Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games where all dialogue is in translation?

I saw that in 'Stray's trailer when I watched it. I used to see word translation over at 'Winning Eleven soccer, that was made in foreign language but with English subtitles. That's the game I've played made outside of English language. 

On 8/26/2022 at 9:35 PM, Kane99 said:

I prefer my foreign games to use the language they are known for. So if it's a Japanese game, I want the cast speaking Japanese. I can read subtitles no problem. But I hate hearing American voice overs for games and movies alike. 

Exactly how I feel about this because with them using their core language adds more originality to the game which makes it whole. The subtitles makes it very easy for you to catch up with the discussions which I don't have any problems with reading. 

On 8/26/2022 at 9:51 AM, Empire said:

The Last Of Us has great dialogue even though i find the story to be incredibly boring. Also, for a JRPG Persona 5 was really well done.

The Last of Us remains one of my  favorite games. The dialogue aside, it is one game I enjoy playing. I understand we all have different reasons for liking a storyline in any game.

On 8/26/2022 at 9:51 AM, Empire said:

The Last Of Us has great dialogue even though i find the story to be incredibly boring. Also, for a JRPG Persona 5 was really well done.

This was actually why everything was made better in The Last of Us Part II when it finally came out. Do you have any problems with what they have done with The Last Of Us Part II in terms of gameplay and dialogue? 

On 8/26/2022 at 9:35 PM, Kane99 said:

I prefer my foreign games to use the language they are known for. So if it's a Japanese game, I want the cast speaking Japanese. I can read subtitles no problem. But I hate hearing American voice overs for games and movies alike. 

I really want originality in video games , you can't have a video game set in a Japan or Brazil and the characters all speak English let the indigenous languages be spoken and maybe translated in the subtitle to whichever language you desire.