Register Now
Nebulous

Solo and multiplayer

5 hours ago, Nebulous said:

What type of games are good for playing alone?

What else other than single player games? Can you give me something to go on, please?

5 hours ago, Nebulous said:

Which are good for playing with other people?

I was going to just say 'multiplayer games', and while that's the amount of care that reflects the original post I'm going to make an effort and provide something to discuss. I don't think it even necessarily has to be a multiplayer game. I personally would love watching my partner on the few times she plays video games, namely Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Chaos Bleeds for all the secrets in the levels. Testing my gaming instincts for destructable doors, moveable surfaces, or hidden passages and the items they may have tidied away.

If I had to choose a game where a number of people can play, I prefer shorter bursts where you're not waiting long to get back into it should you reach a fail state (i.e death, knockout, etc.) I'd struggle to play Hell Let Loose with my mates because while it would be entertaining to listen to them and chat over comms, I don't really want to go at least ten seconds before jumping back into the game then running to where they are. Similarly I wouldn't really like playing Battle Royale: if I'm dead I'm just observing and thanks to the locked first person cameras I usually can't see anything that the player I'm observing can't.

I think I defer back to my original answer: any game you can play locally. The experience is so greatly enhanced, especially when you're working toward a common goal.

~

@Nebulous I'm going to keep tagging you until you put some effort into your posts, which I know you can do given your Ask Nebulous thread. This is the fifth topic you've churned out in almost as many hours without really any contribution to the topic.

If English isn't your native language I understand. I know at least three users here who don't speak English as a primary language, but they still try to contribute. All I ask of you, and anyone else on this forum as politely as I can muster the first time or so, is to give us something to on: an example, an opinion, an idea or a story.

10 hours ago, Nebulous said:

What type of games are good for playing alone?

Which are good for playing with other people?

I'm going to try and interprete this your inquiry the way I easily understand it because there isn't much details to make it specific. 

With that being said, I'd say that you're asking about games you can play being all alone and one's you have to play with people being around and you can play it together with them. 

For games that I enjoy playing being all alone, it's most horror games like The Evil Within, Alien Isolation, Until Dawn and so much more. 

For games I love playing with people; they are, Call of Duty series, Fortnite, Titanfall 2, Sea of Thieves, No Man's Sky etc. 

I think FIFA isn't a game I particularly enjoy playing alone , with friends Makes it a lot more engaging.

All racer games can be enjoyed single or multiplayer modes alike imo unless someone thinks other wise.

Survival horror games, adventure games , first person shooter games can be enjoyed in single player mode. And besides I can't really play the last of us or dying light with people either.

11 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

@Nebulous I'm going to keep tagging you until you put some effort into your posts, which I know you can do given your Ask Nebulous thread. This is the fifth topic you've churned out in almost as many hours without really any contribution to the topic.

If English isn't your native language I understand. I know at least three users here who don't speak English as a primary language, but they still try to contribute. All I ask of you, and anyone else on this forum as politely as I can muster the first time or so, is to give us something to on: an example, an opinion, an idea or a story.

How condescending.  Instead of "tagging" you should insert the word harassing.  As a staff member on a forum you should be grateful for members wanting to create new discussion threads rather than scolding them for it. I'll come back and join in on the discussion if I want to... or I wont.  That's up to me. 

33 minutes ago, Nebulous said:

How condescending.  Instead of "tagging" you should insert the word harassing.

I'll say now that tagging every comment was and is too much, and I apologise for handling this in the way I have. But I'm not going to be grateful for threads that don't say much of anything to begin with. It's one thing to not respond to comments, that's fine: many a time I'm satisfied with answers that I'm given in the few threads I create; but this thread doesn't begin to pose a quality question. There's nothing to bounce off of, it just encourages listing things for points.

33 minutes ago, Nebulous said:

That's up to me. 

That is your want, but don't be surprised if you're asked to elaborate (which I do of all users creating threads that don't have any commentary of their own). This forum exists for discussion which this thread - nor the four others I've commented on - doesn't promote. If you have the time to make five threads, you have the time to make at least one where you can lead the discussion with examples. And again, I know you can given your Ask Nebulous thread.

