Register Now
StaceyPowers

Character designs that didn’t translate well to a screen?

What are some character designs that worked conceptually, but not visually?

For example, I am replaying Dragon Age: Awakening, and keep thinking that Justice running around translucent looks odd, since his weapon is still solid, and always looks like it is in front of him, not on his back where it really is.

On 8/7/2022 at 3:18 AM, Gonassis said:

@StaceyPowers maybe you could post a screenshot or image, to better show what you mean in general... 😉

but for me, I never really though character designs were bad in the games I have played, although... I might not have played too many games yet. 🤣

Yeah same, I'm having a hard time thinking of characters that didn't look good. 

Or maybe the topic is more geared towards video game characters getting their own movies maybe. Kinda makes sense to me. 

On 8/8/2022 at 10:24 PM, Kane99 said:

Yeah same, I'm having a hard time thinking of characters that didn't look good. 

Or maybe the topic is more geared towards video game characters getting their own movies maybe. Kinda makes sense to me. 

I feel it is something related to video game character design that looked so good when it was revealed but in the actual video game it wasn't looking so good after all.

I would say The spider Man Miles Morales outfit looks so go on the back of the video game package but it was that good looking in the actual game.

images - 2022-12-01T220753.360.jpeg

On 12/2/2022 at 12:49 PM, Empire said:

Most of the characters from Terra Formars. Didn't expect to take bugs, crustaceans and other small critters to make really cool superhuman abilities. Eventually lost interest in the story though.

I haven't heard about the video game though but the thread was about video game characters that didn't really look as cool as they were on posters when guy view them on your  screen during Game play.