Register Now
Yaramaki

Question about hunting games and wheter are not to play them?

On 8/20/2022 at 11:54 AM, Empire said:

I have not seen good reviews regards The Way HUnter in terms of people thoughts, I mean I see so much bad performance from that game

This review supports what you have to say about how bad the game is. You struggle with seeing animals to hunt. You spend too much time stalking animals and still can't do much in it. It's a perfect boring hunting game. 

12 hours ago, Heatman said:

This review supports what you have to say about how bad the game is. You struggle with seeing animals to hunt. You spend too much time stalking animals and still can't do much in it. It's a perfect boring hunting game. 

Isn't hunting boring IRL, you have to stalk the animal for several hours so you don't get a wrong shot and miss the target.

And setting traps isn't easy too you have to know where to place Those traps so that the animal could be caught in it and sometimes it takes several days to get any kill.

I think that's exactly the experience the game developers tried to recreate.

11 hours ago, Clasher said:

Isn't hunting boring IRL, you have to stalk the animal for several hours so you don't get a wrong shot and miss the target.

And setting traps isn't easy too you have to know where to place Those traps so that the animal could be caught in it and sometimes it takes several days to get any kill.

I think that's exactly the experience the game developers tried to recreate.

It depends on where you're hunting in real life which would either make your waiting to be too long or short. Why it's frustrating with the game is that you would waste all your time waiting and still end up not seeing any animal to kill. 

Honestly, they are solid, as long as you can find the games with controllers that act like a gun or the retro arcade machines that have that. VR would be cool with hunting games, but I've never played one of those yet. 

I really should look into playing some of the recent hunting games. Last hunting  game I played a lot of, was one of the Cabela games on the PS2. I tried one on the 360, but it was either a demo or I played maybe 10-30 minutes tops. 

Honestly, you could play Red Dead Redemption 1 and 2 and just do hunting exclusively. You might have to play some of the way through the game, but I could see some people really playing the hell out of the hunting and fishing side of RDR 2. I know RDR1 has hunting to some extent. At least I think so. It's been a long time since I last played. 

8 hours ago, Heatman said:

It depends on where you're hunting in real life which would either make your waiting to be too long or short. Why it's frustrating with the game is that you would waste all your time waiting and still end up not seeing any animal to kill. 

Well, as a game the developers ought to have made it more exciting and full of some action , maybe the fact that you had to wait a long time and still don't make any kill is boring for a video game, but that's usually how hunting is IRL.

Well, @Heatman

The game is far from done. 1: No female characters. 2: No bows in the game. 3: The scopes suck every time you shoot the scope blacks out far from realism, Plus they should of made it with Unreal Engine 5. The graphics aren't really that good. COTW is has way better graphics except the animals they all seem to have broken necks and always looking to the right.

Edited by Empire

13 hours ago, Empire said:

Well, @Heatman

The game is far from done. 1: No female characters. 2: No bows in the game. 3: The scopes suck every time you shoot the scope blacks out far from realism, Plus they should of made it with Unreal Engine 5. The graphics aren't really that good. COTW is has way better graphics except the animals they all seem to have broken necks and always looking to the right.

Yeah, obviously they still have a lot of things to do with the game before it's at where it's supposed to be. I believe not working with Unreal Engine 5 was a big letdown for the game. It's the first thing that should have been put into consideration before any other thing. 

I did a search and found this theHunter: Call of the Wild on a list of the best hunting games. You can view the list below: 

https://www.thegamer.com/best-hunting-games/

It looks like there are some other options worth checking out, maybe Hunting Simulator 2 for the more realistic style of hunting. But there's also Cabela's North American Adventures. 

19 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I did a search and found this theHunter: Call of the Wild on a list of the best hunting games. You can view the list below: 

https://www.thegamer.com/best-hunting-games/

It looks like there are some other options worth checking out, maybe Hunting Simulator 2 for the more realistic style of hunting. But there's also Cabela's North American Adventures. 

I have played Hunting Simulator 2. It's a very decent hunting game. There are few glitches in the game but overall, I would give it at least 7/10 rating in how good the game was designed. 

Hunting can be a really boring sport sometimes you have to wait for a long time before you could get a good shot or even a kill, in real life that wouldn't be such an hectic thing to do but for a video game sitting down for at one spot trying to get a perfect kill without much action around it can be boring.