Register Now
Yaramaki

How many games do you play at the same time?

18 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

I witnessed the game you won from DC as a result of bidding more. If you don't like the game which you won from the bid, you can sell it off, and use the cash for another game that pokes your interest man, their is nothing much there. DC gave out that game because he wants to, and he doesn't care if the winner went on to play or sell it off, lol. 

First off, the game that @DC gave away (Like I'm sure all of the games he has given away as part of the points system) was in the form of a digital code and, as part of the system, you have to provide proof you have redeemed said code in the "Post here when you get your reward" thread. So no, you can't just sell them off. The system wouldn't exist in the form it does if @DC wanted you to do anything with these games other than play them.

Second, @Yaramaki didn't win that game by "bidding more". This wasn't like the Auction No. 17- $15 Amazon Gift Card currently going on. There was a set price for the code in points, first come, first served. Check that thread for Aquadine on Nintendo Switch and you'll see the difference.

Lastly, and to expand on what @Yaramaki said, even if the system in place was meant for you to sell the codes you bid for, that would be unethical. Not only is it dishonest, but it also denies one of your fellow forum members the chance to grab a game that they actually wanted. Check out this thread for Tyrant's Blessing for Steam that I recently partook in. Given that I had already got another game called Hard West 2 through bid for rewards that was very similar, I was very reluctant to go for it and would only take it if nobody else was interested:

tyrant.thumb.png.ba145b01c6e222b91f7dd3edf5146cf0.png

As you can see, in the end @DC felt nobody else was interested, so I got the code, but that's not the point. The point is that it's expected for people to bid for these rewards because they want them, any other motive is not appropriate. I actually held of commenting on that thread for days to give somebody else the chance to claim that game, the thought of claiming the code to then sell it never even crossed my mind. The fact you think that it's OK to claim a reward then just sell it off is, quite frankly, alarming and I'm very concerned.

Just in case it is not clear, claiming an award to then only sell it off or exchange it for credit to buy something else in NOT what the Bid for Rewards section is for, so don't even think about it.

1 hour ago, Yaramaki said:

Are you talking about this thread or the last game played thread?

The Last Game Played thread, this thread's fine.

Also, congrats on 6667 posts!

1 hour ago, Yaramaki said:

The Council Man what should i add about this game, a more adult version of life is strange with more puzzles minus the strange powers. About halfway trough the game, kinda aiming to complete it by the end of the weekend as work starts again on monday after a 3 week break. Got stuck on a puzzle for 2 hours tough and by the end i had to look it up as i'd probably never figured it out anyway.

I know the game, and I think I know the puzzle too (they don't get much easier going forward). I enjoyed what of it I'd played, but the twists and turns that story took did nothing for me. It requires a far more clever player than me to appreciate it!

15 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

The Last Game Played thread, this thread's fine.

Also, congrats on 6667 posts!

I know the game, and I think I know the puzzle too (they don't get much easier going forward). I enjoyed what of it I'd played, but the twists and turns that story took did nothing for me. It requires a far more clever player than me to appreciate it!

How far did you get into The council? The game started really strong with the first episode as it's going to be a more darker version of the life is strange, the madusa puzzle was easy enough, but the bible one in episode 2 you could solve by just clicking every entry but damn it was a tough to figure out by myself makes me wish i paid more attention in religion class lol at the end of chapter 3. There is a lot of needless running around in the villa in later episodes well atleast my character got laid twice with the duchess so there is that for my efforts.

On 8/17/2022 at 9:00 PM, Yaramaki said:

When looking at the last game played thread i see people jumping from one game to another all the time. This makes me wonder how many games do you play simultaneously ?

For me 2 games simultaneously at most because otherwise i'd never get around beating a game especially when they are story driven games if you take a break from those it's sometimes hard to remember the story. But usually i don't play anything else until i've beaten a game even if that means playing the same game for an entire month.

What about you guys/girls?

Well generally if I play a MMORPG that can be AFKED like runescape then ill play that plus some sort of dungeon crawler like POE, but if its a console game I'll play it until its beaten to the point where a restart is required without playing another game. However some breaks for some fighting games is always nice mid day to freshen up the mind from grinding.

15 hours ago, runswithspatulas said:

i play a variety. depends on my mood. 

As long as you can be able to run them all simultaneously without getting caught up in one or two, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. I believe to have done 4 at one point some time last year and I managed it quite well. 

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

As long as you can be able to run them all simultaneously without getting caught up in one or two, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. I believe to have done 4 at one point some time last year and I managed it quite well. 

i usually play one more than the other two but i like to mix it up and give them all some play time when i can. i'm a noob on minecraft so sometimes when learning i get a tad frustrated and go do something else for a bit.

5 hours ago, Heatman said:

What 4 games were you playing?

On 8/20/2022 at 6:32 PM, Gonassis said:

for me, maybe I tend to play 1 major online game, while juggling 2 offline, or single player games, and some casual mobile gacha games on the side. 😅

I never get bored of FIFA so I play it on my PlayStation 4, and I still play racer games like RIDE 4 and Gran Turismo during the day at night I like to play some survival horror games and currently i'm on dying light 2.

19 hours ago, runswithspatulas said:

i usually play one more than the other two but i like to mix it up and give them all some play time when i can. i'm a noob on minecraft so sometimes when learning i get a tad frustrated and go do something else for a bit.

I struggled with playing Minecraft at one point until I started playing the creative mode. It was when I fell in love with the so much. I do still play the survival mode once in a while but the creative mode was awesome. 

18 minutes ago, Heatman said:

I struggled with playing Minecraft at one point until I started playing the creative mode. It was when I fell in love with the so much. I do still play the survival mode once in a while but the creative mode was awesome. 

i'm on peaceful mode in the creative part too. once i kinda understand things better i might go play in survival mode. i've been watching streamers play it. i'm looking at tutorial videos. this game might fair better if it were a touch more user friendly instead of user mysterious.