Register Now
Empire Of Sight

Spyro the Dragon

1 minute ago, Empire Of Sight said:

Well I did play alone most of the time and if I did play with friends it was normally on the 64 playing some 4 player games 

Would love to get my hands on a PS1 with some of the retro games though like the original GTA's, crash, and spyro.

EOS

That's nice!! It means you have a good eye for games to be able to pick out the game all by yourself. I'm sure that you can still get good PS1 from ebay if you really want to. 

On a side note, I love what you do with your name signature at the end of each of your posts.. It's cool 😎.. 

14 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

I remember playing it on a demo disc and briefly when I was at my nephew's house when he was a kid. He had a PS1 and a few games I didn't own, and we ended up playing some Spyro. I wouldn't mind getting all of the games and playing them all the way through. 

Those old video games are so classic that you still have a good sense of connection to it even after so many years of playing it when a discussion on it is brought up. If I lay my hands on PS1, and it's available, I'm playing it again. 

1 hour ago, NightmareFarm said:

I played the remastered version. It was quite fun although the gameplay design had visibly aged.

That's right, I forgot they released a remastered versions recently. Might have to pick that up one of these days. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

Those old video games are so classic that you still have a good sense of connection to it even after so many years of playing it when a discussion on it is brought up. If I lay my hands on PS1, and it's available, I'm playing it again. 

For sure. There are so many great classics on the PS1. 

5 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

That's right, I forgot they released a remastered versions recently. Might have to pick that up one of these days. 

For sure. There are so many great classics on the PS1. 

Sometimes when I look at the way some of these big AAA games have taken us for a long ride without any regard, it would feel like let's bring back our old days with the early gen consoles. Only if we can go back in the past and relive it all over again. 

7 hours ago, Heatman said:

That's nice!! It means you have a good eye for games to be able to pick out the game all by yourself. I'm sure that you can still get good PS1 from ebay if you really want to. 

On a side note, I love what you do with your name signature at the end of each of your posts.. It's cool 😎.. 

Haha too nice, I think the name signature is a force of habit from work/ my oldschool runescape days xDDD

Not sure I can use Ebay in the country I'm in but I'm sure theres one online somewhere here. I bought a switch but haven't played it all but a handful of times however a PS1 would probably be all consuming because the nostalgia.

6 hours ago, NightmareFarm said:

I played the remastered version. It was quite fun although the gameplay design had visibly aged.

I feel like that everytime I go from a AAA game to playing Oldschool Runescape, its like my brain doesn't really comprehend what it should be looking at but after a few hours the addiction begins to make it look like the most beautiful game ever created.

7 hours ago, runswithspatulas said:

LOL it's called Spyro: Reignited Trilogy. It has Spyro the Dragon. Spyro: Ripto's Rage and Spyro: Year of the Dragon.

What's the worst release amongst the Spyro games that you have played so far? 

My pick would be between Spyro : A Hero's Tail and Spyro : Attack of the Rhynocs. 

1 hour ago, runswithspatulas said:

idk. i've only played the dragon and ripto's rage. enjoyed both.

Spyro : A Hero's Tail was the first of its kind that was developed for all the three major video games consoles in Playstation 2, Xbox and Gamecube. It was poorly rated for not innovating more on the Spyro games formula that was very evident in original trilogy. Most of the minigames in it were so boring. 

On 8/20/2022 at 8:17 PM, Empire Of Sight said:

I had no idea they made more past the original trilogy :ooo thats awesome to hear.

I only had a few encounters with the game and not so much of an hardcore fan.

I remembered that title Because my older cousin had the Nintendo switch DS back then and I remember he had a spyro the dragon game on it.

On 8/20/2022 at 6:11 PM, Heatman said:

Sometimes when I look at the way some of these big AAA games have taken us for a long ride without any regard, it would feel like let's bring back our old days with the early gen consoles. Only if we can go back in the past and relive it all over again. 

Yeah, going back in time to relive those games the first time, would be fun I bet. I wish I could go back to those days honestly and re-experience it all for the first time, like I never have before. 

On 8/21/2022 at 3:08 PM, runswithspatulas said:

LOL it's called Spyro: Reignited Trilogy. It has Spyro the Dragon. Spyro: Ripto's Rage and Spyro: Year of the Dragon.

I think year of the dragon was the only one I remembered by name xD, I know warlock had posted his youtube videos and I had played those as well but it being so long ago my poor brain deleted all the information XDDD