All I'm asking for is in addition to the information you've posted is perhaps a reason why you want to know, or what your own opinions are. VGR has a major problem with post farming, leading to conversation resulting in only two parties clogging up the thread, and points being so inflated that only so many users can realistically bid on prizes. Now I hope I'm wrong about you being one of those people, but I would like to see that for myself.

In future, and I ask this of all users however long they've been here, please can we try to improve the quality of discussion in the opening comments?

Edited by Withywarlock
Grammatical errors.

2 hours ago, Clasher said:

I think FIFA isn't a game I particularly enjoy playing alone , with friends Makes it a lot more engaging.

It's definitely boring playing EA FIFA games alone. When the game had much value for me in terms of satisfaction, my house is always flooded with my guys whenever we are going to play. I'd never put FIFA on when I'm all alone. It's going to be very boring. It's the c on the opposite competition that makes it better and more fun. 

11 hours ago, Heatman said:

It's definitely boring playing EA FIFA games alone. When the game had much value for me in terms of satisfaction, my house is always flooded with my guys whenever we are going to play. I'd never put FIFA on when I'm all alone. It's going to be very boring. It's the c on the opposite competition that makes it better and more fun. 

Exactly, I could play alone when I want to but if just wouldn't be as interesting compared to when you are playing with friends.

I think EA FIFA was particularly made for multiplayer modes.

Prey. Highly recommend. Great story with different endings. Good replayabilty with a bunch of side quests and skill trees to unlock. Many different weapons and abilities to find and many different (and very interesting) enemies to fight. Great game if you like sci-fi, skill trees, side quests, stealth, secrets, and a bit of suspense. Also if you into building and trying to live then valheim is another great game you can do as a single-player

15 hours ago, Clasher said:

Exactly, I could play alone when I want to but if just wouldn't be as interesting compared to when you are playing with friends.

I think EA FIFA was particularly made for multiplayer modes.

In all my years of playing FIFA games right from PS1 days and even on my SEGA console, I never played any football alone. 

There's no fun atom of fun in playing that way no matter how good you are. It's better playing with friends. 

I'd say most single player games are good to play alone, with even some online games. I've played my fair share of online games alone, and on purpose. I don't like to play a lot of online games with people aside from the ones I already have friends playing. If none of my friends are playing, I usually don't, but I will sometimes play depending on the game and whether I like it. 

For a single player game, you can't go wrong with the likes of GTA V, RDR2, Alan Wake, etc. As for online, COD is good if you have a group of friends also playing. Fortnite is a good one too, especially if you can get your friends to play along. I don't like playing with randoms though. 

On 8/14/2022 at 12:49 PM, Empire said:

Also if you into building and trying to live then valheim is another great game you can do as a single-player

I have been trying to get into playing Valheim for the last few months now but it's been quite challenging for me. Building game's isn't one of my strengths but I'm trying to work on that and get a little bit better at it. I think that I should be looking at getting into something more easier. 

For playing alone it would definitely have to be single player games, but I will admit that multiplayer games can also be played alone with the solo modes or free for all that you get in multiplayer modes. In terms of playing with others I would definitely have to say online multiplayer, but you can also play story games with other people as well or even local play with a friend in the same room. There are so many ways you can play games so there is always a great way of you being able to meet new people or hang out with the friends you already know. 

10 minutes ago, Shortie said:

For playing alone it would definitely have to be single player games, but I will admit that multiplayer games can also be played alone with the solo modes or free for all that you get in multiplayer modes. In terms of playing with others I would definitely have to say online multiplayer, but you can also play story games with other people as well or even local play with a friend in the same room. There are so many ways you can play games so there is always a great way of you being able to meet new people or hang out with the friends you already know. 

I actually enjoy playing with a friend in the same room, a group of my friends we usually a video game hangout and we just meet and play videogames together.

It's usually fun and much better than online multiplayer imo.