Register Now
DC

Phil Spencer ‘feels good’ about Xbox’s proposed Activision acquisition approval

https://www.ign.com/articles/xbox-boss-phil-spencer-feels-good-about-activision-blizzard-acquisition-progress

Xbox boss Phil Spencer recently told Bloomberg, “I feel good about the progress that we’ve been making” with respect to acquiring Blizzard. He also adds that he has never done a deal of this size before but that the “discussions we’ve been having seem positive.” To those who are concerned about exclusives, he says that this is “something we’re just going to see less and less of.”

I think Xbox is on a mission to get all the gaming studios that they could lay their hands on and it's been working for them lately.

Personally, I feel What's lacking in Xbox is not to get more studios under their belt but to work on developing quality games not having a bunch of studios developing different games at the same time without even making back the money spent because of low sales it's better to have one game in development have a bunch of developers on it and bring the best possible outcome that would break the market.

Ultimately, it doesn't benefit Xbox to make COD an exclusive because most of their fans will just continue to play Warzone and the games won't sell as much.  I just hope they stop releasing the game yearly and actually try adding some new elements to it.

12 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Ultimately, it doesn't benefit Xbox to make COD an exclusive because most of their fans will just continue to play Warzone and the games won't sell as much.  I just hope they stop releasing the game yearly and actually try adding some new elements to it.

They aren't even planning bringing more exclusives to Xbox but instead it said that we would getting fewer and fewer exclusives in the coming years.

There isn't any need whatsoever to make cod an Xbox exclusive.

Sony has been the only real voice of opposition and they hired complete morons to handle it and in return made the entire PlayStation brand look weak and pitiful this deal will go through no doubt I don't want it to at all I don't want a handful of Uber publishers I like that Microsoft is telling devs to do what they want and they're footing the bill we should see a lot of original creative games pentiment for example but they need to stop buying up devs same with Sony I hate they're pushing hard for live services and completely abandoned their extremely unique Japanese devs all of your games don't need to be higher quality Ubisoft games that formula is played out and monotonous especially if you bring absolutely nothing but graphics steer more towards God of war and last of us not horizon and ghost of Tsushima

On 8/25/2022 at 11:48 AM, Clasher said:

I think Xbox is on a mission to get all the gaming studios that they could lay their hands on and it's been working for them lately.

Personally, I feel What's lacking in Xbox is not to get more studios under their belt but to work on developing quality games not having a bunch of studios developing different games at the same time without even making back the money spent because of low sales it's better to have one game in development have a bunch of developers on it and bring the best possible outcome that would break the market.

I don't think they're going to go for anyone else. They already have two of the biggest ones in Activision and Bethesda. They will probably allow all of these games to come out for other consoles as well, as I think they are starting to lean into a more open ecosystem. So their games may one day work on PlayStation or their games at least work on PC. It seems Sony is making a ton on their games moving to PC. 

I'm quite confused with the information I'm getting lately online, it was made earlier time that 'microsoft have acquired the right of 'Activision Blizzard. But some sections are still saying, talks are ongoing that Xbox never made tbe deal official, that's quite confusing. But all I know is that, Microsoft has closed on the deal and they're on a mission to become powerhouse of all gaming company. 

31 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

I'm quite confused with the information I'm getting lately online, it was made earlier time that 'microsoft have acquired the right of 'Activision Blizzard. But some sections are still saying, talks are ongoing that Xbox never made tbe deal official, that's quite confusing. But all I know is that, Microsoft has closed on the deal and they're on a mission to become powerhouse of all gaming company. 

The issue with buying big companies like this, is that it takes a lot longer for the process to run through. It could take months for the deal to be completed. I don't know all they have to do, but I would assume signing a ton of papers, and other aspects of running businesses and all that jazz. 

Basically any big deal like this takes a while. It's a lot of money involved as well, so that in itself is probably another issue. 

On 8/25/2022 at 7:22 PM, killamch89 said:

The Call of Duty series have been losing millions of players as of late, if they dared to make it an exclusive, it's all going to be the last nail in the coffin. 

Phil Spencer knows that very well, it's pretty much why they decided to cut down on more exclusives. 

On 8/26/2022 at 1:45 AM, Clasher said:

They aren't even planning bringing more exclusives to Xbox but instead it said that we would getting fewer and fewer exclusives in the coming years.

There isn't any need whatsoever to make cod an Xbox exclusive.

I know but some people were speculating that it would become an Xbox exclusive. I had said since the beginning that the decision doesn't benefit their pockets and so Microsoft won't go through with it.

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

I know but some people were speculating that it would become an Xbox exclusive. I had said since the beginning that the decision doesn't benefit their pockets and so Microsoft won't go through with it.

It was purely speculations on gamers part because I don't recall once Microsoft ever giving a hint that they would be making it an exclusive even before they finally announced it. 

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

For exclusives like Call of Duty and maybe Elder Scrolls/Fallout, but I don't see every IP going that route. Xbox will make a lot of their new acquisitions into exclusives, at least the ones they probably don't see making them a ton of cash. So instead those games would be fine as exclusives. But a game like COD, to be on just one console, would be dumb. Microsoft will make a ton of money keeping those franchises open to other platforms. 

But, there's always that chance that Microsoft and company could change their mind and keep all of these franchises on the green brand.  

14 hours ago, Kane99 said:

For exclusives like Call of Duty and maybe Elder Scrolls/Fallout, but I don't see every IP going that route. Xbox will make a lot of their new acquisitions into exclusives, at least the ones they probably don't see making them a ton of cash. So instead those games would be fine as exclusives. But a game like COD, to be on just one console, would be dumb. Microsoft will make a ton of money keeping those franchises open to other platforms. 

But, there's always that chance that Microsoft and company could change their mind and keep all of these franchises on the green brand.  

Sony is very much convinced that even with Phil Spencer giving the assurances that Call Of Duty franchise wouldn't be made exclusive, they believe that Activision Blizzard is only contractually committed to releasing only the next three Call of Duty games on Playstation consoles. After that's done, it's going to full exclusive. 

6 hours ago, Heatman said:

Sony is very much convinced that even with Phil Spencer giving the assurances that Call Of Duty franchise wouldn't be made exclusive, they believe that Activision Blizzard is only contractually committed to releasing only the next three Call of Duty games on Playstation consoles. After that's done, it's going to full exclusive. 

And I keep pointing out the fact that it hurts their pockets more to make it an exclusive and as such they won't go through with that decision.

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

And I keep pointing out the fact that it hurts their pockets more to make it an exclusive and as such they won't go through with that decision.

Yeah, from every indication it's definitely set up to affect the game and their profit more if they decide to go on that path. It's only going to be a matter of pride that's going to make Microsoft decide to screw Sony and lose out money.