Register Now
Knight Plug

Alone in the Dark

Yeah. Imagine calling one of their longest tenured members a parasite. What disrespectful shills. But they're entitled to support a company that only cares about making money. It's only after the game comes out and they notice all the cut content, that they can run back to people like me and offer an apology, for like trying to forewarn them.

Regards, from Candy Stick.

Edited by Shagger

On 8/22/2022 at 8:24 AM, Candy Stick said:

Yeah. Imagine calling one of their longest tenured members a parasite. What disrespectful shills. But they're entitled to support a company that only cares about making money. It's only after the game comes out and they notice all the cut content, that they can run back to people like me and offer an apology, for like trying to forewarn them.

Regards, from Candy Stick (aka thesaunderschild).

It really sucks when some people can't respect other people's opinions even if they don't agree with it. It's not a must to start fighting over another person's opinion simply because they have something different that doesn't support your own. 

Even with the apology later, it still won't still make you feel any better. 

I don't know if the game was at GamesCom, because I didn't watch this online. They said there would be a playable section called 'Grace in the Dark' at the event, which I was looking forward to watching. So far, I can't find anything on YouTube about it. And YouTube won't open up on my phone right now. When I try to sign in, it gets stuck and says I am already signed in. Then I cannot proceed.

I'll have to try clearing my cache...

I'm considering getting a Series X next month. I mean, I would have rather definitely gotten a PS5. But it appears they have been hard to obtain since 2020, like with Covid and a lack of the components. But this game is a day one purchase for me. 

14 hours ago, Candy Stick said:

I'm considering getting a Series X next month. I mean, I would have rather definitely gotten a PS5. But it appears they have been hard to obtain since 2020, like with Covid and a lack of the components. But this game is a day one purchase for me. 

I'm going to wait it out and see exactly what it comes out like after a few gamers have played and have their say on it. If it manages to come out well, then it's up for my getting it. 

Alone in the Dark was the type of horror game that I can't recommend for kids under 15. However, this is a game for adults that enjoy playing horror games (I always played it when I was staying alone) and Edward is my favorite character. 

Hmm, it's actually interesting for me to learn about this game, as I never heard of it. 😁

just read stuff on wikipedia and some other sites. this was from 1992? boy that was older than me by slightly I think. 🤣

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alone_in_the_Dark

also the original is on steam too.
but I think I'll go wait to see if this remake will actually be very good.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/548090/Alone_in_the_Dark_1/

EDIT:

it's actually interesting to see that the trilogy of alone in the dark is actually available on GOG for just about $1.49 🤔

https://www.gog.com/en/game/alone_in_the_dark
40f91ab781779053450e410b9fd6d77221861d17

Edited by Gonassis

I remember the original Alone in the Dark game - just like @Clasher, I only remember playing the original although I do remember an online only variant coming out in 2015 and was heavily criticized by everyone. The graphics look amazing and from what I've seen, it does look genuinely scary. The thing with gameplay trailers especially in modern times is that the developers tend to put out an amazing trailer but then the real game arrives and it's complete trash so I'm tempering my expectations.

On 8/25/2022 at 9:23 AM, Crazycrab said:

I'm actually quite surprised that they are making this one.  I genuinely thought that after 2015's Illumination no other publisher and/or developer would take risk it with this franchise.  I hope it turns out well.  

I had same thoughts too and currently I don't even know what the current status of the game is, if it is still in development or they've be able to release it amidst the crisis.