Register Now
DC

GTA creator reports Rockstar places copyright strikes on his prototype videos

That's their company and property, if they don't like the way their contents are used on social platforms, they can take it down by law. But it wouldn't make sense they do this kind of stuffs to their workers, who are promoting their arts to gain more sales via their own video sharing platforms. They should be fair with their copyright policy, and not strike all the time when their contents are used. 

53 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

That's their company and property, if they don't like the way their contents are used on social platforms, they can take it down by law. But it wouldn't make sense they do this kind of stuffs to their workers, who are promoting their arts to gain more sales via their own video sharing platforms. They should be fair with their copyright policy, and not strike all the time when their contents are used. 

True, they have every right to take the content down, but I feel it's petty at this point, considering it's old and dated content that doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. I doubt TakeTwo/Rockstar cares what this old content shows. They just want to use their power on people because they can. 

14 hours ago, Kane99 said:

True, they have every right to take the content down, but I feel it's petty at this point, considering it's old and dated content that doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. I doubt TakeTwo/Rockstar cares what this old content shows. They just want to use their power on people because they can. 

You're right, I erny through the article somewhat, I noticed that the content have existed long ago. I was thinking it is fresh content, but after spending time on the content, I found out that Rockstar is just taking it too personal. 

16 hours ago, Justin11 said:

You're right, I erny through the article somewhat, I noticed that the content have existed long ago. I was thinking it is fresh content, but after spending time on the content, I found out that Rockstar is just taking it too personal. 

It is his game and he must have felt annoyed by the trolls that came with the GTA 6 leaks. You can't blame him for deciding to take that kind of action on an issue such as this.

On 10/4/2022 at 9:25 AM, The Blackangel said:

They're about like any other studio in that regards. Overworked, underpaid, impossible deadlines, and hellish working conditions. I don't think there's a single studio that threats their employees like anything other than worker ants. And it's all to keep their investors happy. If people would strike just one single time, I guarantee you things would change. Unfortunately, that's not going to happen.

They also don't have unions in the gaming industry so companies can continue to get away with this kind of injustice with minimal repercussions. We've had one or two strikes in recent years but nothing have hardly come of that either. It's just casually swept under the rug like everything else they want to hide from the public. 

15 hours ago, Ajibusu said:

It is his game and he must have felt annoyed by the trolls that came with the GTA 6 leaks. You can't blame him for deciding to take that kind of action on an issue such as this.

When you don't want something to leak, you have to do everything possible to keep it secret and away from the public information. Because any small lingering can cause a leak, that's the case with Take-two/Rockstar.