Register Now
Kane99

Think we'll ever see a Red Dead Revolver remake?

Do you guys think there is a chance that Rockstar could do a Red Dead Revolver remake/remaster? I hope for a remake, because I imagine the controls have aged pretty badly these days. I've never played the original game to start it all though, and I have always wanted to. I thought I heard a while back that Rockstar wanted to remake some of their older titles, and or remaster. I know GTA IV was talked about and even a RDR1 remaster/remake. But I swear I heard talks of a remaster/remake for Red Dead Revolver. 

I would welcome a remake to be honest, same with GTA IV and RDR1, but right now I think Revolver deserves it more considering it's been so long now. I imagine with GTA IV and RDR1 they'd just remaster those anyway. But I'd love for remakes to be made for all of them. 

Given that Rockstar doesn't seem keen on the world remembering that Red Dead Revolver even existed, I'd say no. Think about it, why else would they name the third game in the series Red Dead Redemption 2? Maybe @The Blackangel or somebody else who has played RDR2 more extensively can help me out with this, but it seems to me that if Rockstar wanted to acknowledge and honour Red Dead Revolver, they would have named the third game "Red Dead Revelation" or whatever word fits with the theme and the story, but no. They named it Red Dead Redemption 2, like they were trying to brush the first game under the carpet and pretend it was never there. I know Read Dead Revolver was more obscure and didn't sell nearly as well as the sequel, but I hardly think that meant it deserved to ignored. To few people even know about Red Dead Revolver that they can't announce a remake or remaster without confusing everyone and exposing the poor choice they made with naming Red Dead Redemption 2, so this will never happen.

Edited by Shagger

36 minutes ago, Shagger said:

Given that Rockstar doesn't seem keen on the world remembering that Red Dead Revolver even existed, I'd say no. Think about it, why else would they name the third game in the series Red Dead Redemption 2? Maybe @The Blackangel or somebody else who has played RDR2 more extensively can help me out with this, but it seems to me that if Rockstar wanted to acknowledge and honour Red Dead Revolver, they would have named the third game "Red Dead Revelation" or whatever word fits with the theme and the story, but no. They named it Red Dead Redemption 2, like they were trying to brush the first game under the carpet and pretend it was never there. I know Read Dead Revolver was more obscure and didn't sell nearly as well as the sequel, but I hardly think that meant it deserved to ignored. To few people even know about Red Dead Revolver that they can't announce a remake or remaster without confusing everyone and exposing the poor choice they made with naming Red Dead Redemption 2, so this will never happen.

Yeah true. When I heard about Red Dead Redemption 1, I thought it was a direct sequel to revolver. I also thought the sequel to RDR1 was going to be similar to what you said, but I thought it'd be like Red Dead Revenge or Red Dead Retaliation or something. 

The only tie in to Revolver that I know of, was in RDR1 online, where you could open a few of the characters from Revolver, I think Harlowe was one of them, and a few others. I never opened any of them though because I think it 

I doubt it will happen, but I think it'd be interesting to see happen. One big thing that says no to me, is probably the fact that Revolver is a completely different game in terms of gameplay and story, so in order for them to do a remake, they would probably have to rebuild it to how RDR1 and 2 are so that fans can easily get into it. 

It's so unlikely at the moment, but I think Rockstar has always been a game company full of surprises just as we ain't expecting a the last of us part 3 from naughty dog studio anytime soon.

But stuffs like this ain't predictable but the we could only watch out and see the outcome.

On 8/11/2022 at 2:19 PM, Shagger said:

It won't happen, unless they lease the franchise out to another company. But if for some dumbass reason they DO lease it, all we're going to get is another Link: The Faces of Evil and Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon. Complete shit that doesn't even resemble the game that it's supposed to be a sequel to. They were able to make RDR2, because people wanted to know what the relation between John was to Bill, Javier, and Dutch. People were confused as to how they knew each other so well. So a prequel was made to explain all the unanswered questions. But with Red Dead Revolver, they don't see it as a game in the same franchise anymore. It's considered a stand alone and not related to RDR in any way in their eyes. It's just another western game, that didn't do as well as they had hoped. Not to mention that the vast majority of their focus in geared towards the GTA franchise and GTA Online. GTA is their biggest cash cow, so Rockstar is devoting almost all of their time to it. The only thing they can even do at this point with the Red Dead Revolver/Redemption franchise is either a sequel playing as Jack, or another prequel where it was just Arthur, Dutch, and Hosea, which would then show and explain how the gang came to be.

