Register Now
Kane99

What are your favourite gaming memories from the past?

I used to wake up early when I was a kid to play most games, that was usually during my weekends or during the summer. I like to sleep in most days though, so I ain't waking up anytime earlier to game than I usually do. 

12 hours ago, Heatman said:

It's my brother!! I have never seen that guy play any video game during the day even if he's free and not doing anything. Even the normal kill time with playing on smartphone when one is bored, it's not for him. But once it's 11pm upwards, he's locked in till 3am. 

Maybe that's just the best time for him. I like gaming at night because I'm free from distractions, and can relax while gaming. No one tells me to go to bed, or tells me I need to take a break. It's the best. And, it's as if you're like the only person up at that time. It's quite comforting in some ways. 

16 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Maybe that's just the best time for him. I like gaming at night because I'm free from distractions, and can relax while gaming. No one tells me to go to bed, or tells me I need to take a break. It's the best. And, it's as if you're like the only person up at that time. It's quite comforting in some ways. 

It's definitely the best time for him otherwise I would have seen him play at other different times of the day. He doesn't get bothered seeing me play during the day and he wouldn't come near the console to talk more of being tempted to play a little. It's just like he's not seeing the game during the day. 

16 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Distraction is one of the most important thing that made me jump to playing video games only on the night nowadays. During the day time, I just have to earn and not playing games in order to clear my debts of living. 

That's part of my reasons now, though I have always enjoyed gaming and night but now I just have more time to play at night since I have numerous tasks to be completed during the day.

16 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Distraction is one of the most important thing that made me jump to playing video games only on the night nowadays. During the day time, I just have to earn and not playing games in order to clear my debts of living. 

I can remember the good old days when we were still kids with no real responsibilities to take care of. We play games like our lives depends on it. I used to have a gaming crew back then that we all played together and we were never starting until we all come together. But now, that's not the case because adulthood came calling and we all answered. So, gaming now equals mostly at night. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

I can remember the good old days when we were still kids with no real responsibilities to take care of. We play games like our lives depends on it. I used to have a gaming crew back then that we all played together and we were never starting until we all come together. But now, that's not the case because adulthood came calling and we all answered. So, gaming now equals mostly at night. 

Haha yes, staying up super late as a kid and playing your favorite games. Or having a friend over as well. Whenever I had a friend sleep over, I'd always try to get them to do an all-nighter with me, and game all night. They usually never go through with it, as they always end up falling asleep. 

And I agree. Once you become an adult and have responsibilities, those days are usually gone. I still game at night, but I haven't gamed during the day in a long time. Most of my friends now only game during the day, and I just have no energy for gaming during the day as I have other things to do. Yay! Being an adult!!! 😄 

Edited by Kane99

Just now, Kane99 said:

Haha yes, staying up super late as a kid and playing your favorite games. Or having a friend over as well. Whenever I had a friend sleep over, I'd always try to get them to do an all-nighter with me, and game all night. They usually never go through with it, as they always end up falling asleep. 

And I agree. Once you become an adult and have responsibilities, those days are usually gone. I still game at night, but I haven't gamed during the day in a long time. Most of my friends now only game during the day, and I just have no energy for gaming during the day as I have other things to do. Yay! Being an adult!!! 😄 

Exactly!! You can still play at night like you used to as a kid but it's not going to be on the same level of duration that you used to play at the time. When you know that you have so much waiting for you to do in the morning, you will have no choice but to wrap it up early and hit your bed unless of course you're having a serious problem with sleeping, then it's something that you can't help. 

I created this thread because another thread here was turning out into a glorified  chit chat thread. Still the conversation deserves a change to keep going but not there as it's going way off topic and that thread has run it's course.

So i'll be moving said conversation here for it to continue as it's an interesting topic i'd like to participate in aswell, always nice to remanence about the good old days.

So @Kane99, @Heatman @Clasher and @Justin11 feel free to continue said conversation here

and for anybody else feel free to chimp in with your favourite gaming memories when you were younger. 

