Register Now
DC

Indie developer Rob Hale passes away

https://www.pcgamer.com/indie-developer-rob-hale-has-died-posthumously-making-their-games-free-to-enjoy/

Fans of indie game developer Rob Hale “Squid in a Box” will be sad to learn that he recently died from cancer. Among their final wishes was that gamers be able to download Waves and Waves 2 for free from Steam. We are upset that Rob is no longer with us, but no one should miss this opportunity to experience their legacy.

RIP

Very sad to see. To be honest, I'd never heard of him nor his work, but any death is tragic and clear from what I've seen he was a passionate and much loved game developer. His last wish has come true and both Waves and Waves 2: Notorious are free on steam right now. If you can, like @DC said, take the chance to enjoy this legacy.

Isn't cancer even a worst and wicked silent killer that we don't have a way out of fully when it strikes? HIV/AIDS is even more merciful. As long as you do your meds, you can live out your life in peace but with cancer, it's a hard road down to pain and suffering. 

RIP Rob Hale!! 

I'm sorry to hear that. May he rest in peace. I can't say I heard of him, or his games either, but it's clear he had some talent for game development. I may check his games out and give them a try. 

Would be cool if this resulted in him having the most downloaded game for the week or month. 

On 8/24/2022 at 12:15 PM, Empire said:

What an amazing gesture. I hope that his loved ones can take solace in the joy that his work will continue to bring.

Yeah, the man left a legacy and hopefully it's going to keep his memory going for a very long time. If he's death doesn't make him to stop being relevant, he's defeated death already in my book.