Register Now
Clasher

Zuma (video game)

Zuma is a tile matching puzzle video game where you play as a frog shooting coloured and patterned ball out of its mouth to match with other ball with same patterns and colours, you plays as fast as possible so the balls doesn't outrun and pass through the gates of the temple.

I enjoyed this game on PC and it was also available on mobile phone, Mac OS , PS2, PS 3 and Xbox console developed by pop cap games.

This game was  really popular since it's release in 2003 and even won game of the year award in 2004.

I haven't heard much about this game in a while so I am curious to know if there is anyone here who still plays it.

I loved me some Zuma back on the Xbox Live Arcade (XBLA). The balls definitely had 'forbidden snacks' qualities about them, and that says a lot for the graphical fidelity at the time. It was the first console to really wow me with its visuals, that and Marble Blast Ultra, another game with satisfying ball physics (and also by Pop Cap).

The music was incredible too. Very calming and instantly recognisable:

3 minutes ago, Withywarlock said:

I loved me some Zuma back on the Xbox Live Arcade (XBLA). The balls definitely had 'forbidden snacks' qualities about them, and that says a lot for the graphical fidelity at the time. It was the first console to really wow me with its visuals, that and Marble Blast Ultra, another game with satisfying ball physics (and also by Pop Cap).

The music was incredible too. Very calming and instantly recognisable:

I didn't play it on console but I had one of this game on all my PC since 2011 and had my last play of this game in 2017 after I gave out my windows 7 PC.

I actually loved this game a lot in as much as it had a simple gameplay it was very much Intriguing and could be challenging as you proceed to more difficult levels.

It was on my smartphone that I played the game ZUMA some years ago. I never knew that it was even available on PC or other gaming platforms by thinking that it was solely a mobile phone game. 

With this, it likely means that Temple Run might be on other platforms and not only mobile phones? 

On 8/22/2022 at 5:01 PM, Heatman said:

It was on my smartphone that I played the game ZUMA some years ago. I never knew that it was even available on PC or other gaming platforms by thinking that it was solely a mobile phone game. 

With this, it likely means that Temple Run might be on other platforms and not only mobile phones? 

I never played on smartphone though laptop was more enjoyable for me.

Zuma was a really interesting game and back in 2011 When I didn't have any Console I was well into PC games. But after I got my PlayStation then I just didn't play PC games as much as I used to.

On 8/24/2022 at 3:03 PM, Clasher said:

I never played on smartphone though laptop was more enjoyable for me.

Zuma was a really interesting game and back in 2011 When I didn't have any Console I was well into PC games. But after I got my PlayStation then I just didn't play PC games as much as I used to.

It's still a very common game for a lot of people who are playing on smartphone. Most of my friends that plays games with their smartphone all have the game Zuma on it. One thing I love about the game is just the soundtrack especially when it's about killing you 😂

Oh my I remember Zuma very well. I remember it from the Xbox 360, and I used to play it a ton when I just wanted to sit, chill out and just play a quiet game like that. I used to spend hours on that game and would grow quite addicted to it over the time I played but it was some levels that would frustrate me, and I would end up leaving the game for a while and coming back to try again.

I believe you can still play Zuma on the newer generation of consoles, but I have not checked recently so I am not sure if that is still the case. If it is and it's still there to play, I would definitely love to go back and play it again, it's just one of those games that you just cannot get tired of if you pace yourself on it. 

On 10/29/2022 at 1:11 AM, Shortie said:

Oh my I remember Zuma very well. I remember it from the Xbox 360, and I used to play it a ton when I just wanted to sit, chill out and just play a quiet game like that. I used to spend hours on that game and would grow quite addicted to it over the time I played but it was some levels that would frustrate me, and I would end up leaving the game for a while and coming back to try again.

I believe you can still play Zuma on the newer generation of consoles, but I have not checked recently so I am not sure if that is still the case. If it is and it's still there to play, I would definitely love to go back and play it again, it's just one of those games that you just cannot get tired of if you pace yourself on it. 

I felt they haven't made any Zuma game since the release of Zuma revenge in 2009, I guess I need to check that out again.