Register Now
DC

PGA Tour 2K23 Launches This October, Tiger Woods Cover Athlete

Golfing games aren't really my thing, but seeing Limmy playing them makes me want to try them. Might be worth me starting with this one when it comes out, especially if it's the "role playing" game the Xbox store page tells me it is. 🤣

I have to say I love the cover art; makes a nice change from the dreary box art I've seen of late.

Regarding it not being ruined by microtransactions, it's 2K who have been known to fill NBA with bloated microtransactional content. It must be difficult to ruin a golfing game with such things, surely? I won't hold my breath waiting to find out...

tiger-woods-pga-tour-2k23.jpg

Edited by Withywarlock

It's taken like almost forever for Woods to get back into this which it's taken them almost 10 years to do that. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this one and hopefully it's going to exactly what we golf lovers look out for in games. As for microtransactions ; they can't leave it out. The question would be how much would they dump in it? 

Edited by Heatman

I remember when he was taken off as the cover star for the PGA games. He had that car accident and then allegations of infidelity and all that and he started to lose more in golf. But, I gotta say I do like a redemption story, so hopefully he can keep healthy and not do anything dumb. I imagine he gets paid a ton to be the cover star again. I mean, they made that game originally about him. 

Interestingly I haven't played any  PGA or golfing related games In the past.

Played a variety of 2k games and I am still skeptical about getting anything from the studios. I did have plans to get into golfing irl and maybe I could use this game to start my golfing journey.

Hopefully it is released and is as Appealing as I have envisioned it to be.

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Sorry to disappoint you @DC but knowing 2K Games, the microtransactions will likely be every more intrusive than the previous year. They're a greedy lot and it's the same thing in other 2k titles such as NBA 2k or WWE 2K.

If we would be looking at the record set by 2K Games towards what they are likely to do with this game, there wouldn't be any hope at for it. Their greed wouldn't let them do the right thing with the game and it's going to suck very hard. 

I thought by now we've already gotten used to what 2k games does and the micro transactions that is always featured in their video games.

At this point I am not concerned if they still choose to go that Lane but I am only hoping the design and performance isn't as buggy as what we got in WWE 2k22 and other WWE Games they've developed in recent times.

If the performance of this game is good and comes with quality game play just like what we have in fortnite I think that would compensate for all the micro transactions that is in them.

On 8/25/2022 at 11:36 AM, Clasher said:

Interestingly I haven't played any  PGA or golfing related games In the past.

Played a variety of 2k games and I am still skeptical about getting anything from the studios. I did have plans to get into golfing irl and maybe I could use this game to start my golfing journey.

Hopefully it is released and is as Appealing as I have envisioned it to be.

Yeah to be fair I don't play a lot of golf games. Last golf games I played were old ones on PC and maybe a demo disc on PS2 or something. I think I played one of the pga games at my sister's house years ago. But that's been it. 

They're fun to play, but better with friends. I probably won't play this pga game, but if I got it for free I might play it lol. 

14 hours ago, Clasher said:

I thought by now we've already gotten used to what 2k games does and the micro transactions that is always featured in their video games.

At this point I am not concerned if they still choose to go that Lane but I am only hoping the design and performance isn't as buggy as what we got in WWE 2k22 and other WWE Games they've developed in recent times.

If the performance of this game is good and comes with quality game play just like what we have in fortnite I think that would compensate for all the micro transactions that is in them.

Some of my friends have already given up on 2K games because of what they are always culpable in doing with their game's design. It's just like some quiting their wrestling games and asking for them to take a bow from making WWE games. I really hope they don't screw with this golf game because it might be my last of it. 

33 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah to be fair I don't play a lot of golf games. Last golf games I played were old ones on PC and maybe a demo disc on PS2 or something. I think I played one of the pga games at my sister's house years ago. But that's been it. 

They're fun to play, but better with friends. I probably won't play this pga game, but if I got it for free I might play it lol. 

I played one funny golf sometime back. It's a golf game like the Burnout racing franchise where you're to use the golf ball to cause a lot of damage. The game is called Dangerous Golf. 

6 hours ago, Heatman said:

I played one funny golf sometime back. It's a golf game like the Burnout racing franchise where you're to use the golf ball to cause a lot of damage. The game is called Dangerous Golf. 

I've heard of Dangerous Golf, but have never played it. I played Golf with your friends a few times. Some of my friends are really into it, and I've also played it for a couple game nights at the community I work for. 

Golf games are fun with you have some people to play along. 

19 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I've heard of Dangerous Golf, but have never played it. I played Golf with your friends a few times. Some of my friends are really into it, and I've also played it for a couple game nights at the community I work for. 

Golf games are fun with you have some people to play along. 

The normal golf course games are good to play with friends. In fact, it's the best way to truly enjoy playing the game. But it's not what Dangerous Golf gives you. It's a game you played when you want to be very destructive. 

On 8/25/2022 at 4:09 PM, Heatman said:

If we would be looking at the record set by 2K Games towards what they are likely to do with this game, there wouldn't be any hope at for it. Their greed wouldn't let them do the right thing with the game and it's going to suck very hard. 

Exactly - it's like hoping to go outside and find a Unicorn waiting on you. It's not going to happen...

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

Exactly - it's like hoping to go outside and find a Unicorn waiting on you. It's not going to happen...

That's a very descriptive frictional explanation 😂. I think that generally 2K is out of their depths with what they can do with games they develop. They can't give it up and they can't do a good job.