Register Now
StaceyPowers

Who do you miss from gaming online?

Are there people you miss from your gaming past? Who do you miss?

I still miss an admin in a MUD I played who died 14 years go. I also often wonder what happened to a girl I knew in a related game when I was a few years younger, who disappeared after she was harassed. I’m not sure I miss anyone else—maybe more the times we had than the players themselves.

I miss gaming with my high school friends. We used to play cod a lot back in the day. Sadly they don't play that much anymore. There was also some people I met playing online, but most of them I no longer game with. Now days I mostly game with my work friends. 

Missed the good old days gaming and Roleplaying with people in the years of 2012 till 2014 or 2015 ;( but people have life to deal with and it has to be stopped. Went dead as soon as GTA5 was out. Worse part that I do not speak to them much anymore even that we still see each other online 😛 

What's funny is that one of my high school friends came over the other day and then another contacted me on Facebook about gaming with him again. So weird how that all turned out, especially seeing and responding to this topic. 

But yeah, it's nice to get back in touch with friends. I might have to get back into gaming with them soon. 🙂

One of my favorite guys in Top Eleven Football Manager Apolo Rock seems to have dropped off in the game. 

He's the best trainer that I've ever seen in the past 5 years in the game. I'm really sad that he's no longer playing. I have tried reaching out to him on his YouTube channel but no response. 

One other thing I realized I do kinda miss, is the lobbies with unruly people throwing around trash talk. For example, The Act Man made a new video recently about the golden age of trash talk, and honestly I kinda wish it was still like this. Yeah it resulted in offensive stuff being said, but damn I do kinda miss lobbies that were kinda chaotic like this. I of course wouldn't join in on the trashtalk, but I'd gladly listen in on it. 

On 8/8/2022 at 10:26 PM, Kane99 said:

What's funny is that one of my high school friends came over the other day and then another contacted me on Facebook about gaming with him again. So weird how that all turned out, especially seeing and responding to this topic. 

But yeah, it's nice to get back in touch with friends. I might have to get back into gaming with them soon. 🙂

It's always very nice when such happens because it's going to bring back all the old memories you guys had when growing up together. I had lots of friends whom we all played FIFA games when EA was reasonable with the franchise. I'm sure some of them might still be playing but I have given up on the game. 

EA FIFA games connects people together, since it features two players contests. I had friends playing online FIFA game, but most of them turned toxic, and I couldn't take the frosty communication online, just have to cut it off. I miss the way I challenged the very best in FIFA 2020 online game, and took a deserved victory that boosted my confidence, that I'm gaining experience in the game. I don't play much of FIFA again, since I'm more indebted to racing games. 

On 8/15/2022 at 3:51 PM, Kane99 said:

One other thing I realized I do kinda miss, is the lobbies with unruly people throwing around trash talk. For example, The Act Man made a new video recently about the golden age of trash talk, and honestly I kinda wish it was still like this. Yeah it resulted in offensive stuff being said, but damn I do kinda miss lobbies that were kinda chaotic like this. I of course wouldn't join in on the trashtalk, but I'd gladly listen in on it. 

Black Ops online on the Xbox 360 - The good ol' days and I mean just about every and anything was said but nobody took it seriously unlike now, everyone is such a snowflake. You can't even call somebody a wimp without being accused of bullying. I got temporarily banned from Fortnite for calling my teammate a wimp which he was because instead of helping us, he kept barricading himself behind dozens of walls.

Yes, I do miss friends that I met through gaming. Back in 2018 I met a group of people on Saints Row, and we moved onto Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for the longest time where we met so many other friends who I often now sit and wonder where they are or if they even still game. It's crazy how one minute you can be gaming and having fun and then suddenly they no longer come online, and you wonder where they may be. It's true what they say, online friends can be some of the best friends you ever had, it's just a shame when you lose contact. Will always have the fun memories though, they can never go anywhere.

9 hours ago, Shortie said:

Yes, I do miss friends that I met through gaming. Back in 2018 I met a group of people on Saints Row, and we moved onto Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for the longest time where we met so many other friends who I often now sit and wonder where they are or if they even still game. It's crazy how one minute you can be gaming and having fun and then suddenly they no longer come online, and you wonder where they may be. It's true what they say, online friends can be some of the best friends you ever had, it's just a shame when you lose contact. Will always have the fun memories though, they can never go anywhere.

I haven't built any relationship with people I play online Games with I am not really consistent but when I have time to play online multiplayer games I just get on the game and play without bothering much about other players.