Register Now
Techno

Gamescom 2022

Well it's about time. Two new trailers dropped for the new Dead Island 2. A trailer for gameplay and a cinematic one. The gameplay trailer can be viewed above, and I gotta admit, it looks pretty good. 

Here's the cinematic trailer below. What do you think? 

Looks like Dune is getting a game adaptation. I feel like there already is a game based on Dune, but I could be wrong. Either way, this cinematic trailer doesn't say much, but I'm interested to see what they do with a Dune game. Check out the trailer below and give your thoughts. At the end of the trailer it reveals itself to be an open world mmo, so that's interesting. 

Edited by Kane99

Another reveal at Gamescom, this one is called Lies of P and looks to be an action adventure game. It kinda looks like your usual Dark Souls games. From the gameplay, atmosphere, and themes, but it looks really cool. Wish I chad the patience for tougher games like this. 

This one looks cool, it's said to be set in medieval China, and is a supernatural swordfighting action-adventure game from Everstone Studios. It kinda reminds me of a mix of a samurai game and Assassins Creed in some regards. They had me at supernatural swordfighting! 😄 Oh, and you can run on water, so there's that! 

A new action RPG from the team behind Lords of the Fallen and The Surge. I haven't played either, but I heard both games were pretty decent. The trailer for Atlas Fallen doesn't show a whole lot, it's mostly another cinematic trailer, as to be expected. 

Anyway, is this going to be one of those games you check out when it drops? I think I'll pass. It's only releasing on new gen and PC. 

Gamescom has a ton of trailers today. And it looks like we got a new trailer for an upcoming Outlast game, called The Outlast Trials. I guess it has multiplayer, but not sure how it works just yet. I think it will have co-op where you and others have to work together. Or it might have modes where you can face off against others. That'd be really cool, especially in Outlast. 

Also, I guess there is a closed beta you can sign up for, probably requiring you to pre-order to get access, at least that's my guess. 

7 minutes ago, Shagger said:

We appreciate you putting up these Gamescom trailers @Kane99, but for convivence sake and to avoid clutter, I'm going to merge these topics into the Pinned Gamescom 2022 Thread under the Gaming Forum.

Well the whole point was to make topics to discuss just the games in their own spaces, since a lot of them don't yet have their own topics. I figured this topic would be a good place to discuss the show itself, what our favorite reveals were and so on. 

Edited by Kane99

10 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Well the whole point was to make topics to discuss just the games in their own spaces, since a lot of them don't yet have their own topics. I figured this topic would be a good place to discuss the show itself, what our favorite reveals were and so on. 

It's quite possible to discuss these individual games on the Gamescom thread as well. This just makes it easier for everyone to see what was revealed at Gamescom without having to move in and out of individual topics. If it's OK, I would to do my job and make a decision for the the forum without getting talked back if you don't mind. We can look at individual topics for these games as the release dates, new trailers and so on get revealed.

Edited by Shagger

On Topic

The  Outlast Trials

Most definitely The dud for me. Spin-offs of horror/survival games never turn out well, so I have no faith in thIS whatsoever.

Dead Island 2

Not really my sort sort of thing, but it does look quite good for what it is. I'll keep an eye on that one.

Dune

That short cinematic didn't really tell us anything, but i feel movie licenced games are at least taken seriously enough that we see something quite good out of it in the end, but I'm gonna keep my expectations low.

Where Winds Meet

If this isn't quite as close to an AC rip of as it looks in this trailer, then it has real potential. One thing for certain is it needs some serious work and polish as the graphics were a bit muddy and the game was very choppy in that trailer. Hopefully, in the final game those issues will be addressed.

Lies of P

As a storytelling experience, possibly the most promising game I've seen so far from Gamescom. The world is cool, very steampunk in it's aesthetics, but I am a little concerned that combat and action might not be up to snuff. If it is, then this has real potential.

Atlas Fallen

By far the most promising game I've seen from Gamescom so far. I'm getting Horizon Zero Dawn/ Forbidden West crossed with Platinum games style action vibes. The art style was striking, the combat looked empowering and the set up for the story looked very interesting and I already want to know more about that world. The team behind Dune must feel a little shat on with this game announced with such a good trailer at the same show. Trust me, this is the one to watch out for, I promise you.

Edited by Shagger

Life Of P looks outstanding, it's probably the game I'm most interested in. High On Life was kind of annoying to me, the constant jokes about the toxic sludge just got on my nerves. I guess Atlas looked cool but I didn't really care about it.

I think the only thing that was interesting to me was maybe the new Dead Island game. I remember playing the original with friends, so there's some nostalgia there. The Lies of P game looks good, but looks tough so idk if it's for me. 

The Outlast Trials looks scary spooky, too scary spooky for me though. 

The two games that caught my interest immediately would be Life Of P and Atlas Fallen. 

One thing that sure looks like it's going to be solid enough would be the game's combat system. It's a big thing for such games and once they get it right, it's going to pull a lot of games in.