Register Now
The Blackangel

This is pure bullshit

LOL,

Well the Zombie game would annoy me too if I would get blasted with white noise during a game I was forced to lose, and I always felt being good at the game or getting lost in it gave me more self esteem?

If it wasn't for games I probably wouldn't be where I am in live or have the imagination I have that carries me through difficult times.

EOS

On 8/15/2022 at 9:34 PM, Kane99 said:

lol why is this crime channel on YouTube going on about video games anyway? I checked their channel and they seem to discuss crime and cases around them. I hate when videos like this don't link to sources for their supposed truth. The whole seizure bit, I could see most things causing it, especially if you have epilepsy. 

They probably found stories/articles online about a couple studies that went nowhere for all we know. I wouldn't take this video seriously. 

Whatever content that they put in there on the video lacks credibility because there's no way to prove anything. It's so frustrating that some people would take the so called information there hook, line and sinker without questioning them. 

We have a lot of gullible people lately!! 

22 hours ago, Heatman said:

That's exactly the point because there was no way the kid would be able to afford getting himself that kind of game set up and the games he's playing. 

Everything was down to his parents who FAILED him woefully!! 

Reminds me of a documentary on obese children I watched... *sighs

every single time the child whined about letting him having more candy food, or sugary drinks, the parent would either give in immediately, or say no for a bit but then still give the kid junk food.

the kid was very very fat, and not even 10 years old yet...

that's waaaaay unhealthy. 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️ but parents just let them be. 😑

LOL! If it weren't for my shooter games I'd likely be more aggressive at work. They kinda help calm me. I'm attached to an Animal Crossing character named Sherb. Does that mean I'm mental?

Probably the reasoning behind the guy in the video is to make people think that video games cause everyone to be overweight. Not the case. And they have video games for exercising so that makes it pure choice. 

I feel like if people are going out and doing mass shootings it's because of their mental state prior to the video games as well as their own choices. I suffer from depression but that's not gonna make me go out and mass kill cuz I play Fortnite.

The maker of this video probably didn't do much research. It seems like they searched Google and found the first sources they could and ran with it. All the whole not sourcing any proof lol. 

Edited by Kane99

On 8/20/2022 at 6:56 PM, Gonassis said:

Reminds me of a documentary on obese children I watched... *sighs

every single time the child whined about letting him having more candy food, or sugary drinks, the parent would either give in immediately, or say no for a bit but then still give the kid junk food.

the kid was very very fat, and not even 10 years old yet...

that's waaaaay unhealthy. 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️ but parents just let them be. 😑

The sad truth and reality of all these is that those so called parents doesn't know anything about being a parent and child upbringing. The moment you slack on your duty as a parent in your child's upbringing, it's going to affect the child drastically in a way he or she would barely recover easily from. 

On 8/20/2022 at 3:18 AM, Empire Of Sight said:

LOL,

Well the Zombie game would annoy me too if I would get blasted with white noise during a game I was forced to lose, and I always felt being good at the game or getting lost in it gave me more self esteem?

If it wasn't for games I probably wouldn't be where I am in live or have the imagination I have that carries me through difficult times.

EOS

Video games has their own positive advantages and your comment is just a reminder of what its advantages.

I am into creatives i.e writing , content creation and the likes and sometimes I get some inspiration from videos and when I play video games.

On 8/18/2022 at 8:21 PM, Heatman said:

Take a look at this video and see the state at which this 12 year old boy's parents failed to do their job and that left the boy in his difficult situation right now. 

They will always blames but have the power of prevent such from happening but they let it happen. 

This is where many parents fail to do their job. Analysts and whatever they claim to be can go ahead and say all manner of things against those that play video games, but end up not tackling some causes like bad parenting. I have not been affected by the way that I play video games and I know I am not the only one.

I didn't watch the main video and seldom watch that hack Dr. Phil. I'm not a perfect parent at all but if that was my kid His console would be taken away and he'd be pulling weeds in the yard for a few hours every day for a while . The important thing is it's worthless parenting. And the kid didn't just start that shit at the age of 12. He was allowed to do this type of shit from about the age of 2.I've seen this kind of worthless parenting and it's ALWAYS the parent's fault. Kids' job is to try getting away with everytrhing and it's the parents job to discipline their kids and not allow a kid to run their household.Your kids aren't your friends.They're your kids.Make them listen .

10 hours ago, Lamarr the strelok said:

Your kids aren't your friends.They're your kids.Make them listen .

This needed to be retweeted massively so that most parents out there would get it down in their heads. When you ack all too soft to kids, they are going to growing into something that you wouldn't recognise in time and you would live to regret it for the rest of your life. 

On 8/20/2022 at 10:18 AM, Empire Of Sight said:

LOL,

EOS

yeah, many games have invoked positive types of thinking for me ever since, since it invokes creativity, although there are some bounds that must be treaded carefully when it comes to violence and stuff etc.

also Einstein said that:

Logic will get you from A to B.  Imagination will take you everywhere.” –Albert Einstein

albert-einstein-quotes-imagination-01-sc

As long as videogames have been around, the media has always been trying to blame them for a lot of shortcomings in society - Politicians always try to blame videogames for violence when 99.9% of gamers never re-enact in real life what they did in games. If that were the case, we wouldn't shoot up schools, we'd end the world and everything in it. Almost everything in this video is so overtly exaggerated and the worst part is, you have brain dead idiots that'd readily believe anything on a Youtube video.

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

As long as videogames have been around, the media has always been trying to blame them for a lot of shortcomings in society - Politicians always try to blame videogames for violence when 99.9% of gamers never re-enact in real life what they did in games. If that were the case, we wouldn't shoot up schools, we'd end the world and everything in it. Almost everything in this video is so overtly exaggerated and the worst part is, you have brain dead idiots that'd readily believe anything on a Youtube video.

It's not just video games either. People love to associate any controversial thought or expressions with controversial or criminal actions. Violent or controversial TV shows and movies get blamed a lot too, but whenever something like this happens, when someone calls out video games for "corrupting society," it always reminds me of the comic book code and how it was invented out of the panic that comics were corrupting youth back in the '50s. Nowadays, a lot of comics are safe and tame, pandering to society's "moral standards" instead of taking risks, which is why the Big Two (Marvel and DC) suck nowadays, their comics anyway.

On 9/5/2022 at 10:42 PM, killamch89 said:

The media have always been very good when it comes to tapping off negative popularity and it's why they keep looking for excuse to link video games to such bad reps. If it's possible for the government to shutdown companies developing games, they would have done it long ago but the taxes they get is too big to give up. 

On 9/5/2022 at 8:13 PM, Akun said:

It's not just video games either. People love to associate any controversial thought or expressions with controversial or criminal actions. Violent or controversial TV shows and movies get blamed a lot too, but whenever something like this happens, when someone calls out video games for "corrupting society," it always reminds me of the comic book code and how it was invented out of the panic that comics were corrupting youth back in the '50s. Nowadays, a lot of comics are safe and tame, pandering to society's "moral standards" instead of taking risks, which is why the Big Two (Marvel and DC) suck nowadays, their comics anyway.

It's all media pretty much, but video games seem to get the worst rap when it comes to everything else. Now days it's video games as the scapegoat for violence in the world, but pretty much everything has violence in it, from the tv shows we watch, the movies, the music we listen to and the books/comics we read.

I always find it funny when people use video games as a scapegoat for violence in the world today, when the majority of countries were founded on violence, genocide and more to begin with. Video games is far from the problem.