Rockstar doesn't really want it to be known that Revolver is in the same world as Redemption.

I didn't play red dead revolver but I have read a lot about it and seen quite a good number of gameplay videos though the game didn't sell as much as red dead redemption 2 or 1 I think it is sad that rockstar is just abandoning the game and making it look like a stand alone game when they could have cashed into the success of RDR2 and do a remake of red dead revolver to show exactly how the whole story began and what led to all the fight in the gang and subsequently the inevitable death of authur.

I’ve never played RDRevolver but from what I know of it, the original game is probably the dramatic retelling of what really happened. A remake, with RDR2s mechanics, but the map is as it would be a few decades before RDR2. We get to see Limpany burn, Tumbleweed at its peak, Blackwater as a small town, the founding of Valentine, and many other things.

The esthetic and feel of red dead revolver is much different from Red Dead Redemption. From what I heard it's a lot more campy and not as realistic. I believe it's also influenced somewhat by Japanese culture, but don't quote me on that as I'm probably wrong. 

On 8/11/2022 at 10:19 AM, Kane99 said:

Do you guys think there is a chance that Rockstar could do a Red Dead Revolver remake/remaster? I hope for a remake, because I imagine the controls have aged pretty badly these days. I've never played the original game to start it all though, and I have always wanted to. I thought I heard a while back that Rockstar wanted to remake some of their older titles, and or remaster. I know GTA IV was talked about and even a RDR1 remaster/remake. But I swear I heard talks of a remaster/remake for Red Dead Revolver. 

I would welcome a remake to be honest, same with GTA IV and RDR1, but right now I think Revolver deserves it more considering it's been so long now. I imagine with GTA IV and RDR1 they'd just remaster those anyway. But I'd love for remakes to be made for all of them. 

Yes; the game would be eligible for both a remake or a remaster, but high definition remasters are usually reserved for games that sold relatively well and Revolver was in the Playstation 2 era where it was hard to break out because there was a vast library of titles.

I don't know what other games Rockstar does besides GTA and Red Dead, so it could very well be next on their list. Companies these days aren't really going with an HD remaster for lesser known very old titles like this one, though, so with the outrageous and unpredictable success of its successor -- I can see them making a sequel to Red Dead Redemption and throwing out an easy remake of the original game.

11 hours ago, ForwardSlashDownPoke said:

Yes; the game would be eligible for both a remake or a remaster, but high definition remasters are usually reserved for games that sold relatively well and Revolver was in the Playstation 2 era where it was hard to break out because there was a vast library of titles.

I don't know what other games Rockstar does besides GTA and Red Dead, so it could very well be next on their list. Companies these days aren't really going with an HD remaster for lesser known very old titles like this one, though, so with the outrageous and unpredictable success of its successor -- I can see them making a sequel to Red Dead Redemption and throwing out an easy remake of the original game.

It would be nice, because I've never played revolver before. I think a remake would be better, as the controls might be dated, so not sure how a remaster would work. 

They also did the Midnight Club racing games. Those could be cool to remaster or finally get a sequel. I know they remastered L.A. Noire as well. 

My guess if they remaster anything next, it'll either be GTA IV, or red dead redemption. But I would still love to try a remake of Revolver. 

13 hours ago, ForwardSlashDownPoke said:

I don't know what other games Rockstar does besides GTA and Red Dead

They do several. Here's a list of some of their more prominent titles.

LA Noire
Bully
Max Payne
Manhunt
The Warriors
Midnight Club
Smugglers Run
Wild Metal

Just a note, they do a ton of racing titles.

Edited by The Blackangel

I even almost forgot about the existence of the game Red Dead Revolver. I believe it's going to obvious thing as well for Rockstar to forget about the game because even the one's that are supposed to support fully, they are not doing it. Getting a remake on Red Dead Revolver is not going to happen. 

On 8/21/2022 at 8:27 AM, Kane99 said:

It would be nice, because I've never played revolver before. I think a remake would be better, as the controls might be dated, so not sure how a remaster would work. 

They also did the Midnight Club racing games. Those could be cool to remaster or finally get a sequel. I know they remastered L.A. Noire as well. 

My guess if they remaster anything next, it'll either be GTA IV, or red dead redemption. But I would still love to try a remake of Revolver. 

Older games are relatively easy to get at a cheap price, so you can always just get the original. I forget how the controls work although I got deep into the games. The Midnight Club racing games you mentioned I never liked at all.