Register Now
Justin11

UEFA Champions League season 2022/23 Talk

UEFA Champions League is back, we'll see more of the action packed games on-screen and Live. 'Uefa Champions League is the most prestigious club competition around, that's where stars wants to make their name. Now that UEFA grouped the teams via their respective pots, where did your own club fall? 

Mine, 'Barcelona' fell on the group 'C spot, facing 'Inter Milan, Bayern Munchen, and Victoria Plzen. At least, R. Lewandoski, will have the time to face off with his former club and former teammates, and memories will be rolled back during his time at the Allianz stadium (Munchen). 

Which group or spot did your own team fall? List the clubs that will battle it out with your own team to the next round? 

Edited by Yaramaki

On 8/31/2022 at 8:34 PM, killamch89 said:

Barca with Bayern is going to a very interesting game - I don't think Inter will be very dangerous but Victoria Pizen is a bit of a wildcard so it's best not to underestimate him.

Yes, no need for underestimation, because the David can slay a goiath anytime in football. I'll keep closer attention monitoring the progress of my favourite club 'FC Barcelona in their UCL campaign. 

12 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Yes, no need for underestimation, because the David can slay a goiath anytime in football. I'll keep closer attention monitoring the progress of my favourite club 'FC Barcelona in their UCL campaign. 

Serie A teams are a joke in Europe - outside Juventus and Inter making a final in the past decade, the others usually drop out in the group stages or the round of 16 to half-decent teams that almost everyone else can beat. None of them have won a major European trophy since Inter Milan did in 2010 with Jose. The Conference League is a 3rd rate competition in Europe so I don't necessarily count that.

Speaking of david vs goliath I'd be curious how Club Brugge is going to perform now that they are in a group where they have chance for third place and maybe second place, i'm considering of getting tickets for their home game against atletico madrid if i can my hands on them. 

eventough i doubt they will get very far Ac milan is a team i'm looking forward to see them playing especially now they have an influx of belgian players now that their record signing is the most exiting talent we have in years, Charles De Ketelaere is probably going to be heir to eden hazard. I'm also kinda curious how divock origi is going to do, as he seems to have a nose for scoring important goals.

Edited by Yaramaki

6 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

Speaking of david vs goliath I'd be curious how Club Brugge is going to perform now that they are in a group where they have chance for third place and maybe second place, i'm considering of getting tickets for their home game against atletico madrid if i can my hands on them. 

eventough i doubt they will get very far Ac milan is a team i'm looking forward to see them playing especially now they have an influx of belgian players now that their record signing is the most exiting talent we have in years, Charles De Ketelaere is probably going to be heir to eden hazard. I'm also kinda curious how divock origi is going to do, as he seems to have a nose for scoring important goals.

You love for your countrymen is immense, I know you'll be fancying Club Brugge to go far in the competition. Goiath and David fight can still come to reality man, club Brugge can define the odds beating their group opponents and progressing far in the competition. 

20 hours ago, Justin11 said:

You love for your countrymen is immense, I know you'll be fancying Club Brugge to go far in the competition. Goiath and David fight can still come to reality man, club Brugge can define the odds beating their group opponents and progressing far in the competition. 

I usually watch football as a neutral fan, i don't really have a favourite team apart from Fc Schalke 04 (and maybe Arsenal), but i doubt schalke are going to play any champions league football anytime soon, probably may already be happy if they survive this season in the bundesliga.

I do however i'm a massive fan of my own country's national team, so by this i usually follow any Red devil that plays abroad closely no matter where they play and support the teams they play for. 

21 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

I usually watch football as a neutral fan, i don't really have a favourite team apart from Fc Schalke 04 (and maybe Arsenal), but i doubt schalke are going to play any champions league football anytime soon, probably may already be happy if they survive this season in the bundesliga.

I do however i'm a massive fan of my own country's national team, so by this i usually follow any Red devil that plays abroad closely no matter where they play and support the teams they play for. 

You should also support any of your country's club side. We have Club brugge, Anderletch, Circle Brugge, Gent etc. They're all good football clubs, instead of supporting clubs abroad, at least when those of your country's own win, you celebrate closely with them, lol. 

Schalke 04 will struggle for many years getting back to UCL, but for Arsenal, they wouldn't struggle much. 

4 hours ago, Justin11 said:

You should also support any of your country's club side. We have Club brugge, Anderletch, Circle Brugge, Gent etc. They're all good football clubs, instead of supporting clubs abroad, at least when those of your country's own win, you celebrate closely with them, lol. 

