Register Now
Justin11

Messi and Neymar duo will bring something new to PSG this season

If you've been following PSG lately, you'll notice a resurgence in the form of Messi and Ney. Both of them have been instrumental in the last two matches PSG played. First was against Nantes in the 'Trophe Des Champions cup which PSG won 4-0, and both contributed to the scoreline. Most recently, Leo Messi produced a masterpiece of performance as his two goals and one assist, in which one of his goals came from a bicycle kick, savaged PSG to victory against Clermont FC. Neymar Jr in the other hand, scored one and contributed three assists to his teammates. 

If both continues on this path, things will work out fine for the team, definitely it will take PSG to another level and bringing the UCL for the first time in the club's history. And both will end up scoring 30+ goals apiece. 

That's true.

It's just the start of the season and many players tend to do well but as we proceed further their performance would drop.

I just hope this new shine last longer for him and atleast he get to clinch the champions league title with PSG.

Neymar Jr started very well during the 2015/2016 season while at Barcelona, infact it was very impressive better than this current stat. He scored four goals in a single match around match day two in the season, just two matches back then, he had six goals and as many assists. But later in the season his form dipped and expectations came down and it didn't end as a fantastic season for Ney. The only season never started very well and ended very well was 2014/2015 when Barcelona won the treble and Neymar Jr ended the season with 39 goals, and finished third in balloon d'or voting box.  

On 8/26/2022 at 1:56 AM, killamch89 said:

Neymar and Messi will do fine if Mbappe can control his ego. I heard that he has a say in all the important decisions at PSG and was one of the many reasons they fired Pochettino. It's been said by multiple ex managers that the players run the club.

That's true, I've heard so much of what you've said dude about Mbappe and PSG. It looks thou he's co owner of the club with the president, hos decision is taken seriously by the board members. He might wake up one day and tell the club to dish out on Ney if Neymar proves too stubborn, 😂. I just hope his ego doesn't escalate that much to disrupting the dressing room. If they maintain good chemistry, PSG will definitely flourish this season better than last season. 

On 8/27/2022 at 4:11 AM, Justin11 said:

That's true, I've heard so much of what you've said dude about Mbappe and PSG. It looks thou he's co owner of the club with the president, hos decision is taken seriously by the board members. He might wake up one day and tell the club to dish out on Ney if Neymar proves too stubborn, 😂. I just hope his ego doesn't escalate that much to disrupting the dressing room. If they maintain good chemistry, PSG will definitely flourish this season better than last season. 

If I'm not mistaken, Mbappe holds some Royal position in Qatar because Qatar owns PSG. Why would they even do that?

On 8/30/2022 at 9:21 PM, killamch89 said:

If I'm not mistaken, Mbappe holds some Royal position in Qatar because Qatar owns PSG. Why would they even do that?

😆, They can offer him whatever, but I'll say, if PSG fails to deliver this season, Mbappe will not have it all at his own will just as he's having full control at PSG hierarchy. 

On 9/7/2022 at 5:54 AM, Justin11 said:

😆, They can offer him whatever, but I'll say, if PSG fails to deliver this season, Mbappe will not have it all at his own will just as he's having full control at PSG hierarchy. 

PSG has to be the weirdest club I know - how can the players determine the next manager?

29 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

PSG has to be the weirdest club I know - how can the players determine the next manager?

Lol, you've seen the case scenario, it's weird indeed. At this point in time, if Mbappe continue to be selfish, PSG team will find it so hard to cooperate to something magnificent this season. If you watch well, Neymar Jr - L. Messi duo isn't functional, since Mbappe is always on the starting sheet and being selfish with the ball. 

On 9/13/2022 at 3:51 PM, Justin11 said:

Lol, you've seen the case scenario, it's weird indeed. At this point in time, if Mbappe continue to be selfish, PSG team will find it so hard to cooperate to something magnificent this season. If you watch well, Neymar Jr - L. Messi duo isn't functional, since Mbappe is always on the starting sheet and being selfish with the ball. 

I do notice he does tend to ruin quite a bit of the attacks with his poor decisions at times. In addition to that, Mbappe throwing a tantrum when the ball isn't passed to him quickly enough doesn't do him any favors either.

15 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I do notice he does tend to ruin quite a bit of the attacks with his poor decisions at times. In addition to that, Mbappe throwing a tantrum when the ball isn't passed to him quickly enough doesn't do him any favors either.

He wants the ball all the time, their is no way he can have such, he just want to ruin his game if he continues on that fashion. He doesn't even create much of a goal scoring opportunities to his fellow forwards. If not for the one he created in the UCL for Messi, I never seen any other assistance from Mbappe to his teammates to score. 

On 9/23/2022 at 3:56 AM, Justin11 said:

He wants the ball all the time, their is no way he can have such, he just want to ruin his game if he continues on that fashion. He doesn't even create much of a goal scoring opportunities to his fellow forwards. If not for the one he created in the UCL for Messi, I never seen any other assistance from Mbappe to his teammates to score. 

Compared to Halaand, his ego is through the roof but it shouldn't be a surprise because some of the French players have extremely huge egos even when they aren't even that good.

On 9/29/2022 at 5:46 AM, killamch89 said:

Compared to Halaand, his ego is through the roof but it shouldn't be a surprise because some of the French players have extremely huge egos even when they aren't even that good.

I recently heard that, Mbappe plotted for Neymar's sale early in the season, but such deal couldn't come through. Mbappe is the main protagonist in that PSG side, he just want all the attention while his teammates live in the shadows.