Register Now
Shagger

Sony, You Idiots! PS5 Price Increase Announced

53 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

It's been noticeable for quite some time now. They're going down the modern Rockstar route and being very greedy and anti-consumer.

what do you mean by rockstar route? rockstar games? 🤔

also isn't every major game company nowadays being called greedy by people at this rate? 😅 like EA, for example.

I really think this is going to end up blowing up in their faces. It already is getting hate all around the gaming world, so I wonder if they will end up cancelling these changes. I hope they do, because I'd hate to see the PS5's price go up. Especially with scalpers still making it tough to get, now imagine scalpers jumping at it again because there's more money to be made. 

On 8/31/2022 at 2:34 PM, Gonassis said:

what do you mean by rockstar route? rockstar games? 🤔

also isn't every major game company nowadays being called greedy by people at this rate? 😅 like EA, for example.

Modern Rockstar/ Take 2 interactive are the definition of greed - they're not really that much better than EA.

21 hours ago, Lamarr the strelok said:

Speaking only for myself but yes modern Rockstar/take 2 are especially greedy.And yes I'd put them in the same category as EA as far as being greedy.No corporation is your friend, but they're both especially greedy.With Sony pulling this crap I have to add them to the really greedy category also.

Most people here would agree with you because we've seen them doing a lot of crap in the last few years/

On 9/2/2022 at 7:37 AM, killamch89 said:

Modern Rockstar/ Take 2 interactive are the definition of greed - they're not really that much better than EA.

Most people here would agree with you because we've seen them doing a lot of crap in the last few years/

ahhh, now I get it...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Take-Two_Interactive

As of March 2018, it is the third-largest publicly traded game company in the Americas and Europe after Activision Blizzard and Electronic Arts, with an estimated market cap of US$13 billion.[3]

after all they're 3rd, after EA games. 🤣

I've heard some people claiming that the PS5 is technically a failure, and that is why the price hike is happening. I don't know if that's true considering they have sold a ton still, but I don't get why they are doing a price hike in the first place. 

I also heard in the same claim, that it's due to these areas not purchasing the PS5 as much, so instead they increase the price. idk. A lot of what's posted online may be false, so I can't verify if any of what I said is true. But I could see it in some ways. 

5 hours ago, Gonassis said:

ahhh, now I get it...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Take-Two_Interactive

As of March 2018, it is the third-largest publicly traded game company in the Americas and Europe after Activision Blizzard and Electronic Arts, with an estimated market cap of US$13 billion.[3]

after all they're 3rd, after EA games. 🤣

The only thing saving them is that they have the odd banger like RDR2 and they've hardly supported the game since release. Ubisoft and EA (I'm just temporarily leaving out Activision because they've been bought out by Microsoft so we need to see what they doing going forward) are the only companies I think are possibly worse than Take Two.

1 hour ago, Withywarlock said:

Whatever Rockstar (or rather, Take 2 Interactive), Electronic Arts or Activision-Blizzard are doing, it has nothing to do with Sony's price hike of the Playstation 5.

Let's keep this on topic.

You're right - sorry about that.

16 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

I've heard some people claiming that the PS5 is technically a failure, and that is why the price hike is happening. I don't know if that's true considering they have sold a ton still, but I don't get why they are doing a price hike in the first place. 

I also heard in the same claim, that it's due to these areas not purchasing the PS5 as much, so instead they increase the price. idk. A lot of what's posted online may be false, so I can't verify if any of what I said is true. But I could see it in some ways. 

We've seen plenty of consoles fail since the 90's - in no way shape or form is the PS5 a failure. It's more overpriced and I totally agree but a failure doesn't sell that many consoles so much so that nearly 3 years later, some of us still can't get our hands on one.

I was telling a friend that the scarcity of the Playstation 5 was all part of the game that Sony are playing and not as a result of the coronavirus era. I have been vindicated with this recent updates by the Sony Entertainment. They are just out here to milk gamers as they wish. 

8 minutes ago, Ajibusu said:

I was telling a friend that the scarcity of the Playstation 5 was all part of the game that Sony are playing and not as a result of the coronavirus era. I have been vindicated with this recent updates by the Sony Entertainment. They are just out here to milk gamers as they wish. 

Whilst I don't agree with what Sony has done, this price increase in no way vindicates any theory that the sacristy caused by supply issues through the pandemic was a part of any plan from Sony or anybody else. That microchip shortage reached and affected just about every manufacturing industry from games consoles to waste refuse vehicles.

The kind of demand that's out for the Playstation 5 console, I would say that I'm surprised Sony have decided to cash in more on it by bringing out their greedy fangs. If you wanna play on PS5, you have to pay a little bit more. 

Sony = Wankers!! 

On 9/18/2022 at 10:59 PM, Heatman said:

The kind of demand that's out for the Playstation 5 console, I would say that I'm surprised Sony have decided to cash in more on it by bringing out their greedy fangs. If you wanna play on PS5, you have to pay a little bit more. 

Sony = Wankers!! 

I didn't get it before the price increase , I would just wait for a few months more and maybe I might be ready at the time to purchase the PlayStation 5.