Schalke 04 will struggle for many years getting back to UCL, but for Arsenal, they wouldn't struggle much. 

Gelsenkirchen where Schalke's home stadion is located is like a 4-5 hour drive depending on traffic away from where i live so it's not that far by other countries standards, you know uefa cup final 1997 i saw both legs of the final live on tv as an 11 year old, seeing my fellow country man, marc wilmots scoring the final penalty against inter to win schalke the uefa cup, ever since i've been a fan of schalke as it's a club that is always the underdog and you know i always liked the underdog team whenever the odds are against them.

i'd rather stay a neutral supporter when it comes to my own countries football clubs as i don't find the belgian pro league all that exiting to watch to be honest.

4 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

Gelsenkirchen where Schalke's home stadion is located is like a 4-5 hour drive depending on traffic away from where i live so it's not that far by other countries standards, you know uefa cup final 1997 i saw both legs of the final live on tv as an 11 year old, seeing my fellow country man, marc wilmots scoring the final penalty against inter to win schalke the uefa cup, ever since i've been a fan of schalke as it's a club that is always the underdog and you know i always liked the underdog team whenever the odds are against them.

i'd rather stay a neutral supporter when it comes to my own countries football clubs as i don't find the belgian pro league all that exiting to watch to be honest.

That's fantastic of you keeping such kind of record since 1997, I found it so interesting reading about history when it comes to soccer. I didn't witness the 1997 UEFA Cup, I don't think that's a UCL cup final. Because UEFA champions league have remained a one round cup final match since it was rebranded as UCL during 1990/1991 season. I love schalke 04 team as well, I never knew they won that UEFA Cup in 1997 in the expense of Inter. 

Belgian Pro League is quite exciting here in my locality, we Nigerians love watching and gambling over teams from local leagues. I am eyeing a slot to play in your local country's league, 😂

Man i don't know what to say but this gives me the goosebumps and a warm fuzzy feeling inside and it's totally well deserving, club brugge battering porto at their home ground 0-4 and you know it was well earned too by playing good football they probably should have gotten atleast one more goal. Club brugge has to be the surpise team of the first 2 matches so far. What about you @Justin11 care to leave your thoughts? Think i'm going to save this picture for well maybe forever 😅

890005276_groupb.thumb.jpg.0daf2df4faa96fd2c17a667669b98145.jpg

5 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

Man i don't know what to say but this gives me the goosebumps and a warm fuzzy feeling inside and it's totally well deserving, club brugge battering porto at their home ground 0-4 and you know it was well earned too by playing good football they probably should have gotten atleast one more goal. Club brugge has to be the surpise team of the first 2 matches so far. What about you @Justin11 care to leave your thoughts? Think i'm going to save this picture for well maybe forever 😅

890005276_groupb.thumb.jpg.0daf2df4faa96fd2c17a667669b98145.jpg

It was a huge upset because no one actually saw that happening. If one were to play sports betting in that match for Club Brugge to win Porto with only $10, he's going to be making more than $100. 

Barcelona were all hyped they would beat Bayern Munich because of their good league run with having Lewandoski, but Bayern Munich still put them to the sword. 

Club brugge is one of the best club in Belgian pro league. I'm not surprised though with their performance against F.C Porto, they're on same level. It will be a surprise indeed, if club brugge go ahead and top the table after six rounds of matches. You did right to celebrate that famous 4-0 victory of club brugge over FC Porto, if I'm in your shoes, I'll definitely do the same thing. 

On 9/15/2022 at 12:59 AM, Justin11 said:

Club brugge is one of the best club in Belgian pro league. I'm not surprised though with their performance against F.C Porto, they're on same level. It will be a surprise indeed, if club brugge go ahead and top the table after six rounds of matches. You did right to celebrate that famous 4-0 victory of club brugge over FC Porto, if I'm in your shoes, I'll definitely do the same thing. 

I'm seeing Chelsea not qualifying from the group stage this season. Even with all the new players they have bought this season to reinforce their team, nothing seems to be working right for them. It's a sticker they are button of their group table. 

9 hours ago, Heatman said:

I'm seeing Chelsea not qualifying from the group stage this season. Even with all the new players they have bought this season to reinforce their team, nothing seems to be working right for them. It's a sticker they are button of their group table. 

Nothing seems working for them at the moment upon the high profile acquisitions. The former manger's tactics failed him, the new manager should do his utmost best to reinforce the team again to be a force to reckon on, both in England and Europe.