Register Now
Justin11

UEFA Champions League season 2022/23 Talk

I'm not one bit surprised about where Juventus is - if you watch them in the Serie A, they're awful! The other one is Chelsea - how do you manage to spend 273m in one window but look so poor? And it's not as if Chelsea's group is difficult barring AC Milan. I'm surprised they haven't gotten more flack for the amount of money they spent.

Edited by killamch89

14 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I'm not one bit surprised about where Juventus is - if you watch them in the Serie A, they're awful! The other one is Chelsea - how do you manage to spend 273m in one window but look so poor? And it's not as if Chelsea's group is difficult barring AC Milan. I'm surprised they haven't gotten more flack for the amount of money they spent.

Yeah, you're right. Juventus have been abysmal so far this season. Even with all the players they go in the likes of Di Maria, Pogba, although Manchester United fan's hate still follows him and he didn't do himself justice with being linked to using the services of a witch doctor and his brother threatening to blackmail him for things he did in Manchester isn't making life easy for him and he's injured and will get a knee surgery that's going to likely keep him out of playing World Cup. As for Chelsea, everything is going wrong for them at the moment. They won't survive the group and their new owner is talking about renaming the club to North London Cowboys or something. 

Such renaming will be absolutely weird man, we all love the club as 'Chelsea football club. The new manager looks like a talkative and a noise maker, he should concentrate to overhaul the fading squad to be competitive in all fronts this season. The UCL is a doubt for Chelsea to get past the group stages with the kind of abysmal form they've displayed so far. 

On 9/23/2022 at 3:52 AM, Justin11 said:

Such renaming will be absolutely weird man, we all love the club as 'Chelsea football club. The new manager looks like a talkative and a noise maker, he should concentrate to overhaul the fading squad to be competitive in all fronts this season. The UCL is a doubt for Chelsea to get past the group stages with the kind of abysmal form they've displayed so far. 

Honestly, I'm far more worried for Barcelona - Unless they beat Bayern and hope that Inter losses to them and draws with the other team, Barca will end up in the Europa League for the second year in a row. With the summer they had, they need to be doing better than that - for heavens sake, why does he insists on playing Busquets when we can all see he's finished, Frenkie has done a far better job in his role but Xavi just keeps him on the bench. Furthermore, Xavi keeps making Raphinha and Dembele stay wide instead of cutting inside and shooting and also interchanging positions. Barca are performing way below expectation with the quality of the squad they have.

14 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Honestly, I'm far more worried for Barcelona - Unless they beat Bayern and hope that Inter losses to them and draws with the other team, Barca will end up in the Europa League for the second year in a row. With the summer they had, they need to be doing better than that - for heavens sake, why does he insists on playing Busquets when we can all see he's finished, Frenkie has done a far better job in his role but Xavi just keeps him on the bench. Furthermore, Xavi keeps making Raphinha and Dembele stay wide instead of cutting inside and shooting and also interchanging positions. Barca are performing way below expectation with the quality of the squad they have.

What you've said is the real truth man, I'm a Barcelona supporter, but with the current team form, Barcelona are truly underperforming, and Xavi is under-fire. He has the quality but doesn't know how to use them, I think he's just being too reliant on his countrymen. If Barcelona continue this way they'll go on another trophyless season and Xavi will lose his job. 

On 10/19/2022 at 2:41 AM, Justin11 said:

What you've said is the real truth man, I'm a Barcelona supporter, but with the current team form, Barcelona are truly underperforming, and Xavi is under-fire. He has the quality but doesn't know how to use them, I think he's just being too reliant on his countrymen. If Barcelona continue this way they'll go on another trophyless season and Xavi will lose his job. 

It's Lewandoski that's been carrying Barca since the season started. Without his goals, they'd be near relegation and no top team should be so reliant on one player especially with the quality of Barca.

9 hours ago, killamch89 said:

It's Lewandoski that's been carrying Barca since the season started. Without his goals, they'd be near relegation and no top team should be so reliant on one player especially with the quality of Barca.

That's true, they have other players that they could he conveniently use but still choose to keep them on the bench and play the likes of pique and busquets whose age are no longer on their side.