Register Now
Gonassis

Do you use SteamDB? and if you do, what do you use it for?

So I like taking a look at steamDB from time to time, for various reasons, to see stats on various games, sales, total lifetime of players, and more.

It's very useful for being a free thing. 😉
this data is very useful to know. It also helps me decide on whether to purchase games, sometimes based on some data that interests me. 📈📉🚫

What do you use SteamDB for if you do?

Here's the site: https://steamdb.info/

16260300-868e-11eb-8e0d-9fcdade210e1

839365132_Screenshot2022-08-24at23-34-57SteamDB.thumb.png.ba90be529e2f87de4eda448db2c1f098.png

Unless it's a multiplayer only title where the amount of people currently playing the game does matter, I couldn't care less how many people have bought a certain game. I can decide for myself with the aid of reviews and ratings whether I want to buy a game or not. A game's popularity or obscurity are non-factors for me.

This is the first time I have ever used the steam database. I guess it's cool to have these details, especially it being open to everyone. But I don't see myself ever using this for anything. But I'm sure someone who likes to keep track of this stuff will find great use with it. 

8 hours ago, Empire said:

I know about it and I have used the site but not that often, Just to check the stats about games and whatnot more then profiles as some of the readings are not on the point and true anyway. 

Yeah, now that I know what it's useful for, I could use it to find out what games are dead. I checked Gotham City Impostors on the steam db, and it came back with 5 people in game:

Screenshot_20220828-153154_Edge.jpg

On 8/29/2022 at 3:32 AM, Kane99 said:

Yeah, now that I know what it's useful for, I could use it to find out what games are dead. I checked Gotham City Impostors on the steam db, and it came back with 5 people in game:

Screenshot_20220828-153154_Edge.jpg

yeah, it's a totally useful tool for people who dig into the information for various reasons, though for people like me, it's good to satisfy my curiosity.

Also, you can see the prices for the steam regional pricing, and also see the lowest price when a game has been on sale historically. 😁

On 9/2/2022 at 8:42 AM, killamch89 said:

I normally use it to look up Steam Sale Events and check if games I'm interested in have some kind of discount or deal.

yeah, it's also interesting for me to check how different the prices are for the steam regional pricing. 😁

When it was first discovered, people used to buy games and steam codes in the turkish or cheaper regions to gift or sell, now that isn't possible anymore I think.