Register Now
NightmareFarm

Game plots with bad stories but great climaxes?

21 hours ago, Clasher said:

I only played just cause 2 And just cause 4 so I can't really say what happened in the other games.

My comments were on just cause 4 that it had a good beginning and towards the middle wasn't remarkable but the end was great as well , it's really hard to judge the overall performance of that game.

Yeah just saying that they are pretty much the same games, you're not missing much. I'd argue 3 is the better game, but 4 is essentially the same game but prettier. Also the wingsuit is one of my favorite things about the game. 

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

Square Enix just recently confirmed the development of the next Just Cause game being the 5th release of the game's series. I don't really think they would still have much changes to make in the game but just cook up the same thing in a different way only with better graphics all over again. 

Awesome news honestly. But I won't expect much from it as it'll just be the same game with some added fixes and a few changes. I think 4 introduced tornadoes and I think some small things, but that was pretty much it. 

19 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Awesome news honestly. But I won't expect much from it as it'll just be the same game with some added fixes and a few changes. I think 4 introduced tornadoes and I think some small things, but that was pretty much it. 

If you ask me, I'd say that Square Enix have been in decline for the last couple of years now. They are battling with a lot of mismanagement and it's affecting them very much. I hope they do something decent with the new Just Cause 5 game. Some of their stuido was sold recently if I remembered correctly. 

On 8/24/2022 at 3:18 PM, Kane99 said:

I think the Just Cause games have boring stories that I don't really pay attention to, but the end of one of the newer games sees you flying around in a tornado near the end I believe. It's one of those games I have more fun just flying around with my wingsuit than I do playing the actual story lol. 

Agreed - I never pay attention to the story in Just Cause games because I know that it'll be lacklustre but using the Wingsuit and cables to get around is pretty entertaining.

On 8/26/2022 at 6:02 PM, Heatman said:

Square Enix just recently confirmed the development of the next Just Cause game being the 5th release of the game's series. I don't really think they would still have much changes to make in the game but just cook up the same thing in a different way only with better graphics all over again. 

I bet you any money that Square Enix will ruin it.

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I bet you any money that Square Enix will ruin it.

I wouldn't say that I don't see that happening either but we only hope for them to decide one day and say f**k it, these guys needs something good and so let's give it to them. Well, it's only my wishful thinking though!! 

I would like to switch this a bit. Instead of a game with a bad story but good climax, I'm going to list a couple games that had decent to great stories, but had a bad ending. One that comes to mind is GTA IV. I love GTA IV, but that ending was such a letdown. I always expected the story to end when you took out the dude you were after. I honestly don't remember much about the ending. 

Also, Assassin's Creed 3 had a great story, but the lamest of endings. You literally chase down the enemy at the end and it ends in a cutscene. I wanted to fight that dude at the end, not chase him down a boat that's on fire. So dumb.

But yeah, these games had lame climaxes imo. 

14 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I would like to switch this a bit. Instead of a game with a bad story but good climax, I'm going to list a couple games that had decent to great stories, but had a bad ending. 

Going by this, there are few games that I could mention which did good generally but ended badly. Some of them are ;

1. Mass Effect 3

2. Borderlands

3. Batman: Arkham Asylum

4. Halo 2

21 hours ago, Heatman said:

I wouldn't say that I don't see that happening either but we only hope for them to decide one day and say f**k it, these guys needs something good and so let's give it to them. Well, it's only my wishful thinking though!! 

Going by their recent releases, I'd just want them to make a bug-free and functional game. It seems that only Final Fantasy games they put a lot of effort into while not really caring about the rest.

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Going by their recent releases, I'd just want them to make a bug-free and functional game. It seems that only Final Fantasy games they put a lot of effort into while not really caring about the rest.

Yeah, that's true with specifies on Final Fantasy 7 Remake. You couldn't have asked for a far better game than that from Square Enix. I was very much impressed and satisfied with their efforts in developing the game. 

On 8/24/2022 at 10:02 PM, Heatman said:

Batman Arkham Knight is the very best at this when it comes to having a game's plot feel like it's falling off half away but right there boom in the end, it's got something that's make it worth the letdown that dragged on for too long. 

That game absolutely dragged. I liked the way it concluded but overall the campaign felt like a slog to me. 

13 hours ago, NightmareFarm said:

That game absolutely dragged. I liked the way it concluded but overall the campaign felt like a slog to me. 

Seriously, I don't even know which one between Batman: Arkham Origins and Batman Arkham Knight which one was dragged too long more than its expected. Do you consider playing the next Batman game "The Gotham Knights" they are working on? 

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, I don't even know which one between Batman: Arkham Origins and Batman Arkham Knight which one was dragged too long more than its expected. Do you consider playing the next Batman game "The Gotham Knights" they are working on? 

Origins didn't feel like it dragged too much to me and was the best arkham plot imo. 

Nah, gotham knights looks very janky to me like it's a PS3 game. The new suicide squad game looks very cool however.

17 hours ago, NightmareFarm said:

Origins didn't feel like it dragged too much to me and was the best arkham plot imo. 

Nah, gotham knights looks very janky to me like it's a PS3 game. The new suicide squad game looks very cool however.

Yeah, you're right. Batman: Arkham Origins was certainly better in its plot development. I did enjoyed the game. 

The Gotham Knights looks like it's going to be very chaotic from the way I see it. 

On 9/21/2022 at 10:00 AM, NightmareFarm said:

I think it may be due to it being the shortest game in the series. Plus I don't remember, but didn't it have less collectibles you had to worry about? I know City and Knight had you collect a shit ton of stuff, so that makes it longer. Origins had the riddler trophies too, but I don't think there was nearly as much in City and Knight. 

To me it just looks like much of the same, which is good and bad imo. Good in that it'll probably be easy to pick up and play whenever you want. Or bad in that it could not have changed enough to be worth playing. That's one thing I worry about the most. Because the Arkham series didn't change a whole lot in terms of gameplay, so if it's much of the same, it will be easy to get into, but may get boring quick. 

I'm looking forward to the Suicide Squad game, because it looks so much different from the Arkham series. And looks like a ton of fun too. 

33 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

I think it may be due to it being the shortest game in the series. Plus I don't remember, but didn't it have less collectibles you had to worry about? I know City and Knight had you collect a shit ton of stuff, so that makes it longer. Origins had the riddler trophies too, but I don't think there was nearly as much in City and Knight. 

To me it just looks like much of the same, which is good and bad imo. Good in that it'll probably be easy to pick up and play whenever you want. Or bad in that it could not have changed enough to be worth playing. That's one thing I worry about the most. Because the Arkham series didn't change a whole lot in terms of gameplay, so if it's much of the same, it will be easy to get into, but may get boring quick. 

I'm looking forward to the Suicide Squad game, because it looks so much different from the Arkham series. And looks like a ton of fun too. 

Yeah, it definitely did feel shorter than the other Arkham games. 

GK looks very different to me, especially since it's a co op game and is meant to be an RPG. 

SS looks great. The party dynamic looks very fun as well as the chaotic gameplay. 

9 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah, it's surely going to be a little bit different from what we had in playing all the Arkham video games series. Even going further to look at how the Suicide Squad movie differed from the Batman's movie gives you an insight that it's going to be different in the game.