Register Now
Yaramaki

What are your favourite and not so favourite videogame mascots?

As title says What are your favourite and not so favourite videogame mascots? We have had a lot of so called gaming mascots over the years some with success others not so much so let's talk about your favourite mascots and well why not mascots that you don't like at all?

My personal favourite (apart from sonic and tails) would have to be Rayman, i always enjoyed the games he featured in well not the rabbit stuff but if you leave those out all rayman games were great and needless to say Rayman has a timeless classic design that is still appealing for many years to come. Sadly kind of a forgotten franchise these days.

No so favourite : for once can't seem to make up my mind so insert whatever 90 ies mascot that was an animan and were they tried way too hard with to make it look as cool as possible.

Yet again I nominate Crash Bandicoot, the unofficial mascot for the Playstation (let's face it: who wasn't?). He featured in some solid games, had a lot of personality for an unvoiced character (again, at the time, who wasn't?) and featured no overly-ambitious mechanics that were at the detriment of him and his games. Much like Sonic, he's not all that great on his own: he needs a good cast to bounce off, and enemies and allies he has in spades.

My least favourite... that's a toughie. I'm not sure it counts because the line between official and unofficial mascot is quite blurry here, but I'm going to say the the eponymous Overlord of his own games. He's just not very good (har har) at what he does: he's rather squishy, doesn't move particularly fast, and requires his minions to do his heavy lifting. The premise is that he doesn't need to, he chooses them to do trivial things but it doesn't work out in reality. He's easily vanquished, and if he has any minions summoned he loses them and all their equipment, so he sort of has to do things on his own in order to save his minions. A true leader for all the wrong reasons.

Edited by Withywarlock

My favourite videogame mascot would be the then blue bomber Mega Man. The memories that I had with the game still run very deep in my heart since the 80s, and 90s.

It's jumping and shooting gameplay became something that's very popular with games back then but it's a shame Capcom have abandoned the game for over 10 years now. 

Mario is probably my favorite mascot. I don't think I have one I dislike to be honest. I never looked at a mascot in gaming and though they were awful. I mean, maybe Glover, as the whole idea around him was dumb, but I don't know if he even qualifies as a mascot to be honest. 

4 minutes ago, Grungie said:

I love Jack Frost from the Megaten franchise.

This one is easy to pick on, but Bubsy was pretty obnoxious.

Both good picks. I was hard-pressed to think of one I disliked but I'll go with Bubsy as well.

8 hours ago, Tonberry said:

I really like Chocobos, and they're kind of the mascots for Final Fantasy games I'd argue? Lots of iconic monsters but it even gets its own games with a unique look. Other than that I really like Slime from Dragon Quest, and Rathalos.

chocobdung.png

My days in playing Final Fantasy series made me fall hard for Chocobos. You can't look at them and not get moved especially looking them in their eyes. 

On 8/17/2022 at 2:13 PM, Clasher said:

My favourite would be Pikachu since it's appearance in the  pokemon red and blue games , the popular pokemon cartoon series.

In my personal perspective, I would say that the yellow Pikachu would be considered as the best and most popular mascot for Nintendo.