Register Now
Empire Of Sight

Hiya Boysss ^.^

Herro :D,

You guys can call me EOS or Gabe, 

I've been digging around online trying to find some decent forums / conversations outside of Reddit , twitter, and happened to dig into the Google rabbit hole enough to find VGR. Hoping to have some good conversations and get to know fellow nerds like myself. 

Some things about myself to break the ice and hopefully connect are:

Been a die hard gamer since before internet came on a disk and the only emojis in a chat room were of the  "XD", "^.^", " :D", ":P" ":'(" style haha.

The game I've spent the most time on has to be Runescape, started playing around 2004 on and off for about 17 years. Would say WoW , Diablo, Path of Exile, Dark Souls all follow behind but were equally as addicting in their own ways. In terms of none MMORPG's Spyro the Dragon, MegaMan, GTA < the PS1 and PS2 versions , Sims, Age of Empires, RollerCoasterTycoon dominated my gaming life before internet gaming took over.

Chances are there's a few titles I've played that could be listed but the above are what shaped my preferences in gaming today. 

Would love to hear about anyone that wants to chat so feel free to say hello and break the ice with us  ❤️

Hope everyone has a rocking weekend,

EOS

22 minutes ago, Empire Of Sight said:

Haha thanks KP, 

Any direction I should head in for some good content :D?

EOS

It depends if you are looking for a fight head to the politics section xD

If you are looking for some good threads then I will say Videogames section

General gaming sometimes gets over crowded with  a lot of posts

Just now, kingpotato said:

It depends if you are looking for a fight head to the politics section xD

If you are looking for some good threads then I will say Videogames section

General gaming sometimes gets over crowded with  a lot of posts

I think I'll avoid making enemies this early on with the political chat XD

Thanks will poke around and see what's up in the VG section , already smeshed some GG topics 😄

EOS

Ave

This band of lunatics will give you no shortage of engaging discussions. There are a few people that could be something to worry about as we’re all crazier than the rest. But if you’re civil everyone else will be too. If someone is unduly an asshole, the staff is quick to nip it in the bud.

In essence, we’re always welcoming to new members, so I’m sure you will make some good friends here.

Ave

welcome to VGR, and although I didn't find out about the internet in its infancy, at least I still got to witness when ASCII art, and text emotes still was dominant across the internet forums, and also "XD" is my favorite emote of all time, I used to end every damn sentence with them on an online chat XD. 🤣 XD XD XD XD 

I remember emoticons quite well. The first time I ever saw them was in a Yahoo! chatroom. I kept asking people how they made the little smiley faces. I was probably somewhere around 17. The internet was only probably 5 years old at the time, and really small. The same sure as hell can't be said now.

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

I remember emoticons quite well. The first time I ever saw them was in a Yahoo! chatroom. I kept asking people how they made the little smiley faces. I was probably somewhere around 17. The internet was only probably 5 years old at the time, and really small. The same sure as hell can't be said now.

yep, now the internet is a grand cesspool with internet Icebergs 🧊 floating everywhere and if you're not careful, you'll sink into a rabbit hole just like the titanic. 🤣

xeskkmo2nzu71.jpg?auto=webp&s=d113edf71fe8304ec7bc27d01d3eb2416cd415ab7e7.jpg

16 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Ave

This band of lunatics will give you no shortage of engaging discussions. There are a few people that could be something to worry about as we’re all crazier than the rest. But if you’re civil everyone else will be too. If someone is unduly an asshole, the staff is quick to nip it in the bud.

In essence, we’re always welcoming to new members, so I’m sure you will make some good friends here.

Ave

Haha thanks for the breakdown of the social ecosystem 😄  Already enjoying the forum as well but I turned down the great offer of entering the political area <> cough<>

11 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

Welcome to the forum, we look forward to seeing your posts here!

Spyro op XD

11 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

Welcome to the board, if you like spyro the dragon i'm sure you'll get best mates with the poster above me in no time.

I think I've already found my way to the Youtube Channel

7 hours ago, Shagger said:

Welcome to VGR. That's certainly an impressive back catalogue.

Haha many years into this beautiful thing I like to call digital crack xD so yes a digital crack catalogue it is.

3 hours ago, Gonassis said:

welcome to VGR, and although I didn't find out about the internet in its infancy, at least I still got to witness when ASCII art, and text emotes still was dominant across the internet forums, and also "XD" is my favorite emote of all time, I used to end every damn sentence with them on an online chat XD. 🤣 XD XD XD XD 

LOL when you had to actually type a specific face to get the emojicon to appear and if you knew all the codes you were king of the chat room. I remember sneaking onto the computer late at night and joining my pops chat rooms acting like a grown man. It's actually where I learned the word tantalizing as well other useless words unless you're trying to be a fancy troll xD. I still use XD and ^.^ and people I meet always ask what it means especially here where I live in Asia... I'm like its clearly a cross eyed open mouthed smileeeeeeeeee.

2 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

As the post below states the internet now is just forever scroll to find entertainment.. "Back in merrr dayy we had to go onto forums to find links to cool things to do, couldn't just google "how to burn 10 hours on the interweebnettttt" and be gifted unlimited dopamine xDDD Nah it was good times back then though glad I got to experience it as a kid. Oh probably 17 then so you're nearing 40 old laddddd.

38 minutes ago, Gonassis said:

yep, now the internet is a grand cesspool with internet Icebergs 🧊 floating everywhere and if you're not careful, you'll sink into a rabbit hole just like the titanic. 🤣

xeskkmo2nzu71.jpg?auto=webp&s=d113edf71fe8304ec7bc27d01d3eb2416cd415ab7e7.jpg

I did miss alot of the parts of the iceberg such as tumblr and 4chan, barely getting into reddit now but I wish I coulda experienced the trolls of 4chan at its peak.

Thanks again everyone for the great welcomes and ice breakers ❤️

EOS