Register Now
Kane99

McLaren Is Putting a Car It Designed for a Video Game Into Production in the Real World

This is interesting, I guess the car makers McLaren designed a car for the video game Gran Turismo Sport back on the PS4 in 2017. Of course, this is nothing new to Gran Turismo, as there are many other car brands that have made special and exclusive cars to the game. And now it looks like one of those cars has been into reality. 

The car that was ported to real life, is called the The Solus GT. It looks like something a gamer would have designed. It has a one person cockpit, and it just reminds me of what I could see a gaming chair/setup would look like in a way. 

da10170d28d07bbb80f4f101a0fc83bc

You can read more about it here:

https://news.yahoo.com/mclaren-putting-car-designed-video-220000962.html

This looks so amazing. I love fast cars and this baby right here looks unbelievably sweet. It's something similar to what Elon Musk is doing with his Telsa electric cars. I would love to have one but I can't afford them 😩

That thing is going to carry a million dollar price tag. The only ones that could afford to own one would be Elon Musk, Mark Zetterburg, and Bill Gates. From the looks of it, it's also not street legal. As low as that thing is, the driver better pray they don't encounter a speed bump.

Ridiculous as hell, if you ask me.

Edited by The Blackangel

20 hours ago, Kane99 said:

It looks like something a gamer would have designed. It has a one person cockpit, and it just reminds me of what I could see a gaming chair/setup would look like in a way. 

Given gaming chairs are little better than rejected race-car chairs, this is agonisingly ironic. I reckon it won't be long before the Solus GT is renamed to the Hubris GT.

Thanks for sharing this article all the same, I needed this little injection of bizarreness into my day.

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

That thing is going to carry a million dollar price tag. The only ones that could afford to own one would be Elon Musk, Mark Zetterburg, and Bill Gates. From the looks of it, it's also not street legal. As low as that thing is, the driver better pray they don't encounter a speed bump.

Ridiculous as hell, if you ask me.

It's definitely a car brand developed for specific kind of persons in the world and you're right about the car not going to drivable in most of our roads because its designs wouldn't let it. Maybe Elon Musk would buy one and take it to Mars 😂.. It's his favourite project now 😂