Register Now
Nebulous

How much money?

10 hours ago, Empire said:

This year has been slow regards the games that I have ended up buying. I have brought games that I ended up not playing. Then again it was CHEAP. gas station simulator I got for under $5 and saved $20 as that the full price on steam. I shop around and whatnot. 

That's very good then because spending more on games that you should have been spending less on doesn't make sense at all. 

I think that we all have that experience of getting games that we end up not playing for a long period of time. I have a big backlog to deal with. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

That's very good then because spending more on games that you should have been spending less on doesn't make sense at all. 

I think that we all have that experience of getting games that we end up not playing for a long period of time. I have a big backlog to deal with. 

I'm living on a budget these days so I don't spend much on games period. It's why I tend to go for gamepass, because it gives me many options for a cheaper price. But even that, I've cut down on because I can't be spending money lately. 

Once my work picks up though, I might get gamepass again or buy some games even.

11 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I'm living on a budget these days so I don't spend much on games period. It's why I tend to go for gamepass, because it gives me many options for a cheaper price. But even that, I've cut down on because I can't be spending money lately. 

Once my work picks up though, I might get gamepass again or buy some games even.

There's no point in being extravagant. Even if you have extra cash, there are definitely far more important things to make your priority. Yeah, I agree we should have fun and enjoy ourselves but making more money when there's an opportunity for it if you have the money to use for it is far more better. 

13 hours ago, Heatman said:

There are more things to spend then games end of the day for me XD Food and not getting cat food as I do not have a cat XD 

On 8/14/2022 at 8:31 PM, Grungie said:

It goes up and down.

it really depends on whether I have money to spend, or if there's something I really really want to put my money towards to warrant my spending. 😁

there's no certain amount or budget. there are soft limits though against overspending. 😋

2 hours ago, runswithspatulas said:

waaaaaay more than any other form of entertainment other than eating.

That's a good way of putting it lol. That's why I tend to get services like gamepass so I don't have to pay tons of money on games I will just put on a shelf later. 😄 

If I had the money though, I'd for sure start to buy more physical and digital games. But gamepass works good for me for now. 

3 hours ago, Kane99 said:

That's a good way of putting it lol. That's why I tend to get services like gamepass so I don't have to pay tons of money on games I will just put on a shelf later. 😄 

If I had the money though, I'd for sure start to buy more physical and digital games. But gamepass works good for me for now. 

i don't mind it because it is my only source of entertainment so it's worth it

On 8/20/2022 at 11:53 AM, Empire said:

There are more things to spend then games end of the day for me XD Food and not getting cat food as I do not have a cat XD 

Definitely, it's not only on video games we have to spend. A lot of us have big problems that require thousands of dollars to take care of. 

Are you a dog or cat lover? I'm more for dogs. 

On 8/23/2022 at 1:04 AM, runswithspatulas said:

waaaaaay more than any other form of entertainment other than eating.

I think I spend a lot on games as well which is surprising because I don't like to spend too much on certain things.

I think video games are the only form of entertainment I really don't mind spending my money on , I wouldn't do that for a movie or something else.

Being that gaming is my hobby and also something I do for a living as well for content creation, I would definitely say I spend more on gaming than I do say movies, TV or even music. Gaming I have always said is a very expensive hobby but it's one I just love, and it helps me so much not just with earning that extra but also with my mental health. I would say a year I roughly spend around £100 - £200 on games, I tend to wait in most cases for a sale or for somewhere to do it cheaper than say online digitally before I purchase. I don't mind doing it as it's a hobby I enjoy, it's when I purchase a game and it ends up not being as good as I thought, and I feel like I wasted money when I get frustrated. 

On 11/23/2022 at 2:11 AM, Shortie said:

Gaming I have always said is a very expensive hobby but it's one I just love, and it helps me so much not just with earning that extra but also with my mental health. I would say a year I roughly spend around £100 - £200 on games, I tend to wait in most cases for a sale or for somewhere to do it cheaper than say online digitally before I purchase. I don't mind doing it as it's a hobby I enjoy, it's when I purchase a game and it ends up not being as good as I thought, and I feel like I wasted money when I get frustrated. 

Video games has even gotten more expensive as time went on but that hasn't deterred me from getting a new console or buying whatever video game I feel like playing.

I think I spend on something related to video games or on video games atleast once a week.