Register Now
Kane99

Ubisoft Responds to Blade Game Rumors

I had no idea there was even rumors of a Blade game being made by Ubisoft, but I guess that isn't happening. Ubisoft recently denied the rumors that they were making a Blade game. But now that we're talking about Blade, maybe there is a chance one day we'll see a Blade game. What studios do you think could make a Blade game? I know there was one for the PS1 that wasn't good by any means, but I could see a new Blade game doing pretty good. 

You can read the news here about this: https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/blade-marvel-game-rumor-ubisoft-response/

I'd love to see Fatshark do a Blade game with Vermintide-like combat, and it'd work better as the single-player game I've always wanted to see them do rather than the cooperative horde stuff they're renowned for. I don't play many Ubisoft games these days so I'm not sure why they'd be a suitable pick. Assassin's Creed's combat I guess...? Blade can do better than that.

Who would you want to see do a Blade game, @Kane99? This article's piqued my interest in who would do a good job of adapting it to vidya.

When Ubisoft is linked to doing something great and it appears they weren't capable of doing it. Pttf!! I have already given up on that company plus with their push for NFTs in video games. 

As for the company I would love to run Blade Game, let's say the developers of Hitman - IO Interactive would do something good with it. 

55 minutes ago, Withywarlock said:

I'd love to see Fatshark do a Blade game with Vermintide-like combat, and it'd work better as the single-player game I've always wanted to see them do rather than the cooperative horde stuff they're renowned for. I don't play many Ubisoft games these days so I'm not sure why they'd be a suitable pick. Assassin's Creed's combat I guess...? Blade can do better than that.

Who would you want to see do a Blade game, @Kane99? This article's piqued my interest in who would do a good job of adapting it to vidya.

I'm honestly not sure. I could see Ubisoft making a great Blade game, but maybe Eidos as they did the Guardians of the Galaxy game and they did a fairly decent job there. Insomniac games I think did the Spider-Man games, so I think they would do a Blade game justice. And it'll be tied into the Marvel side with either Eidos or Insomniac. That or Rocksteady, as they rocked it with the Arkham series over the years. 

10 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

That or Rocksteady, as they rocked it with the Arkham series over the years. 

Now that's a damn fine choice. I'd say it'd be too much like Arkham but it's not like WB had that problem given Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor and Mad Max released not long after one-another. Arkham combat leapfrog.

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Well - that's one less Ubisoft failure we'd have had. I'm actually happy because I just know Ubisoft would ruin it.

The company is in deep clutches right now. I'm not sure if they can successfully work on any big game project right now and afford not to butcher and kill it off. 

On 9/13/2022 at 11:42 PM, Heatman said:

The company is in deep clutches right now. I'm not sure if they can successfully work on any big game project right now and afford not to butcher and kill it off. 

I wouldn't write off Ubisoft because they have a couple of really interesting video games in the past.

Though I Know we shouldn't be expecting any blade Game but if Ubisoft was ever going to work on it the outcome  could be really good.

On 8/23/2022 at 2:57 PM, Withywarlock said:

Now that's a damn fine choice. I'd say it'd be too much like Arkham but it's not like WB had that problem given Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor and Mad Max released not long after one-another. Arkham combat leapfrog.

Yeah it could turn out that way, but that might not be a bad thing. But the whole Arkham formula has kinda gotten stale over the years. Having the same controls for most of the games was nice, but also made it less replayable for me. 

I remember Shadow of Mordor and Mad Max having similar fighting mechanics. I think many games kinda copied it from what I remember. Kinda wish the new gotham knights did, as I hear they strayed from that. 

On 9/13/2022 at 6:42 PM, Heatman said:

Not sure what you mean, but Ubisoft is facing legal actions from people who accused past workers of abuse. I don't know how those cases are going, but it's probably the big thing Ubisoft and team have to deal with these days.