Register Now
DC

MultiVersus Surpasses 20 Million Players in One Month

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/multiversus-exceeds-20-million-players-within-a-month/1100-6506730/

The free-to-play 2v2 platform fighting game MultiVersus has been very successful since its July open beta launch. There are already 20 million players enjoying the action of what GameSpot referred to as “one of the best platform fighting games ever made.” Have you had a chance to try out MultiVersus yet?

That is honestly pretty impressive. Now the question is, how long can they keep those 20 million players coming back. I can see them sticking around for a long time if they constantly update this game. They would need to in order to keep the users around. They need to reinvent themselves every so often, much like how Fortnite does things and changes every season for the most part. 

On 8/23/2022 at 11:22 PM, Kane99 said:

That is honestly pretty impressive. Now the question is, how long can they keep those 20 million players coming back. I can see them sticking around for a long time if they constantly update this game. They would need to in order to keep the users around. They need to reinvent themselves every so often, much like how Fortnite does things and changes every season for the most part. 

I could remember we had a conversation about this game @Kane99 and I said the hype that it got is always going to get people into playing the game but so far I am not hearing much about it on the internet to give us the impression that's it's doing really well.

I am impressed by this as well though I already gave up the thought of getting this game.

Always bear in mind when reading about this game that Smash fans have a history of being a bit territorial and will do a bit of work to make sure others are with them in seeing Smash as the only option out there. Would have been fun if they made all characters unlocked for online mp. Having to play the same few characters over and over before I can unlock just one sucks

Edited by Empire

13 hours ago, Clasher said:

I could remember we had a conversation about this game @Kane99 and I said the hype that it got is always going to get people into playing the game but so far I am not hearing much about it on the internet to give us the impression that's it's doing really well.

I am impressed by this as well though I already gave up the thought of getting this game.

It's starting to go down a bit in popularity, but it's still highly watched on Twitch and other streaming platforms. Not sure how long that hype will last though. I think it will find a spot where it's concurrent, and gets about the same amount of players a week. But I think it'll fall under whatever Fortnite, Apex Legends and GTA V do number wise. 

If they keep bringing in interesting characters and charge for them fairly, I think it will keep those players coming. Much like with Fortnite these days. 

When a game is interesting and free to play, what do you expect? Definitely users will crowd, just as they're playing Fortnite today. I am not surprise seeing this figure (20m) players embracing 'MultiVersus 2v2 game, the game is fun fighting game. 

7 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

When a game is interesting and free to play, what do you expect? Definitely users will crowd, just as they're playing Fortnite today. I am not surprise seeing this figure (20m) players embracing 'MultiVersus 2v2 game, the game is fun fighting game. 

I don't think being free to play automatically means it will do good though or that a lot of people will download it. There are many free to play games out there that have come out and didn't become popular enough to survive. 

But it does help entice people over to check it out. 

28 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

I don't think being free to play automatically means it will do good though or that a lot of people will download it. There are many free to play games out there that have come out and didn't become popular enough to survive. 

But it does help entice people over to check it out. 

What you said is true, but I added the word 'interesting, because, if you play the game and find it so interesting you'll definitely recommend it to another. That's actually what I mean by that game, and that is the reason why it got to that high number of active players. 

Edited by Justin11

33 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

What you said is true, but I added the word 'interesting, because, if you play the game and find it so interesting you'll definitely recommend it to another. That's actually what I mean by that game, and that is the reason why it got to that high number of active players. 

Just saying, even an interesting game could fail as a free to play game. It helps for something to look good, interesting, entertaining etc. But it doesn't always mean that game will do well. 

Marvel Heroes was a free to play game that should have been better. It was free to play, allowed you to be a superhero I think, and of course the marvel characters. It had every chance to succeed but it failed. 

There was also this cool looking mech game that was online and free to play. It had really good graphics, but I don't remember much else about it. I remember downloading it on my 360 I think, and trying it once and hating it. I also don't think there was many people playing. 

The good thing about free to play as well, is that you can try the game out and if you don't like it, and you didn't spend a dime on it, that's a win in my book lol. 😄

1 hour ago, Kane99 said:

Just saying, even an interesting game could fail as a free to play game. It helps for something to look good, interesting, entertaining etc. But it doesn't always mean that game will do well. 

Marvel Heroes was a free to play game that should have been better. It was free to play, allowed you to be a superhero I think, and of course the marvel characters. It had every chance to succeed but it failed. 

There was also this cool looking mech game that was online and free to play. It had really good graphics, but I don't remember much else about it. I remember downloading it on my 360 I think, and trying it once and hating it. I also don't think there was many people playing. 

The good thing about free to play as well, is that you can try the game out and if you don't like it, and you didn't spend a dime on it, that's a win in my book lol. 😄

Guy, what you said is damn truth. When you download a free to play game using a Wi-Fi or LAN and the game failed to lite up, you didn't lose a dime. That's why free to play games attract lots of players because they aren't going to lose a dime playing the game. I have lots of mobile games I downloaded in the past using WiFi, they didn't live up to the standard and I had to delete them off. For me, I didn't lose, because I never paid money downloading those games. 

On 8/27/2022 at 10:14 AM, Justin11 said:

It's not so much free to play as the gameplay which is actually fun to play. It's a somewhat valid alternative to the Smash series and that's not something to take lightly.

On 8/30/2022 at 7:47 PM, killamch89 said:

It's not so much free to play as the gameplay which is actually fun to play. It's a somewhat valid alternative to the Smash series and that's not something to take lightly.

I understand your saying, in most cases, it isn't about free to play, it is about what the game can offer, the amazing features of the game. I believe it was tbe reason why lots of gamers got into playing this one. 

I kind of wasn't surprised at the number of active players that's jumped into the new game MultiVersus. Gamers would most likely be interested in checking it out just to be sure it's worth playing or not. Since it's free to play, that made it much easier for a lot to play it. 

On 9/18/2022 at 10:36 PM, Heatman said:

I kind of wasn't surprised at the number of active players that's jumped into the new game MultiVersus. Gamers would most likely be interested in checking it out just to be sure it's worth playing or not. Since it's free to play, that made it much easier for a lot to play it. 

Me either, I have always anticipated people would be willing to get in on the game though I am not really fascinated by it but from what I have heard it isn't such a bad video game.