Register Now
Nebulous

What device do you game on?

On 8/24/2022 at 9:44 PM, runswithspatulas said:

i've had both mine for nearly 3 yrs. not had any trouble with them. my original expensive switch that could be hooked to the tv got stolen. i hope to replace it with an oled at some point. 

Well that's good to hear. I'm still worried about joycon drift, but I guess I'll just have to risk it. One of these days I'll get a switch. 🙂

And damn, I'm sorry to hear that happened to you. People suck sometimes. 😞

1 hour ago, Kane99 said:

Well that's good to hear. I'm still worried about joycon drift, but I guess I'll just have to risk it. One of these days I'll get a switch. 🙂

And damn, I'm sorry to hear that happened to you. People suck sometimes. 😞

i try to keep my switches away from air vents and not eat while i'm on them to help keep debris from getting into the joycons. plus i think if you're playing a lot and playing joystick laden games like fighting and/or racing i imagine the wear and tear on them would be faster. mostly the drift happens from dirty joycons and the cheap plastic piece that holds it being crap. you can replace your own joysticks on the joycons of the regular switch. not sure about the lites though.

https://www.imore.com/how-replace-joystick-your-switch-joy-cons

On 8/28/2022 at 10:02 PM, runswithspatulas said:

it was a $500 loss

Even if it's just a $100 loss, I still wouldn't feel happy about it. If I had used my stuff and it damaged on my watch, it's a lot better than having to lose it to a thief. Some of them wouldn't even know the worth and they will gamble it away for a piece of trash. 

On 8/24/2022 at 8:44 PM, runswithspatulas said:

i've had both mine for nearly 3 yrs. not had any trouble with them. my original expensive switch that could be hooked to the tv got stolen. i hope to replace it with an oled at some point. 

That's why my devices are usually stored away when I'm not using them - especially my laptop. It's too vital for what I do to be stolen.

On 8/28/2022 at 9:17 AM, Heatman said:

This is why I'm always very careful with whom I allowed into my home after one of my expensive digital camera was stolen and no one who came to my house that day agreed to have seen anything. 

I would piss myself if anyone steal my Nintendo Switch. 

Everyone knows better than to come to my house and steal anything because I'll go full Stewie on them and if you don't know what I'm talking about, here's a video to explain what I'd probably do.

21 hours ago, runswithspatulas said:

Stored away?

As in store them in the closet in my computer room which is locked with a key. I have tightly sealed, waterproof plastic containers that I store my devices in when I'm going away for a while, I know I'm going to have company over or a storm might be coming and I want to keep my devices safe. In my country, it's currently hurricane season and we have plenty of rainfall during this period so I'm not taking any chances.  

On 10/13/2022 at 6:48 AM, Kyng said:

Pretty much only my PC. I might be willing to try the occasional mobile game, but easily 99% of my gaming is done on the PC.

I don't blame you - Mobile gaming isn't too appealing outside of the Switch or maybe a tablet with an emulator. Mobile games for Android and IOS are loaded with lots of microtransactions and a good portion of the games are just copies of each other.

On 10/20/2022 at 8:34 PM, killamch89 said:

I don't blame you - Mobile gaming isn't too appealing outside of the Switch or maybe a tablet with an emulator. Mobile games for Android and IOS are loaded with lots of microtransactions and a good portion of the games are just copies of each other.

Good point - although, in truth, it's because I never really got into the habit of using my phone for much other than chatting and internet anyway 😛

I am someone who loves to be able to play games whilst sat in my living room but also like to play games whilst on the go as well. I have my Xbox One X and my Nintendo Switch that both sit in my living room that I tend to use on a regular basis, but I know with my Nintendo Switch I can take that from the dock and use it as a handheld if I feel like it which is always ideal for me if I fancy a change of scenery or if I am travelling. I would say that I do use my Xbox more than any other console at the moment as I prefer certain games such as Fortnite and Apex on the Xbox over the Nintendo Switch. Mobile gaming is also another one I enjoy using for on-the-go gaming especially for games such as Stumble Guys or even games like WWE Supercards or WWE Champions. 

On 10/22/2022 at 1:12 PM, Kyng said:

Good point - although, in truth, it's because I never really got into the habit of using my phone for much other than chatting and internet anyway 😛

Fair point too - I use my Ipad to play mobile games. My phone is needed for more important things.

I have had Xbox, Playstation and gamed on a computer before, but for the past couple of years I have only been gaming on my Playstation. I tend to buy a gaming computer in the future sometime but might purchase a PS5 in the meantime. Whenever they are available. Still no luck in purchasing one.

On 12/6/2022 at 10:59 AM, aerodynamik said:

I have had Xbox, Playstation and gamed on a computer before, but for the past couple of years I have only been gaming on my Playstation. I tend to buy a gaming computer in the future sometime but might purchase a PS5 in the meantime. Whenever they are available. Still no luck in purchasing one.

Same here - I just can't seem to get my hands on a PS5. I can get almost everything else but a PS5...Even a RTX 4090!

I highly prefer consoles, although some games I'll play on my PC (ex; Sims City, The Sims, or basically any PC only game). Never have been a huge fan of the mobile gaming scene since it seems like you end up just using a Bluetooth controller for your phone, and are limited by the screen size.