Register Now
Kane99

Game Awards returns with new category

The video game awards will be back this December, is anyone excited? I'm more interested in the reveals more than anything, but they will be adding one new category. That new category being best adaptation, as in video games turned into movies, tv shows, comic books and other such media. So you probably won't see the likes of The Last Of Us make the list, but I'm sure they will include the Halo show, that Resident Evil show and I imagine there are a few other game adaptations I'm forgetting. 

Anyway, feel free to discuss what games you think will also make the Game Awards this year. 

https://www.ign.com/articles/the-game-awards-returns-in-december-with-a-new-category?utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A Trending Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR2m5-9UI_yYzXZZyrHagCYvSDPw72xVk0kngiZAT4HNrUsHweM7QVLMY0Y

Edited by Kane99

2 hours ago, Kane99 said:

but I'm sure they will include the Halo show, that Resident Evil show and I imagine there are a few other game adaptations I'm forgetting. 

Some tough competition there for the Cuphead show on Netflix! /s

I'm not really into the Game Awards but I'd be interested in seeing who wins this category for the first time. Thanks for sharing this one, Kane.

2 hours ago, Kane99 said:

The video game awards will be back this December, is anyone excited? I'm more interested in the reveals more than anything, but they will be adding one new category. That new category being best adaptation, as in video games turned into movies, tv shows, comic books and other such media. So you probably won't see the likes of The Last Of Us make the list, but I'm sure they will include the Halo show, that Resident Evil show and I imagine there are a few other game adaptations I'm forgetting. 

Anyway, feel free to discuss what games you think will also make the Game Awards this year. 

https://www.ign.com/articles/the-game-awards-returns-in-december-with-a-new-category?utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A Trending Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR2m5-9UI_yYzXZZyrHagCYvSDPw72xVk0kngiZAT4HNrUsHweM7QVLMY0Y

Arcane: League of Legends would have to be in there, I can't think of any other recent video game adaptation that was a critical success.

14 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I think that there's a very big chance of Sonic the Hedgehog 2 being among the video games adaptations that's going to make the list. It was a decent one. 

15 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

Some tough competition there for the Cuphead show on Netflix! /s

I'm not really into the Game Awards but I'd be interested in seeing who wins this category for the first time. Thanks for sharing this one, Kane.

Nice, I forgot about Cuphead, but I can see that getting included in there. 

15 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

Arcane: League of Legends would have to be in there, I can't think of any other recent video game adaptation that was a critical success.

That show may not be my thing, but I have seen some of the animation and cgi work and It's gotta win something. It's probably a clear frontrunner for that award. 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

I think that there's a very big chance of Sonic the Hedgehog 2 being among the video games adaptations that's going to make the list. It was a decent one. 

Yeah Sonic 2 makes sense as well. I can't think of any other game to movie adaptations out there. Are there any others? 

On 8/23/2022 at 12:28 PM, Kane99 said:

My girlfriend enjoyed Resident Evil but honestly they make almost every show now sooo political or gender conscious related that it was almost impossible for me to "enjoy enjoy" considering playing the games on the Ps1< ofc I used cheats butttt same same but different XD

Would be cool to see a movie adaption of left 4 dead.

EOS

Hoping HFW wins it, that was GOTY for me, also hoping GT7 wins some price, i also really enjoyed that game. I'm one of the few who thinks elden ring was nothing special. Sure, i enjoyed playing it but that's that, i think it was actually a step backwards from bloodborne and the demon souls remake.

It's interesting to see the game award returning this year, but I don't think it went exile for long. At the moment, I've not played much games, and I wouldn't pick any one to contest for any major prize in the game awards. As for the new features, it looks amazing to see movie adaptation being added to video game awards. 

On 8/24/2022 at 6:05 AM, Empire Of Sight said:

My girlfriend enjoyed Resident Evil but honestly they make almost every show now sooo political or gender conscious related that it was almost impossible for me to "enjoy enjoy" considering playing the games on the Ps1< ofc I used cheats butttt same same but different XD

Would be cool to see a movie adaption of left 4 dead.

EOS

We are going to see what Capcom is going to do with the Remake of Resident Evil 4. If they get it right, I'm very sure that it's going to be a blast!! 

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Ummm - the Halo Show is on the terrible side though. I got a chance to watch the first three episodes and I was so turned off, I didn't bother going any further. To say I was disappointed is an understatement.

Are you serious about that? I haven't gotten the chance to have any of them watched and if you have that to say about just three episodes of it, I don't really think it's worth spending my time on.