Register Now
Kane99

Atari And Butcher Billy Announce NFT Collaboration

https://www.sknr.net/2022/08/25/atari-and-butcher-billy-announce-nft-collaboration/

Eh, another NFT story for ya, not sure I am too psyched about this. Atari (not the one we all grew up with) is teaming up with an artist known as Butcher Billy to create NFTs around popular Atari games. They will also give away a free metaverse experience and also include a 1-888 interactive hotline you can call. Weird I know. 

Just feels like another cash grab by the new Atari. First the Atari VCS being a failure at this point and now they want to try jumping into NFTs. Probably going to end up failing. 

Atari had a good run in the late 90's in terms of console and they haven't really been doing so much since they were outperformed by other competition, the NFT is a way of them getting back into the gaming world since NFT's are speculated to be used in VR world.

The thing with Atari is that they are no longer the Atari we know, they haven't been for many years now. Atari is just Atari in name and nothing else. It's a new group of people who bought the name and are trying to bring it back to popularity any way they can. 

The problem with Atari is that I don't think they understand video games. That's why the vcs failed and will continue to do so. And that's also why they're now trying dumb things like NFTs. I don't even think they own most of the games they sell on their device. I think they own the license to sell and distribute said games though. 

On 8/26/2022 at 9:51 PM, Kane99 said:

It's a new group of people who bought the name and are trying to bring it back to popularity any way they can. 

And they think that jumping into NFT would be the savior they need to boost their project all over again? It's a very poor decision in my opinion but let's see how they are going to fare with it. 

59 minutes ago, Heatman said:

And they think that jumping into NFT would be the savior they need to boost their project all over again? It's a very poor decision in my opinion but let's see how they are going to fare with it. 

It's going to result in failure. I don't see anyone being interested enough to purchase any NFT from Atari of all companies. People have mostly forgotten what Atari is, and with the people now behind the name, they aren't even the same people. 

It's just another attempt to cash in on the Atari name, but soon enough they will have to realize that there isn't any worth in the Atari name anymore, not after how much shit the name has been run through. 

16 hours ago, Kane99 said:

It's going to result in failure. I don't see anyone being interested enough to purchase any NFT from Atari of all companies. People have mostly forgotten what Atari is, and with the people now behind the name, they aren't even the same people. 

It's just another attempt to cash in on the Atari name, but soon enough they will have to realize that there isn't any worth in the Atari name anymore, not after how much shit the name has been run through. 

You're right about most people especially the new generation gamers doesn't even know there was anything like Atari and they are the same people whom they are expected to buy into their NFTs. It's certainly not going to work. 

16 hours ago, Kane99 said:

7 minutes ago, Heatman said:

You're right about most people especially the new generation gamers doesn't even know there was anything like Atari and they are the same people whom they are expected to buy into their NFTs. It's certainly not going to work. 

I'm 37 and know what an Atari is, in fact the Atari 2600 was my first console, and I have no interest in NFT because I've looked into them and seen nothing but a con. A con that has, thankfully, already failed. The implication that the only reason people aren't investing in these bullshit is because they're ignorant of Atari is, quake frankly, insulting.  People who don't invest in NFT's aren't stupid, and that's precisely why we don't.