) decided run across the road in front of me just as I came through the intersection. I slammed on my brakes and swerved, and barely missed her. I instantly pulled to the side of the road to catch my breath. Then one of the 5 people she was with came up and told us that she didn't see us. THE BITCH LOOKED DIRECTLY AT US. The argument she and her "friends" (I call them coworkers) were in a massive argument and yelling at her the whole time. They were obviously pissed that the scam didn't work. But I also have a dashcam, so any bullshit they tried to come up with when the cops would have inevitable been revealed with whether it was true or not, because I would have had it all recorded.

Aside from that it's probably been close to 15 years since I've had any kind of accidents.

On 9/14/2022 at 10:14 AM, The Blackangel said:

Most recently I was caught up in an insurance scam. @Rain Dew and I were coming home one afternoon, and this bitch (pedestrian) decided run across the road in front of me just as I came through the intersection. I slammed on my brakes and swerved, and barely missed her. I instantly pulled to the side of the road to catch my breath. Then one of the 5 people she was with came up and told us that she didn't see us. THE BITCH LOOKED DIRECTLY AT US. The argument she and her "friends" (I call them coworkers) were in a massive argument and yelling at her the whole time. They were obviously pissed that the scam didn't work. But I also have a dashcam, so any bullshit they tried to come up with when the cops would have inevitable been revealed with whether it was true or not, because I would have had it all recorded.

Aside from that it's probably been close to 15 years since I've had any kind of accidents.

Glad it didn't work, some bastards out here are too lazy to go and work for what they want. All they want to do is scam, blackmail and rip-off people just to make some money. I also have a dashcam for this very said reason - too many desperate people out here trying to make a quick buck.

On 9/19/2022 at 2:59 PM, Heatman said:

I haven't been a car accident but motorcycle accident. It wasn't my fault at all as the biker just bumped out of no where and hit me real hard. I had a minor concussion with bruises all over my body. It's why I hated motorcycle so much. 

That's sad to hear and yeah, there are some pretty reckless motorcycle riders out here who ride on sidewalks and do all kinds of crazy shit. I love motorcycles but some people should just not be allowed near one. Have you suffered any long-term effects?

15 hours ago, killamch89 said:

That's sad to hear and yeah, there are some pretty reckless motorcycle riders out here who ride on sidewalks and do all kinds of crazy shit. I love motorcycles but some people should just not be allowed near one. Have you suffered any long-term effects?

It was a very crazy experience and I pray never to pass through that again. I recovered very well, although the only side effects I can think of still having is my left ankle, if I walk too much, it would start feeling sore but after a good massage, it will stop. I'm still going to have it looked at. 

I remembered my calf problem I encountered as a result of playing soccer. I know how difficult it was, I suffered two years of calf injury problem, I couldn't last long again during training/match period due to the injury. I am happy that such injury setback is behind me, now I am enjoying my football like never before.