Register Now
Crazycrab

Sony FINALLY have their own Pro-controller!

Ever since Microsoft released the XBox One Pro Controller for their platform gamers have been wondering when and/or if Sony would do the same for PlayStation.  There has been a number of third party controllers over the years from the likes of Namco and Razer but nothing from PlayStation themselves... Until now.

They have just announced the DualSense Edge, a customisable version of the Dual Sense with swappable thumbsticks, adjustable triggers, custom profiles amoung other features.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2022/08/sony-reveals-official-ps5-pro-controller-dualsense-edge

So what do you think of the Dual Sense Edge?

I'm really liking the design, it's sleek and looks like it'd be comfy in my hands. I wish I could afford controllers like this though, I'd just use them all for PC anyway haha. I usually use a PowerA pro controller for Xbox One on my PC. It's a nice controller and has survived a long time for me. But I have always wanted to try a real pro controller like the Xbox One elite controller or the new one they made and now this controller. 

But, I bet this will go for like $150 or so as well. Too pricey for me. 

We welcome 'Sony' to the world of 'Pro Controllers'. It's good news, they now have their own trademark controller just as Microsoft's Xbox console. I love the new Dual Sense controller that is swappable, I'll check more on the price to know if I can afford one in the future for my PS4. 

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

We welcome 'Sony' to the world of 'Pro Controllers'. It's good news, they now have their own trademark controller just as Microsoft's Xbox console. I love the new Dual Sense controller that is swappable, I'll check more on the price to know if I can afford one in the future for my PS4. 

Unfortunately I'm not seeing any word of it working on the PS4. This looks to just be for the PS5. But I do hope they make it useable for the PS4 as well, considering I believe the PS4 controllers work on PS5. And I can't imagine it being hard to make it work with PS4 as well. 

On 8/26/2022 at 10:58 AM, Crazycrab said:

CNET released a video that goes into a little more detail:

This explains more about the Dual Sense Edge controller. It is a shame that Sony waited for Microsoft to launch theirs before deciding to release the new controller. @Kane99

I don't think they will make it usable for the Playstation 4 since they are doing everything to make more gamers appreciate the benefits of owning a Playstation 5.

On 8/27/2022 at 5:02 PM, Kane99 said:

Unfortunately I'm not seeing any word of it working on the PS4. This looks to just be for the PS5. But I do hope they make it useable for the PS4 as well, considering I believe the PS4 controllers work on PS5. And I can't imagine it being hard to make it work with PS4 as well. 

On 9/2/2022 at 2:27 AM, killamch89 said:

I quite like the design but knowing Sony, it'll cost an arm and a leg. I can assure you that much.

@killamch89 I don't think you have checked the price of the pro controller by Microsoft. That should have given you an idea that these accessories don't come cheap!

On 9/8/2022 at 11:33 PM, Justin11 said:

The pro controllers aren't cheap in anyway, if not, I could've gotten one. The last time I checked online the price of one was around '$70 for PS5 pro controllers. I don't know if such is the market price or another price from scalpers. 

If one can afford paying above 500 dollars for a Playstation 5, then affording the pro controller that is just $70 won't be an issue, in my opinion. What matters here is whether you have the need for it or not.

On 9/10/2022 at 9:24 PM, Ajibusu said:

If one can afford paying above 500 dollars for a Playstation 5, then affording the pro controller that is just $70 won't be an issue, in my opinion. What matters here is whether you have the need for it or not.

You're right no doubt. Those who bought the console at the current price wouldn't have an issue buying a quality controller for their PS5. Only that when you don't have much funds like me, you'll see such amount paid for gaming items ridiculous. Their are individuals who doesn't care about those prices provided they want it. 

On 9/10/2022 at 9:24 PM, Ajibusu said:

Well it's not going to be $70, that's barely more that the standard DualSense.  In the UK XBox's current equivalent, Xbox Elite Series 2, is retailing at £142 ($163) on Amazon.  I'd expect the DualSense Edge to be about the same.

20 hours ago, Justin11 said:

You're right no doubt. Those who bought the console at the current price wouldn't have an issue buying a quality controller for their PS5. Only that when you don't have much funds like me, you'll see such amount paid for gaming items ridiculous. Their are individuals who doesn't care about those prices provided they want it. 

You've got to have the money to pay. I just read that it is worth more than 100 dollars and you begin to think where the fun is when you don't have the money to pay for such an accessory that can make your gaming experience a better one. 

On 8/29/2022 at 7:26 PM, Ajibusu said:

This explains more about the Dual Sense Edge controller. It is a shame that Sony waited for Microsoft to launch theirs before deciding to release the new controller. @Kane99

I don't think they will make it usable for the Playstation 4 since they are doing everything to make more gamers appreciate the benefits of owning a Playstation 5.

That's too bad, any chance this will work on PC? I figure if it at least works on PC, I would consider buying it. I know the Xbox pro controller works on PC, or it should at least. I can see a lot of people still using their PS4s, so if I was Sony I'd make it possible to play on both. Xbox controllers today work on last gen Xbox consoles.