Register Now
NightmareFarm

Game plots with bad stories but great climaxes?

Final Fantasy XV.
The plot is super weak and you can constantly tell they had to move stuff around or change things (especially if you played it before any DLC was out) but the final dungeon/boss fight/secret ending parts are all excellent.

3 minutes ago, Tonberry said:

Final Fantasy XV.
The plot is super weak and you can constantly tell they had to move stuff around or change things (especially if you played it before any DLC was out) but the final dungeon/boss fight/secret ending parts are all excellent.

Understandable. I'd say the plot was almost bad but Ardyn really carried it nearing the end of the game.

17 minutes ago, NightmareFarm said:

Understandable. I'd say the plot was almost bad but Ardyn really carried it nearing the end of the game.

Agreed. I really really like the main 4 heroes and their dynamic but they're more like, good despite the story being weak, not what makes it good, if that makes sense.

58 minutes ago, Tonberry said:

Agreed. I really really like the main 4 heroes and their dynamic but they're more like, good despite the story being weak, not what makes it good, if that makes sense.

Yeah. And that. To me those 4 and Ardyn are what carried it for me. I would have probably stopped playing if it wasn't for their fun brotherly road trip dynamic. 

I think more JRPGs can take cues from this and have more games where the party only has about 4 characters since that's part of why their dynamic works well. 

2 hours ago, Tonberry said:

Final Fantasy XV.

The more I think about it that's true of a lot of games in the Final Fantasy Franchise.  I've given Final Fantasy XIII a very hard time but the ending was actually pretty decent. 

I think the Just Cause games have boring stories that I don't really pay attention to, but the end of one of the newer games sees you flying around in a tornado near the end I believe. It's one of those games I have more fun just flying around with my wingsuit than I do playing the actual story lol. 

Batman Arkham Knight is the very best at this when it comes to having a game's plot feel like it's falling off half away but right there boom in the end, it's got something that's make it worth the letdown that dragged on for too long. 

16 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I think the Just Cause games have boring stories that I don't really pay attention to, but the end of one of the newer games sees you flying around in a tornado near the end I believe. It's one of those games I have more fun just flying around with my wingsuit than I do playing the actual story lol. 

In all the games From the just cause series I think just cause 4 is really hard to judge, the beginning is quite interesting towards the middle a little shady but the end good as well, the world of the adventure game is beautiful to look and explore though so I guess it fits into the stereotype but not fully immersed in it.

18 hours ago, Heatman said:

Batman Arkham Knight is the very best at this when it comes to having a game's plot feel like it's falling off half away but right there boom in the end, it's got something that's make it worth the letdown that dragged on for too long. 

That game felt like it dragged on forever

14 hours ago, Clasher said:

In all the games From the just cause series I think just cause 4 is really hard to judge, the beginning is quite interesting towards the middle a little shady but the end good as well, the world of the adventure game is beautiful to look and explore though so I guess it fits into the stereotype but not fully immersed in it.

I feel like each Just Cause game has the same exact story. A monster dictator is in power, destroy all of his territory until you take it all out. They haven't changed much since Just Cause 2. The rest add a few things here and there, but that's about it. The story in the games are always forgettable imo. 

2 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I feel like each Just Cause game has the same exact story. A monster dictator is in power, destroy all of his territory until you take it all out. They haven't changed much since Just Cause 2. The rest add a few things here and there, but that's about it. The story in the games are always forgettable imo. 

I only played just cause 2 And just cause 4 so I can't really say what happened in the other games.

My comments were on just cause 4 that it had a good beginning and towards the middle wasn't remarkable but the end was great as well , it's really hard to judge the overall performance of that game.

19 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Square Enix just recently confirmed the development of the next Just Cause game being the 5th release of the game's series. I don't really think they would still have much changes to make in the game but just cook up the same thing in a different way only with better graphics all over again.