Register Now
Kane99

Arcade Paradise

Has anyone heard of this game? From what I see, it's a sim style game where you run a laundromat and have a secret arcade that you run in the back. You literally have to run the laundromat as well as the arcade. So it looks a lot like a sim game. Eventually you find a back room that you can use to set up an arcade. I don't know if this is something for me, but I'm willing to give it a try maybe. It's for PS4, PS5 & PC. 

I think I saw a review about this game on YouTube I think and though I didn't pay much attention to It was actually something that could be worthwhile to play.

Having a game where you can choose to play a variety of arcade games in them sounds fun.

Well, some of you might not agree but in my option that the game look like garbage, but I appreciate the near perfect inclusion of diversity in the trailer. They needed a more obvious LGBTQ representation though, dancing right next to the cartoon demon. My thoughts on that 🙂 

The game has a high rating on steam, I just searched through it on Google I found 9.0/10 rating for the game. That's marvelous, but I didn't love what I saw in the picture for the game, the images aren't 3D, or the type we see in most unreal or frostbite engine consoles. 

Screenshot_20220817-122324.thumb.jpg.c05e5fd0ba6809a95bbb939787aefce6.jpg

I'm just coming across the game for the first time now. With less information about the game, I'm not sure if I would be jumping into playing it immediately until I have gathered more information on it. The game's trailer gives me mixed feelings about the game but let me hold my piece on it for now, till I get more updates. 

On 8/22/2022 at 5:32 PM, Heatman said:

I'm just coming across the game for the first time now. With less information about the game, I'm not sure if I would be jumping into playing it immediately until I have gathered more information on it. The game's trailer gives me mixed feelings about the game but let me hold my piece on it for now, till I get more updates. 

Though it looks interesting and quite interesting but this genre of video games doesn't really strike a chord with.

It doesn't seem like the kind of game I would to play.

This is the first time I have seen this game if I am honest it does look like a game, I would play but I am not sure if it would be one that I would play for a long period of time. It seems like it would be one of those games that I personally myself would play every so often to pass the time or if I needed a break from a game I was currently playing through. I am curious though so I will be looking more into this game.

4 hours ago, Shagger said:

Let me get this straight, in this game you have to perform momentous chores in launderette to then have the right to play arcade machines? What's the point of that? Just give me the god damb arcade games! This is stupid.

I think it starts that way and then turns into you building and running your own arcade. Kinda like an work simulator game where you run an Arcade. It kinda reminds me of House Flipper after playing that recently. 

I wonder if they have a mode for just the arcade games, that'd be cool. 

5 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

I think it starts that way and then turns into you building and running your own arcade. Kinda like an work simulator game where you run an Arcade. It kinda reminds me of House Flipper after playing that recently. 

I wonder if they have a mode for just the arcade games, that'd be cool. 

There's already a game whare you work at something you would rather not be doing as apposed to playing video games in order to be able to afford to play video games. It's called life, and it sucks. The whole point of video games is to be a form of escapism from life. I'm sorry, but the concept here is ludicrous. I might be more warm to this if the arcade games you "buy" by "working" in the game were actual arcade classics, but as far as I tell they're not, I think there're made up.

23 hours ago, Shagger said:

There's already a game whare you work at something you would rather not be doing as apposed to playing video games in order to be able to afford to play video games. It's called life, and it sucks. The whole point of video games is to be a form of escapism from life. I'm sorry, but the concept here is ludicrous. I might be more warm to this if the arcade games you "buy" by "working" in the game were actual arcade classics, but as far as I tell they're not, I think there're made up.

Seems to be that many really like it, as is has really good reviews on Steam. But to each your own I say. I figure it's not everyone's cup of tea. For me I like the simple games with resource management. It's why I get into House Flipper. If this game allows me to edit anything inside the store, than I'll be happy. I doubt the work portions are too much, from what I hear it's fairly focused on building the arcade, with some work in the laundry mat side to gain profits to go into said arcade. I imagine once you get going, the work aspects become super fast. 

But, there seems to be a downside, as some of the arcade games are DLC and you have to pay for some of them. Reviews are also saying that the game is very nostalgic and reminds them of the time when arcades were popular. 

On 11/30/2022 at 11:12 PM, Shagger said:

Well because it has a semblance to reality doesn't mean the game would suck, people still play the Sims even though you are practically living your everyday life but in this case it's in a video game.

I am not a big fan of this genre of video games but I have played the Sims a few times and I might even play arcade paradise too if I feel like playing something different.