Register Now
DC

Phil Spencer ‘feels good’ about Xbox’s proposed Activision acquisition approval

On 8/31/2022 at 3:54 PM, Heatman said:

Yeah, from every indication it's definitely set up to affect the game and their profit more if they decide to go on that path. It's only going to be a matter of pride that's going to make Microsoft decide to screw Sony and lose out money. 

As a company, when you're dealing with millions of dollars and you have a lot to lose, pride tends to go out the window very quickly. They'll probably have their back and forth subtle disses but I'm certain Microsoft won't make any decisions that hamper them financially just to spite Sony.

21 hours ago, killamch89 said:

As a company, when you're dealing with millions of dollars and you have a lot to lose, pride tends to go out the window very quickly. They'll probably have their back and forth subtle disses but I'm certain Microsoft won't make any decisions that hamper them financially just to spite Sony.

Yeah, I think so too that they won't be that stupid and all because of what? Microsoft is way bigger than Sony by a very long margin. Yeah, they might try to shook up Sony by this but they wouldn't make a move that's going to cost them money. 

On 8/31/2022 at 8:02 AM, Heatman said:

Sony is very much convinced that even with Phil Spencer giving the assurances that Call Of Duty franchise wouldn't be made exclusive, they believe that Activision Blizzard is only contractually committed to releasing only the next three Call of Duty games on Playstation consoles. After that's done, it's going to full exclusive. 

That's honestly one thing to consider I suppose. Once that exclusivity deal ends, we may see Xbox and co. change their mind and make it exclusive. But, I have a feeling that won't happen. One, there would be some backlash from fans and I think it would result in MS changing their mind. 

What I hope happens is that they allow their games to go to PlayStation, but Xbox will get the exclusivity deals for DLC and other goodies I imagine. Or timed exclusivity at least. If they can do that, I think gamers will be fine with it. 

11 hours ago, Kane99 said:

That's honestly one thing to consider I suppose. Once that exclusivity deal ends, we may see Xbox and co. change their mind and make it exclusive. But, I have a feeling that won't happen. One, there would be some backlash from fans and I think it would result in MS changing their mind. 

What I hope happens is that they allow their games to go to PlayStation, but Xbox will get the exclusivity deals for DLC and other goodies I imagine. Or timed exclusivity at least. If they can do that, I think gamers will be fine with it. 

I also think that giving a little advantage to Xbox console with exclusive DLC's might be a good icing on the cake. Sony wouldn't have much to nag about that one at least since they have the base game to play. 

On 8/28/2022 at 3:41 PM, Heatman said:

The Call of Duty series have been losing millions of players as of late, if they dared to make it an exclusive, it's all going to be the last nail in the coffin. 

Phil Spencer knows that very well, it's pretty much why they decided to cut down on more exclusives. 

A pal stopped playing too citing hackers issues with the game. I don't know how true it is, but I don't see Microsoft and Sony doing a lot of exclusives in the future. 

On 9/6/2022 at 8:47 PM, Ajibusu said:

A pal stopped playing too citing hackers issues with the game. I don't know how true it is, but I don't see Microsoft and Sony doing a lot of exclusives in the future. 

I haven't had any issues with account hack ever since I started playing the Call of Duty franchise. It's just about poor storyline, lack of content, bugs and glitches. It just revolves around those pitfalls. 

On 9/11/2022 at 6:24 PM, Heatman said:

I haven't had any issues with account hack ever since I started playing the Call of Duty franchise. It's just about poor storyline, lack of content, bugs and glitches. It just revolves around those pitfalls. 

I discovered they turned it more into making more money and cared less about what the gamers feel about the game (Call of Duty). Do we get an improvement in the future is what I don't know yet.

15 hours ago, Ajibusu said:

I discovered they turned it more into making more money and cared less about what the gamers feel about the game (Call of Duty). Do we get an improvement in the future is what I don't know yet.

Well, when Microsoft full takes up the development of the game from next after they complete the full transfer and ownership of Activision Blizzard, we would see how they are going to handle the Call of Duty franchise. 

On 9/17/2022 at 11:21 PM, Heatman said:

Well, when Microsoft full takes up the development of the game from next after they complete the full transfer and ownership of Activision Blizzard, we would see how they are going to handle the Call of Duty franchise. 

That's true, and I am looking forward to an improvement on what we have now. Some of these hackers should be restricted from having an advantage on the game too.

3 hours ago, Ajibusu said:

That's true, and I am looking forward to an improvement on what we have now. Some of these hackers should be restricted from having an advantage on the game too.

At least, according to their updates, they are not going to be releasing Call of Duty on yearly basis, so it gives them enough time to work on the game's development by not having to rush it. 

On 9/6/2022 at 2:47 PM, Ajibusu said:

To be fair, a lot of modern MMOs have the issue with hackers/cheaters and with Ai around, the cheaters are using far more sophisticated technology than most anti-cheat software are capable of handling. Companies are going to need far more advanced software to curb this.

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

To be fair, a lot of modern MMOs have the issue with hackers/cheaters and with Ai around, the cheaters are using far more sophisticated technology than most anti-cheat software are capable of handling. Companies are going to need far more advanced software to curb this.

The gaming companies ought to spend more. The player base generates a lot of revenues from sales and deserves getting support from these developers of the games that they play.

22 hours ago, Ajibusu said:

The gaming companies ought to spend more. The player base generates a lot of revenues from sales and deserves getting support from these developers of the games that they play.

They're too busy trying to think of ways to get more money out of us instead of securing their servers. Ubisoft has had this issue with several games over the years and they don't seem to care one bit. GTA online on PC is full of modders/hackers but Rockstar hardly does anything about them either.

On 10/1/2022 at 3:22 AM, killamch89 said:

They're too busy trying to think of ways to get more money out of us instead of securing their servers. Ubisoft has had this issue with several games over the years and they don't seem to care one bit. GTA online on PC is full of modders/hackers but Rockstar hardly does anything about them either.

Their new drive at making attempts to make more money from gamers through microtransactions is what baffles me. It won't cost much for them to tighten the security from their end, but it seems they enjoy to see some players wail about the issue.