Register Now
DC

PGA Tour 2K23 Launches This October, Tiger Woods Cover Athlete

Wait a second, I just realized something. This isn't EA Sports PGA Golf game. I didn't know that 2K was making golf games, now I'm kinda curious. How the hell did I miss this? This is the third 2K PGA Tour game right? I think they took the license during 2K21. 

Oh wait, EA is still doing their own PGA Tour game. 

Edited by Kane99

11 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Wait a second, I just realized something. This isn't EA Sports PGA Golf game. I didn't know that 2K was making golf games, now I'm kinda curious. How the hell did I miss this? This is the third 2K PGA Tour game right? I think they took the license during 2K21. 

Both companies are well aware that there are lots of gamers out there who are into playing golf video games. It's basically the reason why they are both pushing for their franchise on the game to be on the forefront. I don't even know between them who to trust more to do something better. What do you think? 

18 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Two different games by two different companies with the same greedy mentality. I can see why you got confused 🤣

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Two different games by two different companies with the same greedy mentality. I can see why you got confused 🤣

EA is definitely a lesser evil than 2K when it comes to the company that's really out to down gamers. 2K have been the very worst. There's even an article that throws more light on how horrible 2K have been towards gamers. 

https://www.thegamer.com/2k-hates-gamers-ea-nba2k-gta-online/

On 8/31/2022 at 3:51 PM, Heatman said:

EA is definitely a lesser evil than 2K when it comes to the company that's really out to down gamers. 2K have been the very worst. There's even an article that throws more light on how horrible 2K have been towards gamers. 

I know about most of 2kGames' discretions and you'd be right - I mean they've sent thugs to intimidate gamers already so they'd actually be the worst.

21 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I know about most of 2kGames' discretions and you'd be right - I mean they've sent thugs to intimidate gamers already so they'd actually be the worst.

Seriously, I think that 2K should have faced something similar to what Activision Blizzard faced that led to the sell of the company to Microsoft. They are really horrible and hurting the industry. 

On 8/31/2022 at 7:39 AM, Heatman said:

Both companies are well aware that there are lots of gamers out there who are into playing golf video games. It's basically the reason why they are both pushing for their franchise on the game to be on the forefront. I don't even know between them who to trust more to do something better. What do you think? 

It's just that I had no idea that 2K was allowed to use the PGA Tour name. I looked up their golf game, and I guess their golf games used to be the Golf Club series. I forgot they even had golf games under their sports series. 

I am more inclined to side with 2K, as EA has a worse track record. But 2K is owned by Take Two, so we know how greedy that company has gotten over the years with Rockstar and others. 

On 8/31/2022 at 2:36 PM, killamch89 said:

Haha fair! 😄 

On 8/31/2022 at 4:51 PM, Heatman said:

Idk, I feel like EA is still worse in many ways, but 2K isn't far behind them. 

22 hours ago, Kane99 said:

It's just that I had no idea that 2K was allowed to use the PGA Tour name. I looked up their golf game, and I guess their golf games used to be the Golf Club series. I forgot they even had golf games under their sports series. 

I am more inclined to side with 2K, as EA has a worse track record. But 2K is owned by Take Two, so we know how greedy that company has gotten over the years with Rockstar and others. 

Haha fair! 😄 

Idk, I feel like EA is still worse in many ways, but 2K isn't far behind them. 

In all honesty, I can't understand or be able to justify what both companies have been doing with most of the game's franchise they are working on. When you think that they are getting better, they will give you the worst shocker you never saw coming. 

On 9/3/2022 at 4:51 PM, Heatman said:

In all honesty, I can't understand or be able to justify what both companies have been doing with most of the game's franchise they are working on. When you think that they are getting better, they will give you the worst shocker you never saw coming. 

I mean they did purchase the licenses and have had them for some time so it's not like anyone can get them to relinquished it just like that. Plus they make lots of money off those games annually so they don't have any real impetus to improve the quality of them.