Register Now
Kane99

Red Dead Redemption 2 has a hidden cutscene

An article from PCGamesN talks about a hidden cutscene in RDR2, that was cut from the game, likely including a mission where you help someone film him catching a catfish. The cutscene below isn't finished obviously, as it was cut and probably tossed in the back of the code to be forgotten. Yet it looks like someone was able to find it. 

Heres the article discussing it: https://www.pcgamesn.com/red-dead-redemption-2/hidden-cutscene-cut-content

On 8/25/2022 at 2:09 PM, killamch89 said:

Pretty interesting indeed - but why would they remove it though?

I believe it's part of cut content for the New Austin area, which I believe is inaccessible in the game. I believe it was originally planned, but they had to cut content and that's where they went. 

They cut it because they wanted New Austin to be completely inaccessible with the exception of the mission to rescue Sean. There is a glitch you can exploit if you're desperate to get into New Austin as Arthur. In chapter 4 when you finish the cemetery scene that Bronte has Arthur and John go do, instead of returning to Bronte's mansion take John and ride to New Austin. The glitch of having the both of them together allows you to search all of it, providing you don't try to actually go into Blackwater.

@Rain Dew showed me that glitch a couple years ago. She does it every time she starts up a new file. I'm not all that worried about it unless I'm feeling desperate to finish the Explorer 9 challenge.

4 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

They cut it because they wanted New Austin to be completely inaccessible with the exception of the mission to rescue Sean. There is a glitch you can exploit if you're desperate to get into New Austin as Arthur. In chapter 4 when you finish the cemetery scene that Bronte has Arthur and John go do, instead of returning to Bronte's mansion take John and ride to New Austin. The glitch of having the both of them together allows you to search all of it, providing you don't try to actually go into Blackwater.

@Rain Dew showed me that glitch a couple years ago. She does it every time she starts up a new file. I'm not all that worried about it unless I'm feeling desperate to finish the Explorer 9 challenge.

I think I saw that exact glitch on tiktok a while back. I don't intend to do it myself. Once I'm playing as John, I'll continue the explorer stuff. I'm going to try and 100% it this time around. But I'm taking it really slow. 

One important thing @The Blackangel forgot to mention was you have to get spotted by the law before going back to Bronte’s. I do the glitch for the trapper pelts. It’s perpetually night, same music is always playing (lol), and you cannot pick any plants. You can buy items in New Auston. You MUST stay out of Blackwater or you will get caught. Also if you die before finishing Bronte’s mission you lose everything you got in New Austin.