Register Now
StaceyPowers

Which PlayStation model is your favorite?

2 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

Which model of PlayStation is your favorite and why?

Favorite in terms of looks and design? Or favorite in terms of the available games, and abilities? 

If it's the former, then I'd say the PS1 has the more fun design imo. It may be nostalgia clouding my pick, but I never thought the PS2, PS3 or even the PS4 & 5 looked that great. The PS1 just has that fun old style feel that I like. 

Now if we're picking my favorite in regards to the console's games, it would probably be PS2 for me. I remember playing it the most out of all of my consoles. 

If you're asking about cosmetically, the PS2 is my favorite. If you're talking about the more technical side, I would probably have to give that one to the PS3. It has its own roster of great games, but it being backwards compatible with PS1 games is the icing on the cake for me.

Earlier on it would have been the Xbox 360 but since Microsoft has seized adding upgrades to this console the PlayStation 2 still has most of it's initial vibes I got from it and all games made in it era has been blockbusters and starts of a lot interesting series we have come to enjoy even now.

Edited by Clasher

On 8/14/2022 at 5:17 AM, Clasher said:

Earlier on it would have been the Xbox 360 but since Microsoft has seized adding upgrades to this console the PlayStation 2 still has most of it's initial vibes I got from it and all games made in it era has been blockbusters and starts of a lot interesting series we have come to enjoy even now.

The newer 360s had a much better design imo. The original Xbox 360 design wasn't really my thing. On top of that, it was a hefty console at the time of release. The PS3 though was also a hefty boy too. I didn't like the Spider-man font they used with the original PS3 releases. I did like the newer PS3 logo when the newer PS3 came out. 

16 hours ago, Kane99 said:

The newer 360s had a much better design imo. The original Xbox 360 design wasn't really my thing. On top of that, it was a hefty console at the time of release. The PS3 though was also a hefty boy too. I didn't like the Spider-man font they used with the original PS3 releases. I did like the newer PS3 logo when the newer PS3 came out. 

I liked the Xbox 360 because of the games that were on them and not the design though and that's reason why the PlayStation 2 is my favorite console till date.

I didn't use the PlayStation 3 but went straight for the PlayStation 4 instead and Xbox series X.

In terms of design, I'd say the PS4 since it just would blend into other things compared to the PS3 which had a handful of the different design per iteration. 

In terms of capabilities, PS3 since you could (on the first-gen model) play PS2/PS1 games, and it just had a bunch of other things you could do (boot Linux on it, PlayStation Home was seriously fun if you didn't have a chance to play it), and more. 

9 hours ago, Clasher said:

I liked the Xbox 360 because of the games that were on them and not the design though and that's reason why the PlayStation 2 is my favorite console till date.

I didn't use the PlayStation 3 but went straight for the PlayStation 4 instead and Xbox series X.

The PS2 is great, but I always felt the bulky, sharp box look, didn't work so well for it. If anything I think the slim model looks better. But I still have fond memories of the PS2 so it will still be on my top 5/top 10 etc. 

7 hours ago, Kane99 said:

The PS2 is great, but I always felt the bulky, sharp box look, didn't work so well for it. If anything I think the slim model looks better. But I still have fond memories of the PS2 so it will still be on my top 5/top 10 etc. 

Okay.

There is actually the ps2 slim that even has a more sleeker look than other consoles.

And it's still by far my favorite gaming console till date.

For many years I played PS2, I first came to know it around 2007. From 2007 down to 2013 I was playing PS2 not upgrading console, only upgraded to PS3 in 2014. PS2 slim is my favourite based on duration of use, but when it comes to quality of gaming I'll prefer my current console (PS4) for the list of gaming device I've played with. 

I haven't own all the playstation consoles, Ps2. I spent many hours of my childhood on that thing. Best library growing up, DVD player, my friends had it so we could trade games, kept me occupied during crap weather when I couldn’t go outside and skateboard. I still have mine.

I feel in love with the Playstation 2 as that is the first console that I bought with my money. One can argue also that it is one of the top selling consoles even till date. However, if we place it side by side with the Playstation 3 in terms of technicalities, I will go for Playstation 3.

On 9/7/2022 at 9:43 AM, Ajibusu said:

I feel in love with the Playstation 2 as that is the first console that I bought with my money. One can argue also that it is one of the top selling consoles even till date. However, if we place it side by side with the Playstation 3 in terms of technicalities, I will go for Playstation 3.

I both the PS2 two times, same with PS3, and I didn't regret the money I spent on each of them. The favourite back then in my childhood is 'PS2, my friends enjoyed playing football games with me, and the excitement I got from the game on PS2 was beyond compare.