Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do you find VR more immersive, or less immersive?

For you, is virtual reality more immersive than gaming without it, or less immersive (i.e. by being distracting)? Or does it depend on what game you are playing or other factors that are impacting your experience?

(sorry, this was supposed to go under "VR" - posted in wrong area)

Edited by StaceyPowers

I haven't played VR games just yet, but I would have to assume that it's a lot more immersive due to the fact that you can move around some of these worlds with your own body, move your hands, fingers and other things as well. I think it becomes more immersive when you make it feel more realistic. When you have a controller in hand and are sitting in front of a screen, it doesn't feel real. But I imagine in some regards with VR games, it's a lot more immersive because it puts you into the game. idk, that's how I feel anyway. 

It would depend on the Individuals, some might like to have a one time experience maybe playing with a VR headset once a week or Maybe more while others could get really immersed in it and wouldn't want to have a day without it.

On 8/14/2022 at 4:23 AM, Clasher said:

It would depend on the Individuals, some might like to have a one time experience maybe playing with a VR headset once a week or Maybe more while others could get really immersed in it and wouldn't want to have a day without it.

Exactly. I've heard stories about how people enjoyed VR, but eventually got bored or gave up with it because it gave them headaches or eye strain. I know some people who get really immersed in the VR games they play, while others enjoy it, but wouldn't say it's immersive enough. 

One thing that comes to mind with VR, is mobility. You can move around some, but there's limited space with VR, if you live in a small place, you won't be able to take full advantage of VR and I think that could potentially ruin immersion to some extent. 

15 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Exactly. I've heard stories about how people enjoyed VR, but eventually got bored or gave up with it because it gave them headaches or eye strain. I know some people who get really immersed in the VR games they play, while others enjoy it, but wouldn't say it's immersive enough. 

One thing that comes to mind with VR, is mobility. You can move around some, but there's limited space with VR, if you live in a small place, you won't be able to take full advantage of VR and I think that could potentially ruin immersion to some extnt. 

I saw a really cool video of someone playing a game which involved swimming on VR and they had something like a Simulator attached to his waist that enabled him to make swimming motions while playing the game.

It was really cool and I think VR can also be used to learn some skill as well and swimming is one of them.

VR is definitely more immersive and it'll probably get more realistic with the ever increasing advancement in technology. Trying out one for myself really changed my whole perspective on how amazing it is. Mind you, it has its issues but it's definitely more immersive.

As of yet, I have not played any VR games but I am looking to getting my kids one to share for Christmas so will get the chance to try it out when they get it as their gift.

I would think that VR is definitely more immersive than gaming without VR. 

It depends on the games. I think for the most part, VR games are less immersive. This is because VR tech. isn't advanced enough to give you a serious gaming experience. The Batman Arkham VR game feels like you're playing a regular detective game. You don't really get to fight like the Batman. It feels more like an art gallery. Same with Assassins' Creed VR. Feels like an average hack-and-slash game. If you're looking for casual mobile quality-like games to pass the time, VR is ok for you. If you want more on my thoughts, visit my article (Link Removed by Moderator)

Edited by Shagger