Register Now
Keranov

Refund on a game?

Have you ever requested a refund on a game you purchased? What was the platform from where you purchased the game and did you get a refund?

I never have requested one on my games. I always make sure that I like the game before I decide to buy it. But if something happens Steam offers a full refund.

The only time I needed a refund on a game was a while back. I purchased Mario allstar for the Wii and so did my girlfriend so there was no need for us to have two. Couldn't get my full money back only trade it in for store credit so now I still have two Mario games. 

I refunded some games on Steam 2 years ago during Summer sales. Valve has just had announced the 15day refund program and I kind of abused it by refunding games I never played to buy something during sales.

Amazingly, it worked! I got refunded $40 for 7 different games in JUST 2 DAYS and bought MGS V Ground Zeroes, FTL and Fallout 4. I loved all of them. Money well refunded 😄 

I had to return Super Smash Bros Brawl because my Wii had that problem where it couldn't read dual layered disks. Re-bought it when I got the problem fixed.

I also occasionally traded in games for store credit, the most recent being Arms for Pokemon: Let's Go Eevee

11 hours ago, XXInfectedXx said:

I have never requested a refund on any of my video game collection.  I read the reviews, watch gameplay and finally make sure I know I will enjoy playing it before I purchase it(demo version). I buy all my gaming equipment from either: GAME or Steam and I've never had an issue with either company's.

You must be the most efficient video gamer out there mate, congrats 😛

Never had to refund a game myself, I know with physical disks it's more like Mission Impossible anyway because stores just don't seem to accept them back unwrapped. I know one occasion my parents had to take a game back was when they both bought me the same Pokemon game on DS but even then the store wouldn't take it back, we just ended up selling it on eBay to get at least some of the money back!