Register Now
Kane99

The Worst Gaming franchises out of these games?

The Worst Gaming franchises out of these games?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. The Worst Gaming franchise out of these two

• Madden NFL
    • NBA 2K
    • FIFA
    • Other

For me, I don't mind playing a sports game every once in a while. From Madden to NBA, but that's really about it. I more focus on Madden since I'm into football, but I only play because it's the only football game on the market. I have gone back to play ESPN NFL 2K5, because it's hands down my favorite sports game. And honestly it blows Madden out of the water in presentation, animations, and overall gameplay, at least in my opinion. When a game that is nearly 20 years old, it is surprisingly ahead of its time. 

With that being said though, what would you say are the worst gaming franchises out of these options? Madden, NBA 2K, FIFA and I put other as an option as well. 

For me, Madden is still the worst, since it hasn't changed enough to warrant the yearly releases, at least for me. What is your choice though? 

Lol just realized I mentioned two games and listed 3. Oh well. But yeah I should have said sports franchises. 

On 8/12/2022 at 11:48 AM, Clasher said:

Going for Madden because I ain't so much of a football fan. I play FIFA a lot and I think it's a pretty decent represention of what the game is in reality so is the NBA 2K.

Yeah Madden has gone to shit. What was once a competant series in terms of football games, but now it's a shell of it's former self. 

12 hours ago, Heatman said:

What's there left to talk about EA FIFA Games? It's the same crap they have been selling to gamers for years over and over again!!! 

FIFA Games should have been retired by now with the way I feel. 

Most of EA's sports games should be retired, or take a while off. I can't judge the FIFA series, but I know they too haven't changed much like Madden. I don't know about NBA Live, if they even still make that game, but I know NBA 2K is where fans go for Basketball. 

Anyway, if they just did one release and constantly update it every few months to a year, it would probably interest fans, and they can always make updates to the gameplay, and animations. Because Madden for example is the same game every single year with barely any changes. 

On 8/20/2022 at 11:08 PM, Kane99 said:

Lol just realized I mentioned two games and listed 3. Oh well. But yeah I should have said sports franchises. 

Yeah Madden has gone to shit. What was once a competant series in terms of football games, but now it's a shell of it's former self. 

If you mentioned sports franchise it would have given a much wider variety of games to choose from.

Well Madden isn't what it used to be and I didn't even get to play any game off the Series to be honest.

5 hours ago, Clasher said:

If you mentioned sports franchise it would have given a much wider variety of games to choose from.

Well Madden isn't what it used to be and I didn't even get to play any game off the Series to be honest.

Those are the ones I see as most popular, but the other option can be used to discuss other sports games you dislike more. Madden has been the same game the last 10 years I'd say by now. They haven't advanced the series in any way in a long time, and it's quite sad. Because Madden used to be a competent sports game, but now it's no longer what it once was, just a sloppy made game with minimal changes. 

On 8/23/2022 at 5:47 AM, Kane99 said:

Most of EA's sports games should be retired, or take a while off. I can't judge the FIFA series, but I know they too haven't changed much like Madden. I don't know about NBA Live, if they even still make that game, but I know NBA 2K is where fans go for Basketball. 

Anyway, if they just did one release and constantly update it every few months to a year, it would probably interest fans, and they can always make updates to the gameplay, and animations. Because Madden for example is the same game every single year with barely any changes. 

EA with their FIFA series is doing exactly the same thing Madden have been for years. I don't see any new thing that's going to be changing any time soon. Both of the games should have been put the bed by now but hey, the fanatics of those games says not yet. 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

EA with their FIFA series is doing exactly the same thing Madden have been for years. I don't see any new thing that's going to be changing any time soon. Both of the games should have been put the bed by now but hey, the fanatics of those games says not yet. 

That's because their focus is on their paid for services. Like in Madden I think it was the MUT where you can open packs of cards where you get players to use in game. I imagine fifa has a similar mode to that. 

I think it's where they put most of their time, forgetting to actually made competant sports titles. 

Edited by Kane99

Yeah last fifa I was a gold 1/elite 3 player and in this game I’m barely reaching gold 2. Since the patch I’ve lost so many games as I can’t break teams down and can’t seem to defend to save my life. Yet my cousin who is good at fifa but not that good is hitting elite 3 in champs. I can’t find any decent custom tactics. My opponents players run in behind constantly yet my players stand still. I’m on the verge of selling this game. I can’t be bothered dealing with the stress it bring me every weekend.

I selected all because they all have the same fundamental problem, their all greed over everything else.  I agree with @Heatman, it's borderline pointless even discussing them anymore.  We all know that their same games every year, we all know that loaded with bullshit monetisation and we all know the fanbase will buy them anyway.  To hell with them.

On 8/30/2022 at 12:50 PM, Crazycrab said:

I selected all because they all have the same fundamental problem, their all greed over everything else.  I agree with @Heatman, it's borderline pointless even discussing them anymore.  We all know that their same games every year, we all know that loaded with bullshit monetisation and we all know the fanbase will buy them anyway.  To hell with them.

Their respective fanbase are the big reason why these guy's aren't ready to effect any serious changes to what they have been doing with these game's franchise for years now. There's no way for putting an end to it. It's like a critical cancer in the industry!!