Register Now
runswithspatulas

Disney Dreamlight Valley is about to be dropped into the Switch among other consoles!

I'm not too into most Disney properties, at least in video game form. I kinda like the idea of a sim like game in the Disney world, but to me it just looks mediocre. But then again, I don't really see myself playing something like this anyway. 

This reminds me more of MySims rather than Animal Crossing, in that it appears quite quest-based than a sandbox. It's eerily similar to Toy Story 3's Toybox Mode, which I greatly enjoyed but the decorations to the toybox were secondary to the minigames. I may give it a go depending on the price, but I don't expect that much. I'm not familiar with Gameloft's previous games, but a quick glance on Wikipedia tells me their lineup consists mostly of mobile games. Let's see where this goes...

I've seen this one popping up a few times and while i'm a sucker for life simulation games, i'm going to hold off until the final release for now, got way too much to play anyway especially since Hokko life is also getting a release on consoles near the end of september.

Edited by Yaramaki

This one surely looks like something that's going to be fun to play. Although, I would be more comfortable waiting for it to be free to play by next year. What's the rush for me with it? I don't see any, so I'd gladly wait. 

Will this be the same as Disney Magical Kingdom? I lost my saved data and haven't played the game since because some reason, someone's game data crossed over into mine and made my file unplayable saying I am logged into it on another device. 4 years of game progress lost.

But sadly this won't be widely available till 2023.

1 hour ago, Empire said:

Will this be the same as Disney Magical Kingdom? I lost my saved data and haven't played the game since because some reason, someone's game data crossed over into mine and made my file unplayable saying I am logged into it on another device. 4 years of game progress lost.

But sadly this won't be widely available till 2023.

It's always very sad and frustrating when you lose your long gameplay progress in such manner. All your effort and commitment just up and gone in smoke within the blink of an eye. 

It's definitely going to very difficult starting playing the game all over again. It's a different feeling when you completed the game and feel like to replay it than just losing your progress and being forced to start all over again.