Register Now
NightmareFarm

Favourite and least favourite game released in the 20s?

20 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Well for some it is. For me it's a fairly decent game, but the bugs and problems it has, does hurt it some. I'd say more of a disappointment if anything, especially how it released broken and not up to what fans were expecting. Fans were hoping for a lot more than what they got. I'll admit, I didn't have as many problems as others did, but I got bored with the game fairly quick as well. 

The concept was actually pretty good and some gameplay elements too but the endless bugs just ruined the whole experience. To top it all off, the endless hype before the game was released only made it all the more disappointing.

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I think most of us like myself didn't bother with it in the first place so we didn't remember about it. My friends have played it but I didn't even bother to get the game because of how terrible it was.

Battlefield 2042 was the shocker of the year when it was released and still is. There were signs from the previous releases that EA was about to screw with the games hard but we didn't expect it to be at the level it was in Battlefield 2042. A horse shit was better than what they did with the game. 

On 8/26/2022 at 3:48 AM, m76 said:

Favorite: The Last of Us 2
honourable mentions: Cyberpunk 2077, Snowrunner

Least: Outriders
dishonourable mentions: Chimera Squad, Star Wars Squadrons, Gran Turismo 7

I realize I barely played any games from this decade.

Same here - Gran Turismo 7 was definitely a disappointment with the the always online feature and the microtransactions. I don't even own a PS5 or PS4 currently but I'd never touch that game and I have always loved Gran Turismo since I was a kid.

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

Same here - Gran Turismo 7 was definitely a disappointment with the the always online feature and the microtransactions. I don't even own a PS5 or PS4 currently but I'd never touch that game and I have always loved Gran Turismo since I was a kid.

The developers made an attempt in tapping in the new oil of Microtransactions in the gaming industry and it's unfortunate that it didn't work out as they planned. 

I don't have a lot of favorites, especially since I don't play a lot of mainstream games, but Two Point Campus is turning out to be quite appealing for me so far. I wouldn't say it's even remotely one of my favorite games of all time, but it's at least the one that I had the most fun with in the 2020s.

But I think it's still behind Digimon Survive. Even though I have my problems with the game (particularly the length of it for a visual novel and its awkward replay structure), I think that game stood out for me the most this decade as a Digimon fan who grew up with the first season of the anime. It was truly a love letter to us and a tribute to that particular season. I don't think there's any other game that represented my childhood more than this so far, and I'm grateful for it.

Behind Digimon Survive is the second strongest contender, Spiritfarer: Farewell Edition. I love this game, so so much. It broke my heart, made me feel depressed, but I wouldn't trade anything in the world for my experience with this game. It touches my emotions in all the right ways while addressing the heavy subject of death and dealing with it in the most tasteful and heartfelt way. It's just an amazing masterpiece IMO for an indie game.

The third favorite would've been The House In Fata Morgana: Dreams Of The Revenants Edition, but even though it was released on Switch in 2021, the Revenants Edition was released on the PS4 in 2019, so it wouldn't have counted. It's still a damn good visual novel though with lots of depth in its exploration of different tragic stories resulted from the characters' own faults and fallibility.

So my ranking for most favorite would be:

1. Digimon Survive

2. Spiritfarer: Farewell Edition

3. Two Point Campus

Least favorite would be Cyberpunk: 2077, but it's only in this list because it's one of the few games I've played in the 2020s, and the one that I liked the least among those few entries. I only ended up playing it under two hours before refunding it on Steam. I probably would've gave it a chance and played it longer if Steam's refund policy wasn't so strict, but I didn't want to risk wasting money on something I didn't potentially enjoy, which I didn't. The combat was tedious and difficult, and the story didn't go anywhere interesting (I didn't get to the Keanu Reeves part, so that might be the problem). Kinda glad I refunded it, now that I've heard of all the complaints about the game.

On 9/30/2022 at 3:59 AM, killamch89 said:

Unfortunately it is the same for me, I bought GT7 with great hope and expectation, and I have not even started it since April. I played the heck out of all the others, except for GT3, but this I can't get behind. It's a boring grindfest. It should've been called GT Sport 2, instead of GT7.

On 10/1/2022 at 11:42 AM, Akun said:

Least favorite would be Cyberpunk: 2077, but it's only in this list because it's one of the few games I've played in the 2020s, and the one that I liked the least among those few entries. I only ended up playing it under two hours before refunding it on Steam. I probably would've gave it a chance and played it longer if Steam's refund policy wasn't so strict, but I didn't want to risk wasting money on something I didn't potentially enjoy, which I didn't. The combat was tedious and difficult, and the story didn't go anywhere interesting (I didn't get to the Keanu Reeves part, so that might be the problem). Kinda glad I refunded it, now that I've heard of all the complaints about the game.

Actually the overbearing Keanu part is what ruined the game for me. I wanted an authentic cyberpunk story, but everything in the game is overshadowed by Keanu's character. You constantly play second fiddle to him and what he says goes every time, you can never deny him, and if you don't do everything to suck up to him you get one of the bad endings for the game. I hated his character so much, and even though I enjoyed the gamplay I could not get myself to re-play the story more than once due to that.

If you talk about series released in the last two decades within 20s, then I'll tell you that, MGP series games dating from 20s till now is my favourite. I don't have least favourite at the moment, their are so many games I'm yet to play, when I get there I'll know. 

On 8/26/2022 at 9:48 AM, m76 said:

Favorite: The Last of Us 2
honourable mentions: Cyberpunk 2077, Snowrunner

Least: Outriders
dishonourable mentions: Chimera Squad, Star Wars Squadrons, Gran Turismo 7

I realize I barely played any games from this decade.

Snowrunner was filled with bugs that I began to wonder, if the developers tested it before they allowed it to go on sales. I think Elden Ring still remains the best game that I've played this year alone.

On 10/6/2022 at 6:51 AM, Ajibusu said:

Snowrunner was filled with bugs that I began to wonder, if the developers tested it before they allowed it to go on sales. I think Elden Ring still remains the best game that I've played this year alone.

I only got snowrunner after it released on steam, I'm not dealing  with EGS, by then there were zero bugs.

On 10/9/2022 at 11:20 PM, m76 said:

I only got snowrunner after it released on steam, I'm not dealing  with EGS, by then there were zero bugs.

Most of these game developers will always try to capture the market with good entry of their games till it is time for an update. 

On 10/6/2022 at 5:51 AM, Ajibusu said:

I played snowrunner a few times in the past I can't really say how buggy they were because i didn't even play for too long to notice any bug.