I think getting half way through the first boss fight of Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer was one of my earliest positive memories of games. Not even beating the boss, just getting close to it made me so giddy that I had to rush and find my dad and let him know. He was on the toilet, and the door was locked (thank God for small mercies for the both of us, right?) so he was a bit too occupied to congratulate me, but still, I was an autistic child with zero sense of boundaries and was playing the best video game ever made. Who wouldn't do that?

Hmm, favorite gaming memories. Honestly for me, it was playing video games on the NES with my mom and sister when I was a kid. I still think of it from time to time. None of them game anymore. I'm the only one who does, but now I think I took that role up for my nephew, who is now into video games. I like to think I was the one who got him into video games, especially the ones he enjoys, like Half Life and Portal. He never shuts up about those games haha. 

1 hour ago, Yaramaki said:

I created this thread because another thread here was turning out into a glorified  chit chat thread. Still the conversation deserves a change to keep going but not there as it's going way off topic and that thread has run it's course.

So i'll be moving said conversation here for it to continue as it's an interesting topic i'd like to participate in aswell, always nice to remanence about the good old days.

So @Kane99, @Heatman @Clasher and @Justin11 feel free to continue said conversation here

and for anybody else feel free to chimp in with your favourite gaming memories when you were younger. 

No worries, sounds good. 🙂 

Though i didn't mention this earlier but some of my best gaming memories was during the era of game boy and Gameboy pocket version.

Where I am from not everyy could afford this console either your parents are rich or you had a wealthy relative that likes to gift you things.

When this console was sent to me by my relatives living abroad I was like the star kid then and everyone wanted to be friends with me just so they could have a feel of it.

Those memories are just things I remember and have a good laugh over.

6 hours ago, Heatman said:

That's pleasant to hear Heatman, you've reminded me of my good old days as a kid. Me and my peers will go on with Konami cup competition, with our respective customized team with star studded players looking for the champion of the day. We do put monetary reward to it to encourage good play. I ended winning such tournament once in about 15 attempts. I couldn't forget how happy I was to lift my only Konami cup, cos I was the least expected to win it back then.  

Edited by Justin11

4 hours ago, Clasher said:

Though i didn't mention this earlier but some of my best gaming memories was during the era of game boy and Gameboy pocket version.

Where I am from not everyy could afford this console either your parents are rich or you had a wealthy relative that likes to gift you things.

When this console was sent to me by my relatives living abroad I was like the star kid then and everyone wanted to be friends with me just so they could have a feel of it.

Those memories are just things I remember and have a good laugh over.

I remember having a GBA for a while. I borrowed a friends copy of a DBZ game. I believe it was based on Goku, but I am having a hard time remembering the title. I think it was like Goku's Story or something. I know Goku was in the title, because it was heavily about him. It was in the style of Legend of Zelda and you could talk to people, fight people and so on. I never got too far in it though. 

Oh, it just came to me, the game was called The Legacy of Goku. Surprised this game doesn't get talked about more often, it was pretty fun from what I remember. I remember fond memories of playing that on a trip down to see my Grandma years ago. So it's got some nostalgia for me there. 

5 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

I think getting half way through the first boss fight of Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer was one of my earliest positive memories of games. Not even beating the boss, just getting close to it made me so giddy that I had to rush and find my dad and let him know. He was on the toilet, and the door was locked (thank God for small mercies for the both of us, right?) so he was a bit too occupied to congratulate me, but still, I was an autistic child with zero sense of boundaries and was playing the best video game ever made. Who wouldn't do that?

I played a bit of the first Spyro, but never the second one. I actually remember playing the first game with my first nephew back when we were kids. I never owned Spyro games growing up, so playing it then was a fun time. Sadly we didn't get to play it too long before they wanted to play something else, but I remember it fondly. 🙂

I can't ever forget how elated I was when I was able to beat complete The Punisher on SEGA in a single player back then as a kid. It was as difficult as hell playing it with 2 players, you can imagine how tough it was going to be for a single player. I saw hell playing that game. It was one of my favorite games on SEGA. 

Back in 2004 I still remember the first time I booted up City Of Heroes. That music started up and I immediately felt like a badass, creating my superhero. Spent an hour designing Gun Gal, and I was giddy when I got the Buckshot power. Those Skuls never stood a chance.