Register Now
Yaramaki

How many games do you play at the same time?

When looking at the last game played thread i see people jumping from one game to another all the time. This makes me wonder how many games do you play simultaneously ?

For me 2 games simultaneously at most because otherwise i'd never get around beating a game especially when they are story driven games if you take a break from those it's sometimes hard to remember the story. But usually i don't play anything else until i've beaten a game even if that means playing the same game for an entire month.

What about you guys/girls?

I play a variety of games at the same time or depending on the games I already have.

And my mood at that particular time would determine which game I would play because I can't always be in the mood for survival horror games , sometimes I just want something less intense like a racer game or the likes.

1 hour ago, Yaramaki said:

When looking at the last game played thread i see people jumping from one game to another all the time. This makes me wonder how many games do you play simultaneously ?

I won't lie, I wouldn't be at all surprised if most contributions there were simply for points or post-count farming. The amount of names listed without further comment is staggering, but I imagine when that thread reaches its maximum post count (do they on this forum?) there can be rules for a future one. For the time being it's harmless.

I'll list the games I'm currently on-and-off as well as their reasons:

1. Super Lucky's Tale. Achievement farming. Played it before on the Windows Store and thought it was fairly neat, but I want the Steam achievements. Pretty decent platformer when it doesn't stop responding to my controller randomly and hasn't been patched in any iteration or release.
  2. Castle of Illusion, Starring Mickey Mouse. Achievement farming. This one's a bit weird in that it constantly comes and goes from the Steam store due to licensing issues. Those in itself aren't that strange, but for a Disney property and their mascot no less is disconcerting. Will the next time be the last time goes forever? It's a decent enough game but frustrating with how its spitefully hidden its few collectables are. I'm definitely cracking out a walkthrough for this one when I've seen it through to completion.
  3. Hell Let Loose. First-Person Entry Level Mil-Sim. A game that's only as good as the team you're with, HLL rewards using the full extent of your chosen toolkit and dedicating your squad to a particular purpose.
  4. SplitGate. First-Person Twitch Shooter. You use portals and jetpacks to get around and kill people with wacky physics in multiplayer arenas. Better than Halo: Infinite in every way it needs to be, and is Free-2-Play.
  5. Spyro: A Hero's Tail. Let's Play. Not much to say on this one, it's Spyro without going to different levels in the usual sense.

I think I'd be disingenuous if I were to include two Dawn of War games, Frogun, Vermintide 2, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Chaos Bleeds just because they're currently on pause. I've many, many more games that I keep meaning to get back to but won't include them here for the same reasons.

I've found that I rarely beat games, so I just tend to hop from different games depending on what I'm into at the time. Currenlty playing a lot of Pokémon because I'm excited for the new one, but that may very well change tomorrow because I have a Monster Hunter itch closing in.

I mostly stick to one game at a time for the most part. There are times where I will play another game side by side, usually a multiplayer game. I don't usually play more than one single player game at a time, because I don't like to mix two stories at once. I can handle one multiplayer game and one single player game at a time. 

Mostly have time to able to get to play one. microsoft flight simulator 2020, one flight and whatnot as I do things realism can take over 3 to max of 5 hours in the evening. If doing a long flight it be all day. If I have time then CSGO after or just play something differnt on that night. But only one at a time

On 8/17/2022 at 3:22 PM, Withywarlock said:

I won't lie, I wouldn't be at all surprised if most contributions there were simply for points or post-count farming. The amount of names listed without further comment is staggering, but I imagine when that thread reaches its maximum post count (do they on this forum?) there can be rules for a future one. For the time being it's harmless.

Interesting but I can't actually know why people keep switching between  games but for me I play a video game based on my mood and what I feel would be convenient for my state of mind.

There are different kind of video gamers which in my own terms I call:

1. The religious gamers who play a particular game judiciously until completion before moving on to the next. And

2. Casual gamers who just gets a bunch of games that feels interesting and play them simultaneously or interchangeably without bothering about which comes first.

I hope this helps to clarify a little more why some people are found joggling between games.

29 minutes ago, Clasher said:

Interesting but I can't actually know why people keep switching between  games but for me I play a video game based on my mood and what I feel would be convenient for my state of mind.

That's understandable, I myself don't have proof for my claims but it wouldn't surprise me if people were just posting to farm points. In fairness, the thread doesn't begin with or promote further discussion. Like I say it's harmless, but if I were to post each time I changed game (which is every few hours on a weekend) I'd having warnings coming out my ears for spam.

32 minutes ago, Clasher said:

I hope this helps to clarify a little more why some people are found joggling between games.

I somewhat agree with you. I share the opinion of the late Totalbiscuit, to paraphrase, "casual gamers are people whose gaming revolves around their life, and hardcore gamers are people whose life revolves around their gaming."

As I say, I understand why people change games, I was speaking to the low-effort posting of that particular thread. Thank you for your explanation though.

On 8/17/2022 at 4:22 PM, Withywarlock said:

Are you talking about this thread or the last game played thread? Like i said before people seem to hopping from one game to another in a matter of days which i find strange so hence this thread? Also is the number of post so important for some people, it's something that i never understood who cares about how many posts you have. 

Edit looks like i have reached the magic number 666 now 😈👿

But since i'm repeating myself and we start adding games we played recently how about i chip in with what i played during the summer.

• Dragon quest 11 echoes of an elusive age  Currently taking a break from dragon quest, i'm right near the end of act 1 maybe about 35-40 hours in, did grind a lot tough making the game a total breeze so far. Will mostlikely resume playing next week orso.
  • Pokemon Arceus Legends : I've beaten the main story, all i need now is to get the remaining pokemon, which no doubt will require me to look up a guide online and i can already smell you can only get certain pokemon under certain special conditions unknown until you look it up for the 35 hours i put into it i've had fun with it even if it's too easy and the side quests are boring as hell.
  • Monopoly : my go to game when i'm staying at my gf her place, we are about 20 hours in and are still playing our first game of monopoly, unlike real monopoly you can't really cheat and nobody has to be the bank so that's a bonus. You'd be suprised how good board games can be on your tv.
  • The Council Man what should i add about this game, a more adult version of life is strange with more puzzles minus the strange powers. About halfway trough the game, kinda aiming to complete it by the end of the weekend as work starts again on monday after a 3 week break. Got stuck on a puzzle for 2 hours tough and by the end i had to look it up as i'd probably never figured it out anyway.
  • Aquadine This will mostlikly my next game i'm going to play @DC gave a code away yesterday for Aquadine trough the bids for rewards program so it would be disrespecting towards him if i woulden't touch the game.

Offcourse there are older titles that i play here and there whenever i get a big box from japan but those are mostly for short burst of time and is meanly to see if the games are working before shelving them.

Edited by Yaramaki

I witnessed the game you won from DC as a result of bidding more. If you don't like the game which you won from the bid, you can sell it off, and use the cash for another game that pokes your interest man, their is nothing much there. DC gave out that game because he wants to, and he doesn't care if the winner went on to play or sell it off, lol. 

2 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

I witnessed the game you won from DC as a result of bidding more. If you don't like the game which you won from the bid, you can sell it off, and use the cash for another game that pokes your interest man, their is nothing much there. DC gave out that game because he wants to, and he doesn't care if the winner went on to play or sell it off, lol. 

No offence but why bid on something you have no intention of playing or using anyway? I've got a certain moral that if i'm not interested in something leave it for somebody else who is, it's called having respect towards other posters. This is the first time i made a bid on something as it's a visual novel and you know that is right up my alley.